Back to The Art of Music Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Art of Music Production by Berklee College of Music

Explore the art of record production and how to make recordings that other people will love listening to. This course will teach you how to make emotionally moving recordings on almost any recording equipment, including your phone or laptop. The emphasis is on mastering tangible artistic concepts; the gear you use is up to you. You will learn to develop the most important tool in the recording studio: your ears. You will learn to enhance every aspect of your own productions, both sonically and musically, by employing deeper listening skills. Assignments will include posting your own recordings for peer review, and reviewing your classmates’ work by employing specific tools and strategies. If you use a digital audio workstation to record and mix, that’s great, but as long as you can record into your computer and post an MP3, you can complete the assignments. As you learn about the art of record production in this 4-week course, you will also learn about yourself and who you are as an artist and producer. It is not necessary that you read music or play an instrument to take this course....

RM
Jul 28, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I learned how to create my very first music song all on my own using an interface. I am independent and ready to make lots more music in my home on my own time by myself.

LR
Sep 25, 2016

Exceptional and essential guide for music producers. This course really makes you think of music production from a holistic perspective. I'll never listen to music the same superficial way anymore...

426 - 450 of 458 Reviews for The Art of Music Production

By Rahul M

May 15, 2019

Really helped me understand the very subtle details that a producer should start observing while on the job or outside of it. Very Insightful and interesting.

By Jordi E

Apr 24, 2020

Very useful! I wish I had done it before! It's also very enriching to have feedback from other people who are into music, some really good advices there!

By Tatiana L C

Apr 22, 2017

It would have been so much better if the content of week 4 were given to us at the very beginning. Other than that i am happy with the course :)

By Shashank M B

Sep 8, 2020

Even though not very technical ,I was given the foundation for production and recording which was really necessary. Thank You!!

By Raphael A

Jul 4, 2017

It is a cool course to get basic knowledge about the art of music production, tho it doesn't get into great details.

By Hassan M A

Apr 2, 2019

it was a great course i 've learned how music structured and songs and give me lt general understanding of songs .

By Slavko B

Nov 19, 2018

Very informative. Good tutorials and instruction. It was helpful to refine skills and learn new ones.

By Preston K S

Good but very elementary. Good source of foundation though. Worth it but can speed through it.

By Ánderson C

Apr 6, 2020

This course will improve you as a producer and give you tools and knowledge about it.

By Sebastian A O H

Nov 1, 2019

Overall a good course! I expected a little more in-depth theory or techniques though.

By Nicky L P

Jun 28, 2016

This course gives great insight on how to approach song writing and music production!

By Daniel S

Oct 8, 2018

learned some important fundamentals. This course is definitely for beginners

By Nikhil K

Oct 3, 2016

Very informative. Helped in understanding various minor aspects

By Probal K D

Nov 9, 2020

It was just an amazing part of music production..

By RISHAB K

Aug 20, 2020

Its a good course for a beginner

By André C

Jul 22, 2016

Very interesting to begin with.

By Dennis O

Aug 17, 2017

Nice course - I learnt alot!

By Marco M

Feb 24, 2019

Quick but inspiring enough.

By Brandon G

Jan 3, 2018

Good fundamental learning.

By Donald B

Oct 10, 2016

Nice intro to production.

By Marcos F