Back to Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making by University of California, Irvine

Critical thinking – the application of scientific methods and logical reasoning to problems and decisions – is the foundation of effective problem solving and decision making. Critical thinking enables us to avoid common obstacles, test our beliefs and assumptions, and correct distortions in our thought processes. Gain confidence in assessing problems accurately, evaluating alternative solutions, and anticipating likely risks. Learn how to use analysis, synthesis, and positive inquiry to address individual and organizational problems and develop the critical thinking skills needed in today’s turbulent times. Using case studies and situations encountered by class members, explore successful models and proven methods that are readily transferable on-the-job. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Choose and apply appropriate problem solving and decision making processes and methods 2. Identify common obstacles to effective problem solving and decision making 3. Recognize the human variable in problem solving and decision making 4. Assess major conceptual blocks and significant situational challenges 5. Apply concepts to enhancing personal development and organizational performance 6. Explain the key elements of problem solving and decision making and the barriers associated with them...

KG
Sep 5, 2020

A very informative and easy course. I loved studying it, the professor was very well versed and delivered the lectures in a way so that students find it easy to understand the text and context.

NJ
Jun 24, 2020

The Training course was very attractive and valuable for implementation of the knowledge gain for solving of different problem faced in official works as well as personal responsibilities.

76 - 100 of 714 Reviews for Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making

By Natalia S

Aug 8, 2015

This course is amazing. It provides you with all the right tools and techniques to help you make informed decisions. I loved it.

By Alexandra J

Oct 11, 2015

I really got a lot out of this course and it will definitely change the way I tackle challenges in the workplace! Thank you!

By NDAGIJIMANA E

Oct 22, 2020

The material covered in this course is relevant across all industries and delivery of the lectures and quizzes was great.

By sunil

Jan 13, 2017

This course is more value to our day to day life..we have more problemss so it is useful to solving the major problemsss

By Jagdish P

Aug 19, 2015

An effective way of delivering problem solving techniques & tools. Liked the pace of the course which suited my schedule.

By Alberto A E V

Mar 6, 2016

Ampliamante recomendable. Debes de tomarlo ya que no solo es útil para el trabajo sino que te ayuda en tu vida personal.

By Louie D

Apr 7, 2020

Very educational course. This is very useful because I can apply it in my work since I'm deciding on things every day.

By Syed A V K

Jun 11, 2020

It was a good course indeed. The instructor explanation was very specific. I suggest this course for the beginners

By Rick C d S F

Dec 20, 2018

Very Good Course. It shows with very good examples that helps you fix the content to apply daily in your work.

By Michael V B C

Oct 6, 2020

This course made me become a critical thinker and made me realize how to be a better decision-maker. Keep up!

By Kamrul A

Jul 4, 2020

Very effective course for anyone and I am now confident to solve my problem and take more effective decision.

By ZUJAJA W

Aug 30, 2020

I found it very informative. the course is designed very well and it has imparted the skill set I required.

By Francis A

Jul 3, 2020

The lecture was very interesting and straight-forward. Its also educative and good for today's work skills.

By Sebastien

Aug 23, 2015

Very easy to understand but it's very useful to help me analyse many problems. Helpful to my other courses.

By ven t

Oct 3, 2020

This is one of coolest courses that I've ever completed. It's feasible and informative with accuracy dada.

By Severo F

May 8, 2020

Great Course! It is important to know all the aspects about change our perpective about solving problems.

By Iulia

Sep 21, 2019

informative , easy to understand, example based, easy accent, just all 5 stars, the lecturer is the best!

By Srinivas S

Dec 11, 2016

Very Nice Course and I will start implementing the same in my organizational and also at my daily routine

By Ashok k

Nov 16, 2020

Excellent course setup and mind blowing explanation of effective project execution and decision making.

By Melissa M

Nov 1, 2020

Course really interessing and clearly structured to be able to identify the method required. Thank you!

By Valarie s

Jan 20, 2018

Excellent content, the teacher is articulate, the material is comprehensive. Great coverage of subject.

By Eddah K

Jun 20, 2016

I have gained knowledge and skills in project management through this course. Thank you and keep it up.

By Sharifah R

Jun 30, 2020

Simple and interesting course to apply effective problem-solving and decision making at the workplace.

By shameer c

Apr 8, 2020

One of the Best Course I have attended .Really injects me good decision making styles that can used in

By Diego A S J

Oct 27, 2020

Rob Stone is easily the best professor of this specialization. This course surpassed my expectations.