Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE

Aug 13, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

ME

Jan 27, 2021

It's a very good as a beginning with programing language. It helped me to think like a compiler and how it exactly works. I've finally understood the saying "Everything in computer works in logic".♥

401 - 425 of 1,638 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By PAULA A V M

Oct 25, 2020

I have never understood programming, but this is an amazing course, well explained and really clear

By Muhammad S I

Jul 5, 2020

I have learned so many new things. Even I knew coding still there were so much to learn. Thank you!

By Vijay G K

Good basic course to start with for learning C programming and programming fundamentals in general.

By Youssef M

Aug 6, 2020

this is perfect course for people who want really to learn programming not to make any random code

By Ankit K

enhances the skills in writing the program and improves the fundamentals regarding the c language!

By Miral M

it helps a lot to understand basic things which we ignore . but it is very helpful in programming.

By ELAGANDULA N K

May 3, 2020

Very good programme... To learn a complete information on particular subject I like it so much....

By Surya G P

Apr 22, 2020

Helps us in building solid fundamentals of programming

Thanks a lot to these wonderful instructors.

By Giselle P P S

Dec 20, 2021

It is a good course because it teaches you to analyse in the right way the behavior of a program.

By Aathikesavan J K

Dec 9, 2021

It's a excellent course to learn about programming fundamentals and start career in programming .

By Soumava B

Sep 15, 2020

Amazing explanations! It cleared all my concepts regarding C and algorithmic thinking in general.

By Ketan c

Jun 24, 2020

It really help me alot in clearing the basics of C language .. i am really thankful to coursera..

By Gaurav T

May 3, 2020

would be better if instead of text readings we can have videos as picture says a thousand words!!

By Satyam C

Jan 16, 2022

This course was exceptionally good and it helped understand the basics of programming very well.

By Stan L

Dec 7, 2021

Really good intro to C. Touched many good concepts such as struct and data types. Learned a lot!

By Saket K

Oct 13, 2020

Excellent course, easy to understand and make all concepts crystal clear about fundamental s👍👍

By Rajeshwari K

Aug 22, 2020

This course helped me a lot and got confidence to tackle the programming question. Thanks a lot!

By JADHAV S S

Aug 19, 2020

I have learnt the basics of programming fundamentals and understood the necessity of the basics.

By Debashis N

This course is good enough for me .i am clarified with some of my concepts regarding programming

By Akshit K S

Apr 28, 2020

It is a great course for my introductory development regarding algorithm and complex data types.

By Yeyang L

Feb 14, 2020

Thanks to this course, I am finally able to start reading those programming books for beginners.

By Pradipta M

Oct 7, 2019

explained each and every topic very briefly and in easy way so that anyone can understand easily

By Borys D

Jun 22, 2022

E​xcellent course which teaches how to think and create your own algorithm for problem solving.

By Surya M

Dec 4, 2021

Fundamentals explained in this course are good enough to understand the basics of C programming