Back to The Art of Music Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Art of Music Production by Berklee College of Music

Explore the art of record production and how to make recordings that other people will love listening to. This course will teach you how to make emotionally moving recordings on almost any recording equipment, including your phone or laptop. The emphasis is on mastering tangible artistic concepts; the gear you use is up to you. You will learn to develop the most important tool in the recording studio: your ears. You will learn to enhance every aspect of your own productions, both sonically and musically, by employing deeper listening skills. Assignments will include posting your own recordings for peer review, and reviewing your classmates’ work by employing specific tools and strategies. If you use a digital audio workstation to record and mix, that’s great, but as long as you can record into your computer and post an MP3, you can complete the assignments. As you learn about the art of record production in this 4-week course, you will also learn about yourself and who you are as an artist and producer. It is not necessary that you read music or play an instrument to take this course....

RM
Jul 28, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I learned how to create my very first music song all on my own using an interface. I am independent and ready to make lots more music in my home on my own time by myself.

LR
Sep 25, 2016

Exceptional and essential guide for music producers. This course really makes you think of music production from a holistic perspective. I'll never listen to music the same superficial way anymore...

151 - 175 of 458 Reviews for The Art of Music Production

By Leonardo B

Good experience taken this course and making me understand concepts and develop something that I love which is the music production.

By Gabriel M V

Jun 16, 2017

Extremely interesting course, opens your mind for many elements on the music production that we usually ignore or don't think about.

By Nilesh V

Jun 1, 2020

It was amazing Expirience. I have never imagined that such a technical course can be explined online with most posibble simple way.

By Yelyzaveta K

Dec 17, 2018

Stephen is so kind, intelligent and talanted tutor. He gave us cool examples of everything, it was easy to understand the course.

By Stephen F

Aug 21, 2017

Incredible information, and very well put together. The videos are well produced, and I learned more than I initially anticipated

By Thomas C L

Dec 3, 2018

I didn't think it would be that helpful, but it really gave me the tools to think about what and how I am doing what I am doing.

By Jasmine K

Jan 2, 2018

Super fun, love the professor. Unfortunately can't afford to pay to complete the course for now but looking forward to one day!

By José A T G

Feb 9, 2019

Very nice course. The teacher is really great. If you want to explore some initial concept in music prodution this is for you.

By Aldair M

Nov 19, 2020

me gusto mucho el curso. El profesor es realmente muy bueno y las practicas como la teoría son realmente útiles. Gran curso !

By Tangarie L M

Aug 6, 2020

Thank you for all your efforts in teaching these classes. I firmly believe that you do all you can to help students succeed.

By Onyaiteru E

Jul 24, 2019

Stephen Webber is the man, I can confidently say that. He made production so easy to understand. His techniques are magical.

By Ailton C L d S

Oct 8, 2018

Great point of view and material. I loved all about this course and I think it brought me another perspective as a musician.

By Mikhail C

Oct 14, 2019

It helped me to structure my thoughts about my vision, to formulate and describe my musician identity in several sentences.

By Nihan G

Oct 2, 2017

I was so easily coming willing to come and see my friendly instructor again. Thank you for a great basic content.

I love it

By George H

Jun 11, 2017

This was an amazing experience , I learned so many great things in this course, worth every penny.

Thank you mister Webber!

By Amena F

Dec 27, 2016

Really loved this course! Well delivered, right up my street as someone who is starting to get into songwriting seriously.

By Randy B

Jan 29, 2019

Professor takes us to the art and has us partcipate, has us create art - music that's good. Step by step, not a problem.

By Ricardo P O

Mar 5, 2018

Good information, good themes, very inspiring and well organized. The professor has a gift to teach and communicate well.

By Craig S

Aug 3, 2017

Great introduction to music production and how to frame artists and yourself to help people better understand the vision.

By fernando V S

Jan 30, 2017

What a Great Course....Thanks so much Stephen & Berklee....and of course COURSERA!!!!

Always be in debt with you guys!!!!

By Sam S

Nov 1, 2016

Great class on exploring the artistic side of music production. Very helpful for me taking my songs to the next level!

By Ruzilya Y

Oct 20, 2016

very cool courses and mentors. information is short and accurate and nothing is better I ever saw.thank you very much!

By Matthew D

Sep 2, 2017

Wonderful course that turned out to be more challenging than I would have anticipated. Very happy I am participating.

By Ciprian I C

Oct 21, 2019

Very effective. This course is well-thought-out. I recommend it to all musicians who starting out a producer career.

By Justin E

Aug 13, 2017

It's a good and interesting course, and if subtitles can support the language of many countries, that would be great