Back to Practical Machine Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Practical Machine Learning by Johns Hopkins University

One of the most common tasks performed by data scientists and data analysts are prediction and machine learning. This course will cover the basic components of building and applying prediction functions with an emphasis on practical applications. The course will provide basic grounding in concepts such as training and tests sets, overfitting, and error rates. The course will also introduce a range of model based and algorithmic machine learning methods including regression, classification trees, Naive Bayes, and random forests. The course will cover the complete process of building prediction functions including data collection, feature creation, algorithms, and evaluation....

MR
Aug 13, 2020

recommended for all the 21st centuary students who might be intrested to play with data in future or some kind of work related to make predictions systemically must have good knowledge of this course

AD
Feb 28, 2017

Issues of every stage of the construction of learning machine model, as well as issues with several different machine learning methods are well and in fine yet very understandable detail explained.

576 - 583 of 583 Reviews for Practical Machine Learning

By Robert O

Apr 6, 2016

Very little depth. I don't recommend this if you don't already have background in statistics or R. I really didn't learn anything. I mostly just gamed the quizzes and projects.

By Etienne B

Mar 1, 2016

Cannot take the exam, I have to pay... wtf... I will probably pay at the end, but I want to take the class first. Without certificate I cannot prove I took the course.

By Eduardo S B

Jan 26, 2020

They explain nothing on the fundamentals of the machine-learning methods, nor how to know which method apply to a given problem.

By Abhilash R N

Dec 4, 2019

This course is NOT for the beginner. Take time to finish all the beginner and foundation courses and then take time to learn R

By Emily S A

In my opiion, this course needs to be improved a lot. There are almost nothing Practical Machine Learning.

By yi s

Jul 19, 2016

too general no depth, not recommended for science or engineering degree holders

By Stephen E

Jun 27, 2016

To be honest I don't think this is worth the money.

By Stephane T

Jan 31, 2016

Too much surface, not enough depth.