Back to Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graphic Design by University of Colorado Boulder

Welcome to Graphic Design, the second course in the Effective Communications Specialization. Over 70 different companies have provided this specialization to their employees as a resource for internal professional development. Why? Because employers know that effective visual communication is the key to attracting an audience, building a relationship, and closing the sale. This practical course gives you the tools to create professional looking Powerpoints, reports, resumes, and presentations.. Using a set of best practices refined through years of experience, you’ll: • make your work look fresh and inspired. • apply simple design “tricks” to begin any project with confidence and professionalism. • receive and respond to criticism and revise your project from good to great. "This course is fantastic. It teaches a great amount of starter graphic design information but it is broken down into easily understood videos and quizzes. The quality was top notch and the interaction was as good as you would get in a brick and mortar school. I did not feel like I was missing anything by taking it online." - a recent Graphic Design student All of the course assignments can be completed with basic presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote. You’ll also have opportunities to explore and apply more sophisticated tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign....

DC

Apr 11, 2020

I loved it its not on photoshop or any application but on the practicality on how to use everything is any design related work or medium\n\ngot to learn on maybe new minute things I used to ignore

RC

May 14, 2020

I think that the discussions would be more useful if students had detailed instructions on how to create the images in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint and then take a screenshot to make a jpeg image.

51 - 75 of 283 Reviews for Graphic Design

By Zahle S K

Jun 21, 2017

Just what I wanted,

1.How to describe a design

2.Design Tricks

3.Working with feedback

I also loved how the course is structured. Each of them draws analogies to their domain.

Thank You for this course.

By Devarpan C

Apr 11, 2020

got to learn on maybe new minute things I used to ignore

By Natalia S

Oct 23, 2016

i will definitely recommend this course not only to those interested in graphic design but also to those who have to make simple power point presentations. you will find the tips very useful!

By Chinyere B O

Jan 16, 2018

There were a lot of design elements thought were irrelevant, now i know better. This course made graphic design limitless. It also show me how to do more and appreciate everything visible

By Micaa Y

Dec 11, 2018

I love this course, make me realize a lot of things to get into knowledge, love the teachers, they explains like the best of them and gave you a lot of advises! Super recommended

By Silvia C R

Aug 13, 2017

Practical, very easy to understand and with very useful tips!

This is a course that I thoroughly enjoyed! Thank you so much; and I will recommend it to professionals and newbies!

By Dhairya B

May 13, 2020

Very intractive course and very intresting learning enviorement. PS: please uninroll the people who are taking course for granted and copying the optional submissinons and test

By Anabela I O

Apr 19, 2018

This course was great it help a lot since I am studying Public Relations and Marketing, I feel more confident when doing a poster, flyer, brochure....Thanks a lot to Dave!!

By Flavia L

Aug 31, 2019

This course is a great thing for whoever is starting out. I knew a little bit about some concepts, but seeing it in examples has given me a new perspective on designs.

By Dorcas J P P

Feb 21, 2020

ME ENCANTO MUCHÍSIMO REALIZAR ESTE CURSO PORQUE APRENDÍ Y CONOCÍ NUEVAS COSAS COMO POR EJEMPLO LA TIPOGRAFÍA, USO DE APLICACIONES DE DISEÑO, EDITAR Y SER MAS CREATIVA

By Terri C

Apr 05, 2017

Excellent course that focuses on design principles rather than the process. And overall, the specialization's team inspire me to move to Boulder - great camaraderie!

By Ms. A G

It was a great experience, learning this course. it helped me brush up my designing skills and helped me rectify some common mistakes one can commit while designing.

By Noor H

Feb 09, 2020

thank you for this course, I had doubts I could transition from my major (architecture) to graphic design.

this is the base I needed to built on and learn more

By Marine F

Nov 04, 2019

Really Really Good course. Dave is amazing ans his course is very structured. I am new to Design and I have learned everything I wanted to learn. Thank you!!

By Dawid B

Apr 14, 2020

Great course! I learned a lot about basics of graphic desing - of which I was not really aware - an can apply this new knowledge immediately for daily work.

By Clara P

Dec 29, 2016

Dave Underwood is an excellent teacher--he is down-to-earth, well-versed in graphic design, and provides real-world examples of the principles he discusses.

By Rahul C

Jan 02, 2017

Great course for beginners in graphic design. My work has already seen significant improvement just by following the practices highlighted in the course!

By Ahmad A H

Sep 07, 2019

My field of study is a director and I have a lot of experience in graphic design but this course has given me new information !.

By Shyam P

Mar 17, 2019

Great course, to the point and focused on the very basic yet important element of graphic design. I use these skills on a day to day communications.

By Adel s a

Jun 18, 2018

Excellent and makes you open to wider ways in design. I hope to put the explanation In the subject on the side of the video when the lecturer speaks

By Shveta S

Jul 31, 2017

One of the best courses I have gone through! The course effectively de-mystifies the process of designing effective presentations and documents.

By Gina R

Sep 14, 2017

Learned some great basic skills and some tricks to help improve my design and the way I approach projects with visual elements. Great course!

By Diane W

Feb 28, 2020

just the right pace for beginners

plenty of practical exercises to apply learning along the way

easy-going and informative presentation style

By James A

Mar 25, 2018

Excellent course! Really enjoyed watching the videos and working on the projects. Will carry the use of Design tricks with me going forward!

By Ahsan R

This it the most helpful course i have found, it's actually better than any others graphics course you have found anywhere. I just love it.