Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE
Aug 13, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

SP
Apr 23, 2020

Whether you are new to programming or an experienced guy, you should absolutely opt for this course because it helps to build a strong base with the basic but most important concepts in programming.

251 - 275 of 1,546 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By Stephen M M

Very wonderful insight and approach to learning the C programming Language. I feel so energized going forward. I want to become proficient in the C Language.

By Preeti

Apr 16, 2020

Best course to develop basic fundamental

I am enjoy a lot to study this course

My base is now clear and now I am analysis the problem how to solve the queation

By SHUBHANGI M

Sep 1, 2020

If you are new to the coding world and want to learn everything from the basics in a much clearer and interesting way, then this course is for you. Go ahead

By RAJEEV K

May 9, 2020

well organized course for beginners .Even You Want to start From starting that's a good course for u .

It will build your concept in c . Well done Good luck.

By Saurabh S

May 16, 2019

It is the best course to get programming fundamentals and algorithmic concepts. Since it's not the best course for learning the syntax and is for beginners.

By Miguel E

Jan 4, 2021

A great way to learn the fundamentals of programming in C. The materials and the exercises really helped me to put in practise the contents of this course.

By Sourav C

Apr 21, 2019

I think Coursera is very good and it's teachers are teaching us very carefully. They solve difficult problems in very easy ways.So I gave Coursera 5 star.

By Hongru D

Jan 26, 2018

Very fundamental C programming course, learned basic program reading method, different data type and physical storage in computer(binary), if/else, loops.

By Платонова Е П

Aug 19, 2020

These courses helped me a lot as a beginner programmer. Through this course, I found a lot of information on the algorithmic approach to problem solving.

Dec 2, 2019

I'm extremely grateful to have an opportunity to learn through this course. It's extremely well structured and simplified. It was a very nice experience.

By Subhrangshu A

Oct 29, 2018

Satisfied with the course. Coursera is amazing. I have been enrolled to other online courses like NPTEL, Learnwise, EdX and none are as good as coursera.

By SHREYAAN P 2

Sep 25, 2020

it was very short, wanted more examples on enum and rather even for structs and def type. It would have been better if there was more practical session

By 106 A

Jun 15, 2020

I'm very happy, after complete this course, and I think I have some basic language skill that will help me further learning another programing language

By Ahmed A

Sep 3, 2019

I have studied C from a lot of different sources, but here in this course, I found the best method to learn C language , really thanks for your efforts

By Deekshith V

May 7, 2020

i have learnt the basics of programming, how to code in simple c language, and some basics methods to be followed.

By Lucien-Alexandre S

Jul 28, 2019

A wonderful course which helped me understand Computer Programming at a much deeper level than I ever did on my own through learning Web Development.

By Danjie X

Nov 1, 2020

The logic of the course is very clear, and it helped me to understand the basic of the programing and this is fundamental in the future programming.

By Kyle A

Aug 18, 2020

Great for just getting started. Covers the basics very profoundly. Would recommend if just starting out and needing to begin at the very first step.

By Palida

Professors explain it very clearly. Although I'm not use English in daily, I still understand. Good beginning to learn about programming. Thank you.

By Herath M P S M

Jul 18, 2020

This is a better course to Begin learning C programming because this course cover the basic fundamentals that should know about the C programming.

By Kang J A

Easy to understand, good as a refresher for those revisiting C and also good for new programmers to understand the concepts behind programming in C

By 682_ R

Jun 30, 2021

This course was very precise for anybody who is new to programming as it teaches everything from basic and scratch and in a well structural form.

By YUGUAN B

Nov 10, 2020

I have some basic knowledge of C language and this course is immensely helpful in developing conceptual framework necessary to truly understand C.

By Azlan S

May 5, 2020

The required fundamentals were well covered during the course. The tutorials conducted by the lecturers were comprehensive and easy to understand.

By Mr. S S

Apr 30, 2020

I, am very much thankful to all professors who tought this course. Their teaching delivery method is very good. I am very happy to do this course.