Back to Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p? by University of London

We live in an uncertain and complex world, yet we continually have to make decisions in the present with uncertain future outcomes. Indeed, we should be on the look-out for "black swans" - low-probability high-impact events. To study, or not to study? To invest, or not to invest? To marry, or not to marry? While uncertainty makes decision-making difficult, it does at least make life exciting! If the entire future was known in advance, there would never be an element of surprise. Whether a good future or a bad future, it would be a known future. In this course we consider many useful tools to deal with uncertainty and help us to make informed (and hence better) decisions - essential skills for a lifetime of good decision-making. Key topics include quantifying uncertainty with probability, descriptive statistics, point and interval estimation of means and proportions, the basics of hypothesis testing, and a selection of multivariate applications of key terms and concepts seen throughout the course....

AS

Nov 28, 2018

Hi,\n\nThe course taught about the basics and that's exactly what I was looking for. I learnt a lot, and so many things which I hear and read, became clearer and more meaningful. Thanks you!

HY

Feb 10, 2020

Brilliantly organised materials striking a nice balance between theory and application! All the best Dr. Abdey! Looking forward to seeing a novel distribution under your surname!

26 - 50 of 68 Reviews for Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p?

By Himanshu S J

Mar 28, 2020

I never thought that Probability and Statistics is so realistic in our day to day life and so simple to learn. Thank you so much Dr James for all you effort to make this course.

By Sarahkate C

Dec 15, 2019

It has been an enlightening course and has taught me that in order to make appropriate decisions in life, which is full of uncertainties, probability comes in handy.

By Gustavo T C

Apr 04, 2020

Very good for beginners. I was looking for something to help me in basic concepts of statistics since my background is in design and this course was perfect for it.

By Stanislav B

Apr 01, 2020

Good course for complete beginner with no math background. Sometimes I had a feeling that same thing can be explained much much shorter.

By Juliana S d D

Oct 10, 2019

Curso introdutório muito bom para quem não sabe nada e precisa ter uma noção básica antes de começar a se aprofundar em mais conteúdos.

By Aditya M

Feb 03, 2020

A great course to learn statistics from the ground level up. However, doing more number of exercises will help you learn better.

By Yves G

f

d

By Manu G

Sep 27, 2019

Great course to revise basic statistics concept or if you are new to the area of statistics

By Teddy D

Dec 27, 2019

A great inspiring course for starters. Thanks Dr James Abdey so much for excellent work.

By yue

Dec 05, 2018

Very good introduction and overview, gives clear picture of probability and statistics.

By Spyros K

Nov 17, 2019

Great gentle introduction/revision of basic probability and statistics concepts.

By MALIK I A

Sep 07, 2019

This course was very knowledgeable and given a review of my previous study.

By Chia K X

Mar 19, 2019

Lecturer is patient and always tries to explain difficult concepts clearly.

By ANURAG R

Dec 06, 2019

Awesome course to get the heart of fundamental of the statistic world.

By Fabrizio Z

Feb 26, 2020

A very good course with a excellent Professor.

I've really enjoyed it!

By Ravikumar S

Nov 02, 2018

it was a nice learning experience, with a very step-by-step approach

By Oswaldo E

Feb 13, 2020

Really great! Excellent to start or remember statistics' basics!

By Chandra M T

Mar 23, 2020

This is an excellent course . I thoroughly enjoyed it.

By Geeti P M

Jul 19, 2019

It was a great experience learning from Sir Abdey!

By Madhav C

Sep 07, 2019

wonderful course and the tutor!!

By José L

Jun 06, 2019

Easy to follow to your own time

By DM