Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE

Aug 14, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

SP

Apr 24, 2020

Whether you are new to programming or an experienced guy, you should absolutely opt for this course because it helps to build a strong base with the basic but most important concepts in programming.

326 - 350 of 1,281 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By Ankit K

enhances the skills in writing the program and improves the fundamentals regarding the c language!

By Miral M

it helps a lot to understand basic things which we ignore . but it is very helpful in programming.

By ELAGANDULA N K

May 03, 2020

Very good programme... To learn a complete information on particular subject I like it so much....

By Surya G P

Apr 22, 2020

Helps us in building solid fundamentals of programming

Thanks a lot to these wonderful instructors.

By Soumava B

Sep 15, 2020

Amazing explanations! It cleared all my concepts regarding C and algorithmic thinking in general.

By Ketan c

Jun 24, 2020

It really help me alot in clearing the basics of C language .. i am really thankful to coursera..

By Gaurav T

May 03, 2020

would be better if instead of text readings we can have videos as picture says a thousand words!!

By Saket K

Oct 13, 2020

Excellent course, easy to understand and make all concepts crystal clear about fundamental s👍👍

By Rajeshwari K

Aug 22, 2020

This course helped me a lot and got confidence to tackle the programming question. Thanks a lot!

By JADHAV S S

Aug 19, 2020

I have learnt the basics of programming fundamentals and understood the necessity of the basics.

By debashis n

This course is good enough for me .i am clarified with some of my concepts regarding programming

By Akshit K S

Apr 28, 2020

It is a great course for my introductory development regarding algorithm and complex data types.

By Yeyang L

Feb 14, 2020

Thanks to this course, I am finally able to start reading those programming books for beginners.

By Pradipta M

Oct 07, 2019

explained each and every topic very briefly and in easy way so that anyone can understand easily

By SHITANSHU S

Oct 12, 2020

That was a really good course that ended my fear of coding by roots. Thank You DUke University.

By Rahma M A

Aug 28, 2020

it's very usful for me as i'm beginner and learning from scratch,so it was a good start for me

By Vupallancha K

Aug 12, 2020

The way tutors delivered the content is good enough.

I am glad to have this course.

Thanks a lot.

By Sudhanshu R

Jun 06, 2020

Cleared my basic concepts to enter into programming world. A great course to start programming.

By Kiran K B

Jun 01, 2020

This course is really helpful. It teaches us how to write programs efficiently and effectively.

By Pravin S

This course helped me in understanding the basics of programming and was also very descriptive.

By Avneet K

May 13, 2020

The course content is very helpful and the instructors teaches it in a very appropriate manner.

By Khyati B

Apr 06, 2020

The course that i took was very helpful for building up my base and clearing up my fundamentals

By Varun K

Dec 14, 2017

Excellent presentation by all the Instructors. lucky to get enrolled in this course.

Thank you!

By Mandeep K

May 23, 2020

easy way to understand and , you guys explained the things in natural way .thank you very much