Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE
Aug 13, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

TL
Aug 30, 2020

I had no background in programming before attending this course and I had my own doubts on learning a new language online. But trust me, this course is very well-built and it was a cake walk for me.

1426 - 1450 of 1,509 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By S. U

Jan 28, 2021

The instruction is thorough and easy to follow, but there was a lot of reading - which I didn't mind, but some learners may be expecting more video instruction. I also thought there weren't really enough 'finger exercises' and the quizzes were fairly simple. A good 'get your feet wet' course but ultimately it still felt a bit lacking. I'm hoping the other courses in the series are more challenging.

By Girish D K

Aug 3, 2020

You should be more energetic during teaching so that student will enjoy learning instead of getting bored from your session. And also make more video material so that the concept will be more clear in students mind and reduce reading material and make more video with full energy. Hope you will take this review in positive way.Thank You

By Sidharth G

Aug 27, 2020

The reading materials are too long and boring, videos should be considered for all those topics which were covered via reading material, also the topics that videos cover could be taken in more depth and more on hand coding experience should be provided via exercises

By GUIRONG L

Aug 15, 2019

The video is great and instructive however week 3 and week 4 quiz is quite challenging for a new beginner. Many reading materials in each week but the video is not long enough to cover and explain those important concepts mentioned in the reading materials.

By Supreeth P G

Jul 23, 2020

I feel that more interactive videos with student would be more beneficial to students as they can grasp the concepts much easier than having to read paragraphs and passages

Thank you to all the concerned faculty for helping me to complete this course

By Rishabh N

Dec 4, 2019

The course consist of too much of theoretical portion.the written content is quiet boring.test should be taken through some interactive programming to develop the programming skills.athe information provided was deep and covered all the content.

By Shuhao L

Sep 8, 2020

There should be more video than readings, because I think videos explain things clearer than texts. Also, there should be correct answer sheets for quizzes and explanations after each week's tasks so that we can learn more from our mistakes.

By jenny d

Jan 10, 2021

I think it is much better to give more demo examples than giving examples as reading materials, because I think It will be easier for the newbies to understand the context if the examples are more on visuals than reading.

By Avishkar

Mar 25, 2020

Don't by the rating This course was really helpful it gave me a deeper insight into C. The course was well structured with great videos I just felt it could have more videos but everything was just great overall.

By Ragavan

Sep 30, 2020

algorithms based concepts were very much clear and explained very well. but the course failed to give insights more on c programming and coding referring only to very few concepts in programming.

By Keshav G

Nov 14, 2020

The thing that this course should improve is its reading part. It has a very long reading part, mostly students get bored and frustrated in reading so much lengthy paragraphs.

By Neelam H G

Sep 14, 2020

This is a really nice course for beginners but the problem is there's a lot of reading compared to explanation and videos so might get boring.Otherwise good content.

By Goutham E

The course outline was very difficult. The topics that were explained in the course videos were basic, but the questions asked in the exam were hard.

By 周可人

Jan 7, 2020

Too much readings. I wish most of reading materials can be covered in videos.

I don't like the week 4 quiz. It's too subjective.

By saurav j

May 22, 2020

Too many readings, I got bored also. Not that attractive course. 7 Steps is the Major of this course everyone should practice.

By Swathi K

Jun 23, 2020

This course will be very good.I'm really thanks full to this course I learned so many things from this course.thank u so much

By Ritik G

Jan 6, 2019

it didnt specify how to actually write command in lynx or window.also it shoukd specify printf command first week .thank you.

By SAI T K

Could've had more practice sessions than reading sections.

Too much reading involved. More videos would have been much better

By Nishith

Jun 12, 2020

Could have been more explanations in videos rather than manually reading from the reading material. Quiz was good.

By Ankit K

Great explanation and content. The syllabus can be more wide and more exercises should be there for practice.

By Nemin S

May 2, 2019

The reading material needs to be more concise and exhaustive, other than that everything is top notch.

By RANJANI

Oct 4, 2020

It was good... But was little high level for beginners.... Otherwise the course was knowledgeable.

By SNEHAL K

Jun 7, 2021

I agree that my feedback may be viewed by the Coursera community, in compliance with the Coursera

By Cory S

Jan 25, 2021

This wasn't what I was looking for in a C# programming course, but I did learn some things.