Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE
Aug 13, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

SP
Apr 23, 2020

Whether you are new to programming or an experienced guy, you should absolutely opt for this course because it helps to build a strong base with the basic but most important concepts in programming.

1251 - 1275 of 1,546 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By 손승건

Jan 15, 2020

I recommend beginners who aren't know about programming. when I learned basic programming language I felt a lack of explanation in course. This is a factor of deduction.

By Matthew H M

May 25, 2021

I took the course since I supposed, based on the descriptions, that I would learn about C-programming. Pedagogically excellent but extremely basic with an abrupt finish.

By Dahim A

Apr 21, 2021

The course was really helpful in building by basics in Algorithms and all the information that came with this course has really helped me understand programming better.

By Blue R

Sep 17, 2020

Good course but instead of making us read every topic which is cumbersome and time consuming , they can explain the whole topic through videos! Overall a good course!

By Leyla Q

Apr 26, 2020

I like these course and explanations, but why readings are soo long but videos are short? It is not good for student to learn something via readings. It is confusing.

By MSM T

Jul 21, 2020

I really gained adequate knowledge regarding these courses, I really thank Coursera, for providing these courses for students with free certification, thanks a lot😊

By Veda S

May 23, 2020

The course was interesting throughout the 4 week span .I have learnt how to write an algorithm perfectly and execute my code without any errors. Thank you for that .

By Bhagya R A

Jun 4, 2020

To become a good programmer it's very important that our roots i.e fundamentals are strong it may be really satisfied with this course to know the tricks of basics

By Ghadeer

Dec 2, 2019

It is a great course!! I understood a lot of things that were vague in the past. The only problem that I rarely needed a little research to understand some points

By Vivekanand

Sep 1, 2020

course is useful and good, but it will be more useful and easy for beginners if more video lectures are provided based on various topics and examples.

By Akhil S

Feb 27, 2018

This course helped me to make base in programming in C language. They give detailed information with example that helped me to understand the concept.

By KALYANKAR B

Jul 5, 2020

This course is good for those who are beginners in programming. It will teach you the basics of c language. I really enjoyed my time here. Thank you.

By SAIF A

Jun 23, 2020

It was a best experience on Coursera . It helps me to start my Programming career during the World wide pandemic . I pay thanks to Duke University .

By NAKKA V V K

Sep 9, 2020

good and clear explanation but the video explanation must be more though the reading explanation is good Also video clarification must be clear.

By SIRI.L

Dec 21, 2018

In the first week of writing an algorithm, it would be better if we are asked to write an algorithm in the tests rather than answers using them.

By kausartabassum

As I'm the beginner to programming...I learnt many things ...this course is best for beginners...best lecturers r provided for this course ...

By Asmita N

Apr 28, 2020

It was really a great experience learning through this platform.I would like to appreciate Duke University for making learning so easy.Thanks!

By Balazs E

May 6, 2020

Final submission should include writing a code. This code should be tested/reviewed, even if only checking if it gives the correct results.

By Gavesh J

Sep 14, 2019

The videos are good and detailed but a little lacking in examples and the quiz - assignment lack different types of question and situation.

By Samuel A

Sep 13, 2018

Programming Fundamentals introduces one to the key steps require for success in programming. I believe you will also find it interesting.

By Shadi N

Apr 17, 2020

great course for people with no prior programming knowledge, however I did not like that there is a lot of reading compared to the videos

By 张婧秋

Aug 3, 2019

just some instruction and very basic understanding of language C, if you want to learn more, need choose other modules after this course.

By GUO J

Sep 29, 2018

I have carefully completed the course and gained a lot. I showed great gratitude to the professors and I would go on studying C code.

By Shaheem T

Jul 22, 2019

Good explanation. Easily understood. I liked it. But could have been better with lesser reading and using videos instead.

By Zheyu Z

Jul 1, 2020

The content of the first part is very inductive and good for the novices, However, the reading material is way too much.