Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE
Aug 13, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

DL
Aug 30, 2020

I had no background in programming before attending this course and I had my own doubts on learning a new language online. But trust me, this course is very well-built and it was a cake walk for me.

251 - 275 of 1,326 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By VISHRUT V

Jun 12, 2020

it was a very helpful course as i came to know about lot's of new things which earlier i was not knowing thankyou for this specialization .

By Sanjit D

Well structured course, with important fundamentals taken. Also, simple language is used so I enjoyed and understood the concepts better.

By VISHAL

May 4, 2020

The methodology of the course is amazing .Anyone who didn't know a single word ,can start from this course as it is a beginner friendly .

By Omar A A

Jul 7, 2020

it was really nice i enjoyed and too simple but please show more videos than reading as videos is more easier to understand than reading

By Mariam K

Aug 5, 2020

Great learning, the videos explain very well. I learned a lot, I recommend this course for you if you are new at the programming field.

By Dr. K N

I am Happy to complete my first Coursera certificate with gaining knowledge from basic. Thank you coursera and waiting for certificate.

By Debdeep R

Nov 3, 2019

It is a very good course for the beginners . I had learnt a lot from this course and looking forward for the next consecutive courses .

By Ehsan M

Dec 28, 2018

Excellent course for beginners in C. I strongly recommend it. The flow of material is very smooth, and the learning curve is not steep.

By Ahmed K

Apr 19, 2020

very useful course ,you will learn how to think and design your step before you write the code and how you can track your code by hand

By Shubham S

Jun 23, 2019

I love this course, the only think I would like to recommended is to be more specific about round off of a decimal no. While printing

By Shreyash k

May 12, 2020

This is best course for learning algorithm techniques and fundamentals of programming.

And all the three instructors are best.

Thanks!

By Ankit K

Jul 4, 2020

It was a nice course offered by coursera. Really very helpful for those who are completely new to programming. Thank you COURSERA.

By Dhiraj N J

Jun 17, 2020

This course is very usefull for understand the basic of c langauage.I am also usefull the knowledge in this course for the future.

By Asavinei N

Sep 22, 2020

Really easy to understand and lots of informations presented really well. I would recommend it to a friend that wants to learn C!

By Weerasinghe M E S K

May 23, 2020

This course is helped me to improve my algorithm writing skill.I didn't knew such a method to write an algorithm.It is very easy.

By SeungWoo K

May 6, 2019

Some of the problems and concept were hard but if you were able to concentrate well on the lecture it was a great course to take.

By Piyush G

May 7, 2020

The course was fantastic and not like conventional video only ones, it also had reading materials and quizzes for every topic.

By hari v

Apr 6, 2020

Rather than learning implementation is important. The courses focus on how to implement and solve a given problem step by step

By ch4ewon

Sep 30, 2018

Great to take this course by online in Asia.

It was my first time to meet programming, but it was very fun and understandable.

By Abhishek k c

ONE OF THE BEST METHOD INTRODUCED BY DUKE UNIVERSITY FOR THE BEGINNER WHO ARE INTERESTED IN LEARNING C PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

By Vishal M J

May 6, 2020

It's an amazing course provided by Duke University, A big thanks to Coursera and Duke University for providing such courses.

By armin g

Mar 22, 2020

The most important thing I've learned here, besides data types, is to always plan before coding.

I appreciate your work

thanks

By David R B

May 17, 2019

The instructors are so passionate about what they do, the care and effort put into this course is admirable and appreciable.

By Dnyaneshwar S

Jul 12, 2020

Its good know about the programming fundamentals. Many contents are very good for the any programmer to think on the logic.