Back to Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graphic Design by University of Colorado Boulder

Welcome to Graphic Design, the second course in the Effective Communications Specialization. Over 70 different companies have provided this specialization to their employees as a resource for internal professional development. Why? Because employers know that effective visual communication is the key to attracting an audience, building a relationship, and closing the sale. This practical course gives you the tools to create professional looking Powerpoints, reports, resumes, and presentations.. Using a set of best practices refined through years of experience, you’ll: • make your work look fresh and inspired. • apply simple design “tricks” to begin any project with confidence and professionalism. • receive and respond to criticism and revise your project from good to great. "This course is fantastic. It teaches a great amount of starter graphic design information but it is broken down into easily understood videos and quizzes. The quality was top notch and the interaction was as good as you would get in a brick and mortar school. I did not feel like I was missing anything by taking it online." - a recent Graphic Design student All of the course assignments can be completed with basic presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote. You’ll also have opportunities to explore and apply more sophisticated tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign....

DC
Apr 10, 2020

I loved it its not on photoshop or any application but on the practicality on how to use everything is any design related work or medium\n\ngot to learn on maybe new minute things I used to ignore

RC
May 13, 2020

I think that the discussions would be more useful if students had detailed instructions on how to create the images in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint and then take a screenshot to make a jpeg image.

126 - 150 of 579 Reviews for Graphic Design

By Suha M

Aug 1, 2020

Provides basic knowledge about Graphic design. Good course to start learning about graphic design for those who are interested in the field.

By Diane W

Feb 28, 2020

just the right pace for beginners

plenty of practical exercises to apply learning along the way

easy-going and informative presentation style

By James A

Mar 25, 2018

Excellent course! Really enjoyed watching the videos and working on the projects. Will carry the use of Design tricks with me going forward!

By Ahsan R

This it the most helpful course i have found, it's actually better than any others graphics course you have found anywhere. I just love it.

By Pranav P

A great course which is great for beginners.

It teaches you the basics and how using them correctly can significantly improve your design.

By Raúl A M

Aug 18, 2017

Excellent and detailed course, experienced and knowledgeable teachers who have learned over many years. Thanks to Coursera and intructores

By Sebastian G

Sep 29, 2020

Facil de entender y con videos explicativos muy buenos. Los ejercicios y feedback de compañeros ayudan tambien a mejorar la experiencia.

By Dennis R

Sep 28, 2020

The names of certain terms were unknown to me, even though I have been using it for many years. I enjoyed the course for its simplicity.

By Karina D S

Mar 31, 2019

Excellent - learned a lot and am very thankful for the clarity and depth of messages that the teachers transmitted. Well done team!

By Mohamed Y M

Dec 27, 2018

BEST COURSE EVER HAD THANKS LECTURERS AND ALSO WHO OTHERS WHO APPEARS THIS COURSE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED I LOVE EASY AND EXPLAINING

By Tosin T

Oct 11, 2016

There were many elements of design I though I was familiar with but this course has helped me understand a lot more about design.

By Kwame A B

Oct 16, 2019

I really enjoyed this course to the maximum and advice anyone to get enrolled in this course if you are a fan of graphic design.

By Hardik R M

May 12, 2020

thank you soo much for this wonderful course

it help to make graphic knowledge more bold

it is very very helpful for my startup

By Thai-Hoa L

Apr 20, 2018

Made me more aware of powerpoint features and design in general. I now have a new perspective of what's being advertised to me.

By Aulia H

Jan 24, 2021

I really like this course since I have interest in design also in business.

I wish this course will help me with my future jobs

By DIEGO E N H

Jan 20, 2018

This course is excellent. I learnt the graphic design process in such simple way. Thanks so much David Underwood and Coursera.

By Mila M M

Nov 21, 2020

Prof. Dave is a master in this course and I'm happy that I've learned a lot in graphic designing in a week.

Thanks Prof. Dave!

By Nadine N C M

Oct 15, 2020

It's excelent, you can learn the basis of Graphic Design. I recommend this course and the entire specialization the most ♥️

By Jasin A A E

Sep 1, 2020

Highly recommended this course , l was learn lot of things though this course, thank u so much teachers and coursera team.

By Cynthia D

Jul 26, 2020

Really love how the instructors explain the materials so it is easy to understand and how they make me want to design more.

By PRANAV K

Apr 3, 2020

Thank u so much for clearing my basics and helping me to implement it my work to make it look amazing.and better than ever.

By Mushtakhusen S M

Jul 13, 2017

It was very useful and informative course. I found it very unique. I really enjoyed doing this course. Thank you very much.

By MEGHA P

May 9, 2020

learning this course was so amazing..during the course i improved the creativity .design skills ...and do's and dont's ...

By Dario S

Jan 27, 2019

great videos, great knowledge. It helped me so much of understanding design better and also helped my creative side a lot.

By Franchesca J

Jan 19, 2021

This course contains very useful information which can especially be valuable to teachers designing their own materials.