Back to Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making by University of California, Irvine

Critical thinking – the application of scientific methods and logical reasoning to problems and decisions – is the foundation of effective problem solving and decision making. Critical thinking enables us to avoid common obstacles, test our beliefs and assumptions, and correct distortions in our thought processes. Gain confidence in assessing problems accurately, evaluating alternative solutions, and anticipating likely risks. Learn how to use analysis, synthesis, and positive inquiry to address individual and organizational problems and develop the critical thinking skills needed in today’s turbulent times. Using case studies and situations encountered by class members, explore successful models and proven methods that are readily transferable on-the-job. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Choose and apply appropriate problem solving and decision making processes and methods 2. Identify common obstacles to effective problem solving and decision making 3. Recognize the human variable in problem solving and decision making 4. Assess major conceptual blocks and significant situational challenges 5. Apply concepts to enhancing personal development and organizational performance 6. Explain the key elements of problem solving and decision making and the barriers associated with them...

KG
Sep 5, 2020

A very informative and easy course. I loved studying it, the professor was very well versed and delivered the lectures in a way so that students find it easy to understand the text and context.

S
Feb 5, 2021

A concise and informative course. The course consolidates my fundamental knowledge about the different components and concepts of problem-solving and decision-making. I really learned a lot.

76 - 100 of 813 Reviews for Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making

By Nadia U

Nov 29, 2020

This course has been very helpful in evolving, critical thinking, problem identification and effective decision making strategies, in me

By Fariza A S

Apr 15, 2020

It is a good and a light course, lots of new insights on how to structure decisions. Both Instructor and material are easy to comprehend.

By Jacob A

Dec 17, 2015

This course is easy to follow and the time required to complete the lectures and tests is very minimal. Great Course so far (Week Three).

By Anuj R

Jul 9, 2020

Amazing course. Loved the content . Kudos to sir and the University of Irvine for creating such an invaluable course to build our skills

By Roberto R

Apr 20, 2019

really help me to improve make decision making wit the best methods and tools that it takes to understand how to evaluate any situation.

By Edu

Oct 20, 2015

Concepts very well explained. And the best of the course is how Rob Stone has made those those explanations, he is a great communicator.

By Berenice O

Sep 19, 2015

I loved this course, it's just what I needed and I learnt so much. Thank you to everyone involved in making this course available to us.

By Mohammed Z O R ( O - T O R

Aug 17, 2020

By pursuing the course helped me to get more clarity on Problem - Solving and Decision - Making. Further this learning experience will

By K R K

Jun 18, 2020

Excellent course. A lot of things were relevant. Certainly useful for executives. Very comfortabely paced programme and great faculty.

By Yeasir m s

Jun 24, 2020

It's an excellent course with an outstanding instruction .Would recommend everyone who is interested on the topic of problem solving.

By Clare T

Jul 10, 2020

A little bit tricky, but very informative. I would love to have more examples relating to the majority, minority, consensus topics.

By Natalia S

Aug 8, 2015

This course is amazing. It provides you with all the right tools and techniques to help you make informed decisions. I loved it.

By Alexandra J

Oct 11, 2015

I really got a lot out of this course and it will definitely change the way I tackle challenges in the workplace! Thank you!

By NDAGIJIMANA E

Oct 22, 2020

The material covered in this course is relevant across all industries and delivery of the lectures and quizzes was great.

By sunil

Jan 13, 2017

This course is more value to our day to day life..we have more problemss so it is useful to solving the major problemsss

By Jagdish P

Aug 19, 2015

An effective way of delivering problem solving techniques & tools. Liked the pace of the course which suited my schedule.

By Alberto A E V

Mar 6, 2016

Ampliamante recomendable. Debes de tomarlo ya que no solo es útil para el trabajo sino que te ayuda en tu vida personal.

By Louie D

Apr 7, 2020

Very educational course. This is very useful because I can apply it in my work since I'm deciding on things every day.

By Syed A V K

Jun 11, 2020

It was a good course indeed. The instructor explanation was very specific. I suggest this course for the beginners

By Patricia R

Feb 9, 2021

The Effective Problem Solving and Decision -Making is a good course, i learnt so much and would recommend others.

By Nirav N

May 17, 2021

This course ensures me to keep my focus on path and cleared all dominos of decision making real world problems.

By Rick C d S F

Dec 20, 2018

Very Good Course. It shows with very good examples that helps you fix the content to apply daily in your work.

By Michael V B C

Oct 6, 2020

This course made me become a critical thinker and made me realize how to be a better decision-maker. Keep up!

By Kamrul A

Jul 4, 2020

Very effective course for anyone and I am now confident to solve my problem and take more effective decision.

By ZUJAJA W

Aug 30, 2020

I found it very informative. the course is designed very well and it has imparted the skill set I required.