Back to Successful Presentation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Successful Presentation by University of Colorado Boulder

Few kinds of communication can have the effect of a powerful presentation. Even a short speech can motivate people to change long-held beliefs or to take action, and a wonderfully delivered speech can transform a normal person into a leader. In this course, Prof. William Kuskin provides a series of pragmatic videos and exercises for successful public speaking and presentations. The course develops through four themes—mastering fear, developing a creative formula, using verbal and body language, and anticipating the room—so that you can discover your personal power as a speaker and give excellent presentations. Successful presentations do not rely on perfect teeth, a deep voice, or an army of scriptwriters. They depend largely on the same skills as successful Business Writing and Graphic Design: clarity, structure, and revision. The goal of the course, therefore, is to enable you to discover your own internal power as a speaker and express it to the world. After this course, with some practice, you will be able to go into any situation and command the room for as long as you like. This course can be taken for academic credit as part of CU Boulder’s Master of Science in Data Science (MS-DS) degree offered on the Coursera platform. The MS-DS is an interdisciplinary degree that brings together faculty from CU Boulder’s departments of Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Science, and others. With performance-based admissions and no application process, the MS-DS is ideal for individuals with a broad range of undergraduate education and/or professional experience in computer science, information science, mathematics, and statistics. Learn more about the MS-DS program at https://www.coursera.org/degrees/master-of-science-data-science-boulder....

HB
Aug 1, 2020

It was amazing! Professor Kuskin has so much passion and is so good at delivering his message, that I couldn't stop listening to him. (and he also speaks very slow, so x 1.75 seems like a good speed.)

RP
Jun 25, 2020

Really this course is one of my favorite courses ever the way of professor Cuskin's presentation really mindblowing. It's a highly recommended course for all students or anyone with any background.

51 - 75 of 587 Reviews for Successful Presentation

By Tohoni S

May 15, 2020

This course is extremely practical. Highly recommend - the course provides a diverse range of topics, all of which equip the learner with a great toolkit.

By Scandy M V G

May 1, 2021

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to learn, such an honor to be a part of coursera learnings with your great proferrors from Colorado University

By Mohammad H S

Feb 18, 2020

Amazing course, it's improved my skills of training and teaching. Thank you Colorado University, and thank you Dr. Quentin, Dr. William and Dr. David.

By Si

Oct 27, 2020

I enjoyed this class. There are valuable tools provided that help manage the fear of public speaking, and present a succinct and passionate speech.

By CHANTE C C

Nov 2, 2020

This course is really motivating. It makes you innovative in the presentation and delivery of the subject matter that you wanted to convey.

By shveta s

Sep 4, 2017

This is one of best coursera programs I have gone through. Really helped me learnt nuances of giving an effective presentation. Thank you!

By Ha N T C

Aug 2, 2021

H​e gave a very nice presentation. He inspired students with great experience and deep knowledge. Thanks for letting me join the course.

By Matthijs K

Jan 9, 2020

A course full of gems about how to give presentations both theoretical and practical. The only thing left is practise what is tought.

By Dario S

Apr 15, 2019

Very good mix of easy-to-take theory and enlighting practice. It helped me win my fears and gain confidence when presenting publicly.

By Satya R C

May 8, 2021

The way the teaching was done anyone can make a grip on the public speaking and can also speak out on the point and to the point.

By Vrushali S

Nov 3, 2020

Coursera course for successful presentation is very useful and effective module to improve and explore myself in a broader sense.

By Prachi P P

May 14, 2021

It's very helpful to improve our skills, personality and also our knowledge, thank u so much Capgemini for this coursera course.

By Матилайнен И И

Dec 28, 2021

P​rofessor Kuskin is amazing! This is the first online course in my life, that i have watched with incredible interest. Thanks!

By Hermi S

Oct 22, 2020

This course encourages me to turn fear into energy to boost myself in doing presentation successfully. Thank you very much.

By Roshini B

Dec 6, 2020

It was really useful. Thanks to the professor who made it easy for me and others. Hope it helps in my future presentations

By Eke U P

Sep 1, 2020

this course was both interesting and insightful, I really enjoyed it, the lecturers put a lot of passion into the course.

By Udomluk R

Nov 14, 2021

This course really saved my life at the right time. I feel more confident to present my work in public. Thank you...^^

By Satya S P P

Apr 26, 2021

this course is carrying lots of positive vibes and does help an individual to boost up the confidence in his delivery.

By Ricardo M B

Jun 11, 2019

Great insights I've got after finished this course. Certanlly it will help me to make difference in my next audiences.

By saikiran s

Apr 14, 2020

I really enjoyed each and every lesson on the course which helped to give an effective and an enjoyable presentation.

By Mahendra M

Apr 25, 2021

This course is very much useful for my carrier growth and I have gained a good knowledge on successful presentation

By Akhilesh E

Mar 14, 2021

It has covered most of the point to give a successful presentation. I gained a lot of confidence during the course

By Kasuntha M

Nov 11, 2020

Great course to get the overall idea about making good presentations and pitching them. Thank you for the support.

By Sudhanshu A

Nov 24, 2020

Had a great learning experience , course is great. I got know well about factors behind successful presentation.

By pekham

Sep 23, 2020

The syllabus is well designed and each part of the course is quite relevant! I would give 10 stars if possible!