Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE

Aug 13, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

ME

Jan 27, 2021

It's a very good as a beginning with programing language. It helped me to think like a compiler and how it exactly works. I've finally understood the saying "Everything in computer works in logic".♥

376 - 400 of 1,640 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By Ksenia P

Oct 23, 2020

excellent course, complicated in simple language, interesting and understandable practical tasks, thank you!

By Mussarath A B

Apr 24, 2020

The explanation was indeed very helpful and I acquired a knowledge of the basic fundamentals of programming.

By Gildo M

return 0;

}

By Abraham N P

May 15, 2021

Great Course! From 0 to a excellent understanding level, is perfect to initiate your travel in programming.

By aryan b

Aug 26, 2020

It was good to learn from you,but i guess teachers are somewhat like robot ,means they dont have expression

By Aquib J T

Jul 13, 2020

it was awesome....a little slow from the beginning. And from struct onwards, it was a little hard to grasp.

By Hussain A

Dec 27, 2020

I loved this course. Now I know, how crucial it is to PLAN first, to build an algorithm then implement it.

By ARYAN M 2

Sep 5, 2020

The way the course is conducted and explained is very interesting and understandable. It was fun learning.

By Menda s

May 23, 2020

I like this app , it is use full in learners i have learn so many things in this programming fundamental

By YE L

Apr 12, 2019

The faulty is very professional and patient to solve my doubts. I am very honored to be educated by them.

By Taylor M

Mar 19, 2020

This class was VERY through and helped me learn to think the way a programmer needs to think. THANK YOU!

By Poshala R R

Mar 30, 2021

Coursera gave me self possession, and helped me add that certificates to my resume .

thank you coursera.

By Sivakumar S

Aug 18, 2020

I studied many new things through this course and learnt to think in a different way about programming.

Jul 13, 2020

Nothing much to say.The course was simply awesome.I thank Duke university and coursera for this course.

By Aniket R

Jun 23, 2020

Its a fantastic course. Anyone who wants to learn programming from the scartch can opt for this course.

By Akash P

the course was nicely designed and started from the basics. Due to this beginners can learn very easily

By Emil A

Dec 31, 2019

This great course, it helps you get basic understanding how machines works. Great, thank you very much.

By JAMES A

Nov 18, 2021

This course has really deepen my knowledge in the context of written an algorithm. Thank you Coursera

By ZEYAD E

Aug 8, 2020

Really good course with a very good approach to people like me who are completely new to programming.

By SAMIULLAH A

Jun 30, 2020

I think coursera is the best online learning platform and i am very happy to join this.

thanks a lot .

By Abdelrahman E

Jun 18, 2020

the course is very great and simple and you will get a good foundation to continue in the programming

By AMAN S

It was an awesome course to learn programming fundamentals. The course content is perfectly designed.

By Saakshi B

Jun 26, 2020

It was the best thing that I took this course. It helped me understand most of the basics. Thank you

By 19EBKCS015_Anamika S

Apr 18, 2020

This course is very helpful for me and I understand every topic very properly.

Thank you coursera .!!

By Ankit S

Feb 9, 2020

I found above course very useful to me as it helps to understand the basic concepts of C programming