Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE

Aug 13, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

ME

Jan 27, 2021

It's a very good as a beginning with programing language. It helped me to think like a compiler and how it exactly works. I've finally understood the saying "Everything in computer works in logic".♥

351 - 375 of 1,631 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By Patel S

Aug 31, 2019

This program was very much helpful and i'm grateful to have had such a chance to learn new things about programming.

By JENISHA P 2

Sep 19, 2020

It was an enriching experience. I got a clear idea about the basics of programming and how computers execute codes.

By Pooja P

Sep 7, 2020

If you want to start with C this is best course, even if you are not engineering background this course is for you.

By 1RN19CS058 H

Aug 15, 2020

It was a good introductory course. I am looking forward to continuing with your series by taking up the next course

By Usman A

Aug 15, 2020

The only problem this course has, that it has a lot of reading, apart from that, it is a wonderful designed course.

By Fernando Z A

Aug 10, 2020

Descriptions are clear and very objective. One of the best teaching I've found on both, programming and C language.

By Neha S P

Aug 7, 2020

It has been a amazing course I have ever done.And it helped me to develop many skillsand understanding programming.

By Ghislaine C B L

Oct 15, 2018

I loved the course and I learned new things and remembered things that I had learned previously at the university.

By Leam H

Jun 27, 2018

Very much enjoyed the course and the material. Learned a lot and will use the processes for C and other languages.

By Roberto A R B

Oct 25, 2020

Very useful to learn or reaffirm the fundamentals of programming. Is great for almost every programming language.

By samridh v

Jul 5, 2020

It was an amazing experience for me and I thank coursera for giving me this opurtunity to learn from this course.

By Arley A C P

Jun 30, 2020

This is an interesting course to start or in my case to remember the concepts that I haven't seen for a long time

By Divyansh M

Sep 14, 2020

Pretty great format to teach programming from start. Very engaging and equally effective in imparting knowledge.

By ASHISH K

Jun 2, 2020

This is very interested for me. In this course i have get more idea about c language. And also enjoy the course.

By Ashwin S H

May 18, 2019

This is a really good course. The teachers were pleasant and taught the concepts well. It was a good experience.

By Rickelme G D

Sep 1, 2021

I enjoyed a lot this course, because they teached me a lot important things about programming and coders lifes.

By TAMMINANA N R

Jul 26, 2020

with this I got exceptional view on the course. my perspective on computer programming had really changed alot.

By U A

Apr 30, 2020

Got good knowledge on how to view a problem and approach it with the fundamentals. Overall experience was good.

By Mohammad M U

Mar 30, 2018

Fantastic course. Different approach than all other beginner course. I am lucky to bump in to this on Coursera.

By Harsh A

Oct 29, 2019

This is amazing course provided by Duke University. I got good knowledge about the programing from this course

By HR

Nov 28, 2021

The professors in this course have explained the course topics in a very simple and easily understandable way

By Soumil S

Oct 3, 2021

This course is exceptionally good learnt quite a lot from this course, one of the best for a beginner like me

By sunny s

Sep 21, 2021

thank you so much for all your faculty that you have given us and it helps me so much to understand the topic

By G S

Apr 20, 2020

This course was very useful. Now i am confident that i will be able to write algorithm for any given problem.

By Ksenia P

Oct 23, 2020

excellent course, complicated in simple language, interesting and understandable practical tasks, thank you!