Back to The Art of Music Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Art of Music Production by Berklee College of Music

Explore the art of record production and how to make recordings that other people will love listening to. This course will teach you how to make emotionally moving recordings on almost any recording equipment, including your phone or laptop. The emphasis is on mastering tangible artistic concepts; the gear you use is up to you. You will learn to develop the most important tool in the recording studio: your ears. You will learn to enhance every aspect of your own productions, both sonically and musically, by employing deeper listening skills. Assignments will include posting your own recordings for peer review, and reviewing your classmates’ work by employing specific tools and strategies. If you use a digital audio workstation to record and mix, that’s great, but as long as you can record into your computer and post an MP3, you can complete the assignments. As you learn about the art of record production in this 4-week course, you will also learn about yourself and who you are as an artist and producer. It is not necessary that you read music or play an instrument to take this course....

RM
Jul 28, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I learned how to create my very first music song all on my own using an interface. I am independent and ready to make lots more music in my home on my own time by myself.

LR
Sep 25, 2016

Exceptional and essential guide for music producers. This course really makes you think of music production from a holistic perspective. I'll never listen to music the same superficial way anymore...

51 - 75 of 458 Reviews for The Art of Music Production

By Jakob M

Dec 11, 2017

Absolutely fantastic course! Gives a lot of insight into how it is to be a musician and/or producer while helping you define yourself, your style and develop new techniques that can be used when recording, creating and playing music. Recommended for anyone who has an interest in music!

By Matt S

Aug 11, 2016

A fantastic and thought provoking set of resources and a really interesting course that has made me consider my place as an artist and producer and focus on giving my music an identity. I'd thorougly recommend this course to anyone interested in developing themselves as a musician

By Jenny P M A

Jan 7, 2020

Me encanto este curso cumplio totalmente mis expectativas , las supero aprendi muchisimo, estoy muy contenta y muy emocionada Muchas Gracias a Coursera y a Berklee College of Music por esta gran oportunidad . Felicitaciones al Docente Stephen Webber

Muchas Gracias

JENNY MORENO A

By Leianne M

Oct 17, 2018

Excellent course. The techniques and advice Stephen taught were instrumental in advancing my creativity in music production. As a result of this course, I have more confidence in my ability and have added to my knowledge base. Thank you Stephen! You are a great instructor.

By Karl K

Nov 28, 2016

This is a brilliant course for anyone looking to inject some emotion into their music, either as a producer, performer or musician. Steve explains musical concepts in an easy to understand language and gives relatable examples that can be applied. I'd highly recommend it!

By Abhishek P

The instructor is a master of his own work and definitely knows how to convey his message to the student. Watching the lectures helped get engaged in the conversation and also with every new lecture I learned something new about how can I be creative with music writing.

By Matteo T

Oct 19, 2016

Great course! Thanks a lot to Stephen Webber, Berklee and Cousera. I learned a ton of things. The explanations were really clear and it's a pleasure to learn from Mr Webber. Highly recommended if you're starting to get intereseted in music production and recording.

By Michael W

Sep 22, 2018

Wonderful course. It really took me out of my comfort zone (not in a bad way) and got me to do things and learn things I wouldn't have. It also exposed me to ideas I hadn't really thought of but now they're in my tool chest. I'm really grateful for this course.

By Janet E

Jul 18, 2020

Excellent introductory course. Stephen Webber provides specific information about creating and recording music. He includes real-world examples. He talks about Art, Technology, and communicating emotion. His videos are entertaining as well as informative.

By Tunç B

Jun 9, 2019

I really loved that Mr. Webber is so on point. He takes a short and direct approach on the contents. I'm not much of a newbie in the subject but I've learned immensely throughout this course. Very well done. Thank you to everyone who've made this possible.

By Vaso B

Sep 29, 2016

Great lesson! The videos were easy to understand and well - structured . With the assignments, you had to define your identity as an artist and understand who you are more objectively, define your goals and artistic projects. I definitely recommend it.

By Vincent A

Jun 7, 2016

Great course and great teacher. Great overview of how to produce some modern records. Also, Stephen has this jovial personality when teaching which makes it easy to absorb and stay inspired. Thanks for opening up this course and sharing the knowledge!

By Sami H

May 8, 2020

I expected more technical course but I'm really happy that it has focused on the Mindset and important principles around music production. Moreover it covers not only the production but also composing, strategy and Artists mentoring. Amazing course !

By Justin S

Oct 7, 2020

The course took an in-depth review of the art of music. It was paced well and was not overwhelming. The instructions given were clear and the information shared was concise and flowed smoothly. Attention to detail was clearly a goal for this course.

By Dae-Young, K

Feb 7, 2017

I can establish a lot of essential concepts about the music production. His saying that 'Think about conveying the emotion' could be the great asset for me to make music. I strongly recommend this lecture for beginning career as an music artist.

By MANUEL M P O

Oct 15, 2020

I have never had so many good tips in such a short time, the information is clear and the instructor helps a lot, if you are learning to have a clear vision and intention of your music and what you produce it is your best option, definitely.

By Valen F C

Apr 23, 2020

Great course. It gave a lot of practical information as well as engaged me to think about myself as a musician. It looked at the music production process from a different angle and that was helpful to get me re-engaged in making music again.

By Megan S

Dec 15, 2019

Awesome I loved that it was hands on and peer review the feed back was great all the videos were great!! He 10000% knew what he was talking about and able to speak in a way EVERYONE could understand I may look into more courses he teaches!!

By Daniela D V G

Nov 17, 2016

This was a great course and I recommend it to everyone. It was very enjoyable and the assignments pushed me every week to improve the way I listen and make recordings. I'm looking forward to continuing making songs from what I've learned.

By Lissie L N

Aug 9, 2016

No cabe duda de que Berklee es una escuela de calidad. Este curso es rápido pero con mucho contenido valioso! me quedé con ganas de seguir aprendiendo más, tuve que inscribirme a la especializacion. Estuvo genial. Excelente maestro.

By Gustavo S d S

Jul 20, 2020

An amazing course that brings us a lot on music production. Professor Stephen Webber is clear on the content, presenting about analysis of songs, studio and live performance, ambience on music, types of microphone... Recommended!

By Zoya M

Jun 30, 2017

A very organized course, the content was great and the people who reviewed the work were very kind too. The discussion prompts were interesting and engaging. I learned a lot and definitely recommend it to learners of all levels.

By Shyian D V

Jul 12, 2018

I'm glad to be a part of amazing community that worked together in this course! The useful content taught by Stephen Webber helped me to improve my production skills and lit the light to future projects.Thanks for knowledges!

By Esmailin C

May 29, 2017

Excelente content. Helped me not only to understand new technical skills, but also to understand myself as artist/producer. So now I can use the right skills to convey the emotions properly trough music. Thank you very much!

By Jean R

Jan 25, 2017

Great, great course, I wish I had had this course ten years ago. Not very technical, but aiming to shape the good practices for making good music ! Stephen Webber is really a great teacher, giving a lot in just a few weeks.