Back to Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graphic Design by University of Colorado Boulder

Welcome to Graphic Design, the second course in the Effective Communications Specialization. Over 70 different companies have provided this specialization to their employees as a resource for internal professional development. Why? Because employers know that effective visual communication is the key to attracting an audience, building a relationship, and closing the sale. This practical course gives you the tools to create professional looking Powerpoints, reports, resumes, and presentations.. Using a set of best practices refined through years of experience, you’ll: • make your work look fresh and inspired. • apply simple design “tricks” to begin any project with confidence and professionalism. • receive and respond to criticism and revise your project from good to great. "This course is fantastic. It teaches a great amount of starter graphic design information but it is broken down into easily understood videos and quizzes. The quality was top notch and the interaction was as good as you would get in a brick and mortar school. I did not feel like I was missing anything by taking it online." - a recent Graphic Design student All of the course assignments can be completed with basic presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote. You’ll also have opportunities to explore and apply more sophisticated tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign....

DC
Apr 10, 2020

I loved it its not on photoshop or any application but on the practicality on how to use everything is any design related work or medium\n\ngot to learn on maybe new minute things I used to ignore

RC
May 13, 2020

I think that the discussions would be more useful if students had detailed instructions on how to create the images in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint and then take a screenshot to make a jpeg image.

126 - 150 of 606 Reviews for Graphic Design

By Adel s a

Jun 17, 2018

Excellent and makes you open to wider ways in design. I hope to put the explanation In the subject on the side of the video when the lecturer speaks

By Donna C

Jan 12, 2021

Great course! I learned so much. I can 'see' better now, everywhere I go my eyes are drawn to designs in buildings, poster, nature, clothes etc.

By Victoria M

Aug 2, 2020

Excellent course! Loved what I can do thanks to this course. I'm Looking forward to the public speaking and writing courses related to this one.

By shveta s

Jul 31, 2017

One of the best courses I have gone through! The course effectively de-mystifies the process of designing effective presentations and documents.

By Ravi D

Jul 6, 2020

I am clearly understanding the various concepts like color, choosing the correct typeface, and even words like kerning, tracking, leading, etc.

By Irene D

Nov 2, 2020

Very informative. Quick lessons but accurate in details. Good materials for learning that we can have our copy as well for future references.

By Hajar A

Oct 9, 2020

the scope of the course was very relevant and easy to understand. It was enjoyable and will surely help me to polish my graphic design skills

By Gina R

Sep 14, 2017

Learned some great basic skills and some tricks to help improve my design and the way I approach projects with visual elements. Great course!

By Suha M

Aug 1, 2020

Provides basic knowledge about Graphic design. Good course to start learning about graphic design for those who are interested in the field.

By Diane W

Feb 28, 2020

just the right pace for beginners

plenty of practical exercises to apply learning along the way

easy-going and informative presentation style

By James A

Mar 25, 2018

Excellent course! Really enjoyed watching the videos and working on the projects. Will carry the use of Design tricks with me going forward!

By Ahsan R

This it the most helpful course i have found, it's actually better than any others graphics course you have found anywhere. I just love it.

By Pranav P

A great course which is great for beginners.

It teaches you the basics and how using them correctly can significantly improve your design.

By Raúl A M

Aug 18, 2017

Excellent and detailed course, experienced and knowledgeable teachers who have learned over many years. Thanks to Coursera and intructores

By Sebastian G

Sep 29, 2020

Facil de entender y con videos explicativos muy buenos. Los ejercicios y feedback de compañeros ayudan tambien a mejorar la experiencia.

By Dennis R

Sep 28, 2020

The names of certain terms were unknown to me, even though I have been using it for many years. I enjoyed the course for its simplicity.

By Karina D S

Mar 31, 2019

Excellent - learned a lot and am very thankful for the clarity and depth of messages that the teachers transmitted. Well done team!

By Mohamed Y M

Dec 27, 2018

BEST COURSE EVER HAD THANKS LECTURERS AND ALSO WHO OTHERS WHO APPEARS THIS COURSE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED I LOVE EASY AND EXPLAINING

By Tosin T

Oct 11, 2016

There were many elements of design I though I was familiar with but this course has helped me understand a lot more about design.

By Kwame A B

Oct 16, 2019

I really enjoyed this course to the maximum and advice anyone to get enrolled in this course if you are a fan of graphic design.

By Hardik R M

May 12, 2020

thank you soo much for this wonderful course

it help to make graphic knowledge more bold

it is very very helpful for my startup

By Thai-Hoa L

Apr 20, 2018

Made me more aware of powerpoint features and design in general. I now have a new perspective of what's being advertised to me.

By aulia h

Jan 24, 2021

I really like this course since I have interest in design also in business.

I wish this course will help me with my future jobs

By DIEGO E N H

Jan 20, 2018

This course is excellent. I learnt the graphic design process in such simple way. Thanks so much David Underwood and Coursera.

By Mila M M

Nov 21, 2020

Prof. Dave is a master in this course and I'm happy that I've learned a lot in graphic designing in a week.

Thanks Prof. Dave!