Back to Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p? by University of London

We live in an uncertain and complex world, yet we continually have to make decisions in the present with uncertain future outcomes. Indeed, we should be on the look-out for "black swans" - low-probability high-impact events. To study, or not to study? To invest, or not to invest? To marry, or not to marry? While uncertainty makes decision-making difficult, it does at least make life exciting! If the entire future was known in advance, there would never be an element of surprise. Whether a good future or a bad future, it would be a known future. In this course we consider many useful tools to deal with uncertainty and help us to make informed (and hence better) decisions - essential skills for a lifetime of good decision-making. Key topics include quantifying uncertainty with probability, descriptive statistics, point and interval estimation of means and proportions, the basics of hypothesis testing, and a selection of multivariate applications of key terms and concepts seen throughout the course....

TS
Apr 30, 2020

I would like to thank Dr. James Abdey for his wonderful explanation of probability and statistics in a short time. I definitely learnt many things which I can make use in my further courses. Thank you

SR
Jun 23, 2020

Excellent introductory course for probability and Statistics, Dr. Abdey made the course very lively with his approach of teaching. Hope to see many more online courses from you in the future.

151 - 175 of 353 Reviews for Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p?

By yue

Dec 5, 2018

Very good introduction and overview, gives clear picture of probability and statistics.

By Ashutosh M

Jun 13, 2020

The content of this course is better, I am impressed with the presenter of the course.

By Noariba O

Jun 7, 2020

Good explanation of the materials taught. I like the fact I could do it at my own pace

By Dr. S N

May 22, 2020

Eexcellent teacher and explained every concept with examples. Appreciated the efforts

By Rajat S

Apr 30, 2020

It was very good experience for me to see such basics being dealt with great examples

By Souvik A

May 9, 2020

A great instructor. Teaches in a very clean and understandable way. A big thumbs up.

By Ehsan s

Apr 26, 2020

It was great conseptual course with great way of explaining as simple as possible

By Spyros K

Nov 17, 2019

Great gentle introduction/revision of basic probability and statistics concepts.

By Douglas W

Jun 18, 2020

A fantastic primer course on the probability with a very enjoyable instructor!

By Akash C

Really good course for the brief understanding of Probability and Statistics

By Gustavo J

Aug 16, 2020

It is an excellent course as an introduction to probability and statistics.

By Ardhy Y N S

May 16, 2020

I love the way of you explain the subject with our real world case of study

By MALIK I A

Sep 7, 2019

This course was very knowledgeable and given a review of my previous study.

By Chia K X

Mar 19, 2019

Lecturer is patient and always tries to explain difficult concepts clearly.

By Terri S

Apr 24, 2020

Excellent intro to probability and statistics. Lots of real applications.

By Israel O

Jun 20, 2020

This short course taught me the basics of doing inferential statistics.

By Ricardo D N D

At the same time the topics like my probability class in my university.

By ANURAG R

Dec 6, 2019

Awesome course to get the heart of fundamental of the statistic world.

By Max J C y C

Aug 24, 2020

An incredible introduction of the world of Statistics and Probability

By Mohd A B J

a very good introduction to the subject of probability and statistics

By Fabrizio Z

Feb 26, 2020

A very good course with a excellent Professor.

I've really enjoyed it!

By Duryodhan V P

Jul 6, 2020

Its really a good course of Probability and statistics for beginner.

By Ravikumar S

Nov 2, 2018

it was a nice learning experience, with a very step-by-step approach

By Mahwash S

Apr 18, 2020

amazing course. the instructor Mr. Abdey has great teaching skills.