Back to Introduction to Power Electronics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Power Electronics by University of Colorado Boulder

This course can also be taken for academic credit as ECEA 5700, part of CU Boulder’s Master of Science in Electrical Engineering degree. This course introduces the basic concepts of switched-mode converter circuits for controlling and converting electrical power with high efficiency. Principles of converter circuit analysis are introduced, and are developed for finding the steady state voltages, current, and efficiency of power converters. Assignments include simulation of a dc-dc converter, analysis of an inverting dc-dc converter, and modeling and efficiency analysis of an electric vehicle system and of a USB power regulator. After completing this course, you will: ● Understand what a switched-mode converter is and its basic operating principles ● Be able to solve for the steady-state voltages and currents of step-down, step-up, inverting, and other power converters ● Know how to derive an averaged equivalent circuit model and solve for the converter efficiency A basic understanding of electrical circuit analysis is an assumed prerequisite for this course....

SA

Jul 31, 2017

This course sets the groundwork for more advanced concepts in Power Electronics. The Professor was very explicit and the homework assignments were of a good strength to help ground the notions learnt.

PK

Jun 18, 2020

Very nice course. Even if you are already familiar with power electronics, it will help you to form a system of knowledge and utilize rational approaches for task solution of any level of complicity.

726 - 742 of 742 Reviews for Introduction to Power Electronics

By Phuong N

Apr 21, 2017

That course is quite good to get the fundamental knowledge about power electronics

By MARK G

Jun 29, 2017

Course is very good and well explaned. Tutor support is very patchy though.

By Ramya G

Aug 21, 2021

I have not received the certificate after completing the course

By Yi W

Jul 10, 2020

Good course. How to get feedback about homework?

By HARSHIT K

Oct 14, 2021

hirap

By Clayton B

Jan 10, 2021

LTSpice is what spoiled it for me. It made it impossible for me to continue this course past week one due to the demands of the workings of my work and budget. I am running a farm on a shoestring budget as my semiretirement profession, and the expense of getting graded by the LTSpice made this unfeasible for me.

By Sobhan J

Jun 27, 2022

U​nfortunatly, I couldn't make interaction with this course except of week 1. So in this time I think this course wouldn't to be useful for me. Maybe I change my opinion in the future. thank you coursera and university of colorado boulder.

By Biswamoy P

Aug 10, 2021

The course content was absolutely relevant. I enjoyed the course very much. But. at last I am disappointed after getting certificate. The certificate is not displaying my name, instead it is showing " Date of Birth" in place of name.

By Wangnan Z

Aug 23, 2021

Literally no forum support. calculation tolerance is very small

By Валерий В

May 12, 2021

no support

By Luke W

Jan 31, 2022

Coursera needs someone to go over accepted mathematical answers. Too often I was left wondering where did I go wrong only to find that I didn't answer to the 100th decimal position.

By Andy G R U