Back to Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making by University of California, Irvine

4.4

Critical thinking – the application of scientific methods and logical reasoning to problems and decisions – is the foundation of effective problem solving and decision making. Critical thinking enables us to avoid common obstacles, test our beliefs and assumptions, and correct distortions in our thought processes. Gain confidence in assessing problems accurately, evaluating alternative solutions, and anticipating likely risks. Learn how to use analysis, synthesis, and positive inquiry to address individual and organizational problems and develop the critical thinking skills needed in today’s turbulent times. Using case studies and situations encountered by class members, explore successful models and proven methods that are readily transferable on-the-job. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Choose and apply appropriate problem solving and decision making processes and methods 2. Identify common obstacles to effective problem solving and decision making 3. Recognize the human variable in problem solving and decision making 4. Assess major conceptual blocks and significant situational challenges 5. Apply concepts to enhancing personal development and organizational performance 6. Explain the key elements of problem solving and decision making and the barriers associated with them...

KG

Sep 06, 2020

A very informative and easy course. I loved studying it, the professor was very well versed and delivered the lectures in a way so that students find it easy to understand the text and context.

NJ

Jun 25, 2020

The Training course was very attractive and valuable for implementation of the knowledge gain for solving of different problem faced in official works as well as personal responsibilities.

76 - 100 of 624 Reviews for Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making

By Syed A V K

Jun 11, 2020

It was a good course indeed. The instructor explanation was very specific. I suggest this course for the beginners

By Rick C d S F

Dec 21, 2018

Very Good Course. It shows with very good examples that helps you fix the content to apply daily in your work.

By Kamrul A

Jul 04, 2020

Very effective course for anyone and I am now confident to solve my problem and take more effective decision.

By ZUJAJA W

Aug 30, 2020

I found it very informative. the course is designed very well and it has imparted the skill set I required.

By Francis A

Jul 03, 2020

The lecture was very interesting and straight-forward. Its also educative and good for today's work skills.

By Sebastien

Aug 24, 2015

Very easy to understand but it's very useful to help me analyse many problems. Helpful to my other courses.

By Severo F

May 08, 2020

Great Course! It is important to know all the aspects about change our perpective about solving problems.

By Iulia

Sep 21, 2019

informative , easy to understand, example based, easy accent, just all 5 stars, the lecturer is the best!

By Srinivas S

Dec 11, 2016

Very Nice Course and I will start implementing the same in my organizational and also at my daily routine

By Valarie s

Jan 20, 2018

Excellent content, the teacher is articulate, the material is comprehensive. Great coverage of subject.

By Eddah K

Jun 20, 2016

I have gained knowledge and skills in project management through this course. Thank you and keep it up.

By Sharifah R

Jun 30, 2020

Simple and interesting course to apply effective problem-solving and decision making at the workplace.

By shameer c

Apr 08, 2020

One of the Best Course I have attended .Really injects me good decision making styles that can used in

By Sachin D S

Jun 23, 2020

It was a good course to learn about decision making and effective problem solution within a company

By Mary D

Aug 23, 2015

Wonderful!!! I'm learning a lot. It does a very good job at explaining problem solving and decision

By Bomanaziba J

Feb 11, 2020

It is a great course. I learnt new things that I can apply in my everyday life. Highly revommended

By Paul D B

Dec 31, 2015

This course touches on LOTS of topics and provides a basic understanding of many useful concepts.

By KR

Jul 23, 2016

A good refresher for rather common sense subject matter. I enjoyed the teacher's relaxed style.

By Tayo O

Dec 01, 2016

I really appreciate you for this course. the course will help me to be a better and good leader

By Tony I K

Sep 21, 2016

Very informative and practical approaches, I have learnt a number of things on decision making

By Ndungi A A

Aug 14, 2015

practical course with a scientific view. I recommend it to those who want to work with people.

By Aamir C

Aug 09, 2020

Amazing course helped in building confidence and problem solving and decision making skills.

By John M

Jun 25, 2018

Great content which provided foundation knowledge I found not to be common sense. Thank you!

By Ankit k

Aug 25, 2020

I like the way the trainer teach you with the relevant examples. I really enjoys the corse

By Yury Y

Mar 08, 2019

Useful training with good methods for everyday and business decision making and analysis.