Back to Practical Introduction to the Command Line

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Practical Introduction to the Command Line by Coursera Project Network

In this project, you will use the UNIX command line to create photo albums that organize photos into directories by date. You'll learn what's the difference between a terminal, bash, command-line, and prompt. With lots of hands-on exercises, you'll master the most fundamental Unix commands for navigating, manipulating and inspecting files. Interacting with a computer through a command-line interface (CLI) is a powerful technique. In such an interface, you type commands telling the computer to perform desired tasks. Mastering the command line can greatly improve your productivity during development....

IM

Jul 13, 2020

I totally recommend this Guided Project for those who know nothing about bash but also to those who want to review the basics. There's no scripting here, just commands one after another, pretty fun!

UU

Jun 04, 2020

I always afraid of terminal after taking this course i am very comfortable ,instructor is very good explainer and guided the whole project in very practical manner.

1 - 25 of 80 Reviews for Practical Introduction to the Command Line

By Mohammad H

Jul 09, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this guided project. I started off with no knowledge about the command line and now am able to function and build upon my skills. The project was great for a beginner like myself. I cannot recommend this guided project enough. Thank you to the project instructor. I really look forward to more projects/courses like this to build upon my newfound knowledge. I highly recommend this for anybody out there. It's super easy to follow along for beginners and is very insightful! Thank you!

By Brahadeesh S

Aug 07, 2020

A simple and effective introduction to using the Command Line for beginners. Each module is short and easy to follow, and the instructor takes you step-by-step through the process, and the quick challenges (with solutions!) at the end of each module are also helpful. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to get introduced to working with the Command Line.

By Abhay T

Jun 02, 2020

On the last video i.e. 7th one, my simulated computer stopped working. it was saying "Reconnecting..." all the time. some times it got connected but after a few seconds again it started this issue..

anyway nice course, hope to learn more about the topic in future.

By Naveenram L N

Oct 12, 2020

A very good course on command line basics along with a virtual terminal emulator to try the commands that are thought in this course and also to try the tasks given by the instructor. For a beginner it is a very good course on command line basics.

By Isaac M

Jul 13, 2020

By Ubaid U

By Fahmim M S

Sep 01, 2020

As a beginner of Linux distribution, this course helps me to learn about how to work in the Command line. I hope it will help to for further learning.

By Rohith.S

Jun 08, 2020

Really a very good project nice initiative by Coursera and thanks to the instructor for sharing some great skills and knowledge.

By daniel g

Sep 19, 2020

The course is planned very well and the instructor is very thorough, final assignment could have been a bit more challenging...

By Rajarshi D

Sep 09, 2020

Just awesome Guide project and it is the best material for beginners. And I have improved my understanding level. Thanks Mam!!!

By Jabale R

Sep 09, 2020

The instructor is too awesome. I hope to learn more. I have learnt many basic commands and many commands now make sense.

By AMRIT S

Jun 03, 2020

A very innovative hands-on experience for dealing with the terminal. Cleared doubts of the shells of ssh , bash , sh.

By Sachin G M

Jul 04, 2020

Good Project It gives you an overview of what the Command-line Interface is ...

though it is good for beginner:)

By Nitish K

Oct 05, 2020

Amazing Hands on Practice on Commands. Thanks to the Instructor for making it so simple and easy.

:-Nitish

By Werner H

Jun 09, 2020

Great job, especially liked that I could practice at the same time. I loved the hands-on experience.

By lesandu s

Sep 05, 2020

I recommend you to get this course This is A very good course Thanks give more many courses as this!

By Yash D

Jun 04, 2020

The course is great and please do provide such guided project on advanced level for the same.

By JAZMIN A C C

Jul 06, 2020

Como lo indica una guía para practicar el uso de linux-bash, super facil y sencilla

Jun 09, 2020

Good start to Command Line. Learnt basic commands like copy, move, list, etc. :)

By Ashhar F

Jun 17, 2020

You're amazing! I loved studying with you. Thanks for this Practical.

By Muhammad A

Jun 04, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Mam really has teach us well. Thank you

By Pranav P

Jul 10, 2020

Very good and well explained. The cloud desktop is very easy to use.

By Joaquin M

Aug 16, 2020

It's a very good course, the language is part of the deal for me.

By Ritik C

Sep 28, 2020

For beginier who's have nothing knowledge about command line.

By Juan G C S

May 14, 2020

Es un buen curso para iniciar en el mundo de las terminales