Back to Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p? by University of London

We live in an uncertain and complex world, yet we continually have to make decisions in the present with uncertain future outcomes. Indeed, we should be on the look-out for "black swans" - low-probability high-impact events. To study, or not to study? To invest, or not to invest? To marry, or not to marry? While uncertainty makes decision-making difficult, it does at least make life exciting! If the entire future was known in advance, there would never be an element of surprise. Whether a good future or a bad future, it would be a known future. In this course we consider many useful tools to deal with uncertainty and help us to make informed (and hence better) decisions - essential skills for a lifetime of good decision-making. Key topics include quantifying uncertainty with probability, descriptive statistics, point and interval estimation of means and proportions, the basics of hypothesis testing, and a selection of multivariate applications of key terms and concepts seen throughout the course....

TS
Apr 30, 2020

I would like to thank Dr. James Abdey for his wonderful explanation of probability and statistics in a short time. I definitely learnt many things which I can make use in my further courses. Thank you

SR
Jun 23, 2020

Excellent introductory course for probability and Statistics, Dr. Abdey made the course very lively with his approach of teaching. Hope to see many more online courses from you in the future.

101 - 125 of 351 Reviews for Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p?

By Sudharshan C

A great introductory course, very well made and explained.

A bit more animation to bolster the wonderful explanation would go a long way!

By Pratik K

May 14, 2020

Best course to begin your journey in world of analytics, data science and machine learning. Must to course for every engineering graduate

By Legriv V I M

May 6, 2020

An excellent and effective method of instruction! This is a course everyone should take before taking a college-level statistics course.

By Stanislav B

Apr 1, 2020

Good course for complete beginner with no math background. Sometimes I had a feeling that same thing can be explained much much shorter.

By MAHESWARI.M

It's very eager to find out the answers and it is very interesting course and also good with spend useful time for our quarantine days.

By Juliana S d D

Oct 10, 2019

Curso introdutório muito bom para quem não sabe nada e precisa ter uma noção básica antes de começar a se aprofundar em mais conteúdos.

By Shatarupa S

Apr 13, 2020

Thank you Dr. James for teaching me so well. I loved the course and enjoyed it thoroughly as well. Many of my concepts became clearer.

By Melisa M S

Sep 22, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. The concepts are clearly explained and the exercises are very useful to fully understand the lessons.

By Avinash

Apr 22, 2020

Great course to quickly give enough background to understand sample based estimations, confidence intervals and hypothesis testing

By Gerald S

Its really a good course that gives a good introduction to statistics in a way that inspires confidence and success in the course

By José D C

Apr 29, 2020

Great variaty of topics ranging from the simplest to more complicated ones. Also the instructor is great and really charismatic.

By Aditya M

Feb 3, 2020

A great course to learn statistics from the ground level up. However, doing more number of exercises will help you learn better.

By Aline L

Jun 29, 2020

This is a very interesting and useful course, the course design is good and easy to follow. The content is clear and precise.

By Deepa D A

Jun 8, 2020

it was one of the best course i have ever joined.vast explanation was given based on each and every topic.it was really good.

By Minhas K

Jul 23, 2020

Loved this course! I now have a better understanding and a better approach to statistical inference and probability.

By Ismael B

This is the best course ever. The professor is awesome, he explain the concepts so easily, I really loved this MOOC.

By A S

Jun 7, 2020

Brilliant course! Truly informative and I learned a lot with respect to data analysis and hypothesis testing.

100/10

By Ashen H

Apr 26, 2020

Really Enjoyed the way Dr. James explained concept in a more simpler way which is clear and easily understandable

By Krishnaraj M

May 4, 2020

Very good learning experience. The quantitative analysis helped me to understand the how to solve the problem.

By William B B

Jun 2, 2020

I enjoyed Dr. Abney's enthusiasm and I am inspired to learn more about Probablilty and Statistics!

Thank you.

By Sophia B R

May 1, 2020

The professor was fantastic in making the course educational and interesting. I enjoyed this course very much!

By Pallavi R

Apr 5, 2020

I am very much thankful to my mentor for giving me great depths of knowledge about statistics and probability.

By Andy G

Jun 9, 2020

The course succeeds at what it aimed to do. Be a friendly introductory course to probability and statistics.

By Maria T C

May 14, 2020

The course gave an extensive overview of Statistics and Probability. I am inspired to learn more. Thank you!

By Oscar F

Sep 23, 2020

Me encantó. Perfecto para recordar los conceptos de probabilidad y estadística de manera rápida y efectiva.