Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE
Aug 13, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

MK
Jan 27, 2021

It's a very good as a beginning with programing language. It helped me to think like a compiler and how it exactly works. I've finally understood the saying "Everything in computer works in logic".♥

76 - 100 of 1,436 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By KANDAGADDALA V

Jun 10, 2020

i have learnt how to perform algorithms and how to write algorithms for such a large problems by using the guidelines give by this course with the help of the seven steps you thought in the in the course .I am very thankful for this course and who helped me in learning. A wonderful experience .Once again thankyou.

By Taos M

Nov 19, 2020

I found the course to be really good. I was able to begin reading C code in one night. There are some heavy concepts spoken about. If you are brand new to programming, spend the time to contextualize them for this course. You will fly through the quizzes. I really enjoyed Week 2 and I learned a great deal during Week 3.

By Gustavo A M C

Jul 26, 2020

As a programming student in my university classes, I've seen many of my classmates failing to comprehend how to organize their ideas to write code. As an introductory course, I think this one does an excelent job forcing me to reorganize the way I thought of a certain problem in order to solve it. I really recomend it.

By Geetik N

Jul 6, 2019

I enrolled to this course as a pure beginner. I didn't knew anything about programming at all. But this course has transformed my life completely. This course has given me the right base on which I can go on and build my career. It is highly recommended that if you are a beginner at programming you must enroll here!!

By Yao J

Sep 17, 2019

I have some fundamentals skills on C programming and only looking to advanced it didn't expect this course to help much but the 7 steps of programming that was introduced in this course helped me a lot in understanding the steps of approaching a programming problem and have a better foundation of writing algorithms.

By Willie M D

Oct 21, 2020

I had no prior background in programming before this course. I felt overwhelmed most of the time but I just kept at it. This course has changed me and I have confidence that I can continue to learn if I just apply myself and never give up. This class was a game-changer for me. I am so grateful. So very grateful

By RAJAT D

May 12, 2020

This course gives me a new conceptual understanding of the concepts. Previously, I was looking at things differently. After completion of this course, I can visualize what is actually happening in the hardware. How the computer is dealing with numbers.

Taking this course was an enjoyable and amazing experience.

By ADITYA I A

Aug 15, 2020

Myself Aditya Ishwardas Agrawal ,At The begning i thought that c programming is very tough but as i went on learning with coursera the things started to become Easier and easier by solving many more quizes!! I am very much thankfull to the instructors and coursera for providing these course for free of cost.

By Raj K G

Jan 13, 2021

Learning is never ending process. I always want to learn about programming ,How we really write something like task in Codes and our computer do that task .What ,Why ,How it happens this course covers the every aspect of the programming From logical reasoning to develope a fully working algorithm of our own

By Harry A

May 4, 2018

A solid course for anyone getting into programming or for those who skipped straight into writing C without understanding how create their own algorithms. It serves nicely as a refresher also or a crash course into algorithms.

I liked the exercises and the explanations are both logical and useful. Five stars!

By Bassem O A E E

Jul 21, 2020

This course is for beginners like was described.

I like the method of telling the information by put reading first and video second which is not suitable with other student. That make it more interesting and good for abstraction and get new concepts.

I recommended so much this course to starting fly-in-code

By Punam

Apr 3, 2020

I am an intermediate level C programmer and I used to do a lot of mistakes while writing code.

It's really true that your planning is really very important. Skills are more important than tools, That is so true.

This is a really awesome course which shows step by step approach to get towards solution.

By Shravani G

Jul 24, 2020

I was glad to be a part of such wonderful course.If your are beginner in C programming language then this course will be really helpful to you since the explanation is very well illustrated.

I Thank all the instructors for such an informative course and I would also like to thank the team as well.

By Kasaragadda T S C 1

Aug 8, 2019

This course offer me to see the problem in a new perspective by helping me to learn to read and analyse the code which makes the programming language easy to learn and understand by saving more time while debugging the code. It also let u know where we all do mistakes and helps us to rectify it.

By Anmol K V

May 14, 2020

I suggest you should definitely go for this course as this course is designed in a way that even the beginners can learn to code in C in a very easy way.

The content provided in the videos and reading material can be easily understood and you can starting coding just after finishing the course.

By Andrey K

May 5, 2020

It is a great course to start off as a programmer, or brush up the basics if you are a programmer. I did the course to prepare myself to learning C, and I have filled in some gaps, although I have been already programming for years. It's always great to get good guidance and explanations.

By Bakrey O B

Oct 6, 2019

Thank you Corsera and Duke university for your help, in this coures i have learned a lot in such a nice way to present the informations with an excellent sorting and designing the materials, THanks againe for my first certificaion in Coursera.

Hope to complete the whole Specialisation (: )

By MD. U R R

Jun 1, 2020

It's a great initiative that you should take if you are totally new to the world of programming. This course makes sure you understand each and every word used in C programming. Even though I knew almost all the topics before this course, it provided deep learning of these topics to me.

By ELHOUSSAINE A

Jul 5, 2020

I am very happy to finish this lesson, it is a lesson worth pursuing. Now I can continue studying programming with love and optimism. Really, I have learned a lot of praise especially reading code with C programming language. Thank you so much for this wonderful course. A lot of love.

By Mohammad A S

Jan 13, 2021

It's a great course for absolute beginners as it doesn't have any hard prerequisites. You absolutely don't need to know anything about programming. Not to mention, you'll learn the basics of computer programming in this course, not necessarily the nuts and bolts of programming in C.

By David B

Jul 22, 2020

Excellent introduction to Programming in C, or programming in general. It made me think. It was not easy for me, but it helped me improve my programming skills. I thought I knew how to program! Now I feel I'm on the right path to become a professional programmer, not a mediocre one.

By Zidane Q

Feb 10, 2021

I am a self-taught developer. I chose this course to flesh out my knowledge of programming fundamentals. It completely felt like being spoon-fed for the material taught in this course. I have got a great experience.

Many thanks to Teaching Team Duke University and CourseraTeam.

By Rahul D

Sep 23, 2020

Awesome, I have never seen a teaching method like this. I used to have a lot of confusion before this course. They solved every doubt. Even you know nothing about c language or you know a few things. This course will change the way your laptop and programming totally.

By RAKSHITH S P

Aug 13, 2020

This was a great experience for me. I did knew some basics in C programming but after learning this course I came across many things which I had understood wrong. now I know the fundamentals well and I am confident now. Thank you DUKE university and thank you COURSERA.

Apr 17, 2019

Each task was very informative, and everything felt as though it had a purpose. The videos were easy to follow, and I actually learned something from taking the quizzes instead of feeling as though I was just regurgitating information. This was a pretty great course!