Back to Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p? by University of London

We live in an uncertain and complex world, yet we continually have to make decisions in the present with uncertain future outcomes. Indeed, we should be on the look-out for "black swans" - low-probability high-impact events. To study, or not to study? To invest, or not to invest? To marry, or not to marry? While uncertainty makes decision-making difficult, it does at least make life exciting! If the entire future was known in advance, there would never be an element of surprise. Whether a good future or a bad future, it would be a known future. In this course we consider many useful tools to deal with uncertainty and help us to make informed (and hence better) decisions - essential skills for a lifetime of good decision-making. Key topics include quantifying uncertainty with probability, descriptive statistics, point and interval estimation of means and proportions, the basics of hypothesis testing, and a selection of multivariate applications of key terms and concepts seen throughout the course....

TS

May 01, 2020

I would like to thank Dr. James Abdey for his wonderful explanation of probability and statistics in a short time. I definitely learnt many things which I can make use in my further courses. Thank you

AS

Nov 28, 2018

Hi,\n\nThe course taught about the basics and that's exactly what I was looking for. I learnt a lot, and so many things which I hear and read, became clearer and more meaningful. Thanks you!

51 - 75 of 217 Reviews for Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p?

By Ashhar S

Very informative. Most importantly, Dr.Abdey's teaching methodology is remarkable. The examples and practical implementations he gave were very helpful.

By 张庐千雪

May 06, 2020

So great for beginners who want to have an overview of Probability and Statistics, some basic knowledge is introduced and examples touch our real life.

By Nandivada P E

May 01, 2020

wonderful course,really gave a nice look on the shadow of probability,hypothesis and really a wonderful experience.we will be missing you Dr.Abde sir

By Isheunoziva

May 23, 2020

Great for getting started into the world of statistics and probability. A way of learning about decision tree analysis, risk and linear regression.

By Gabriel B V

Apr 07, 2020

Great course! It helped me refresh statistical concepts and topics learned a while back. Dr. Abdey's videos are quite engaging! Congratulations!

By David S

May 08, 2020

Very good and helpful starting point for the materia of statistics. And with exactly the right amount of humour, thank you very much James!

By Sudharshan C

A great introductory course, very well made and explained.

A bit more animation to bolster the wonderful explanation would go a long way!

By Pratik K

May 14, 2020

Best course to begin your journey in world of analytics, data science and machine learning. Must to course for every engineering graduate

By Legriv V I M

May 06, 2020

An excellent and effective method of instruction! This is a course everyone should take before taking a college-level statistics course.

By Stanislav B

Apr 01, 2020

Good course for complete beginner with no math background. Sometimes I had a feeling that same thing can be explained much much shorter.

By Juliana S d D

Oct 10, 2019

Curso introdutório muito bom para quem não sabe nada e precisa ter uma noção básica antes de começar a se aprofundar em mais conteúdos.

By Shatarupa S

Apr 13, 2020

Thank you Dr. James for teaching me so well. I loved the course and enjoyed it thoroughly as well. Many of my concepts became clearer.

By Avinash

Apr 22, 2020

Great course to quickly give enough background to understand sample based estimations, confidence intervals and hypothesis testing

By Gerald S

Its really a good course that gives a good introduction to statistics in a way that inspires confidence and success in the course

By José D C

Apr 29, 2020

Great variaty of topics ranging from the simplest to more complicated ones. Also the instructor is great and really charismatic.

By Aditya M

Feb 03, 2020

A great course to learn statistics from the ground level up. However, doing more number of exercises will help you learn better.

By Ashen H

Apr 27, 2020

Really Enjoyed the way Dr. James explained concept in a more simpler way which is clear and easily understandable

By Krishnaraj M

May 04, 2020

Very good learning experience. The quantitative analysis helped me to understand the how to solve the problem.

By Sophia B R

May 01, 2020

The professor was fantastic in making the course educational and interesting. I enjoyed this course very much!

By Pallavi R

Apr 06, 2020

I am very much thankful to my mentor for giving me great depths of knowledge about statistics and probability.

By Maria T C

May 14, 2020

The course gave an extensive overview of Statistics and Probability. I am inspired to learn more. Thank you!

By Arvind R S

Apr 26, 2020

Concept of probability and statistics and hypothesis testing , confidence interval, Monte Carlo simulation.

By Vimukthi M

A good recall on basics!

Really inspired by the energy of Dr. Abdey.

Thanks Dr. Thanks UoL. Thanks Coursera.

By Nitiruk L

I love this course. Dr.James gave me an intuition of Statistics concept. Thank you for a very good course.

By Ganesh D

Apr 21, 2020

Well explained by the professor. I recommend to every finance and economics student to take this course.