Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE
Aug 13, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

SP
Apr 23, 2020

Whether you are new to programming or an experienced guy, you should absolutely opt for this course because it helps to build a strong base with the basic but most important concepts in programming.

151 - 175 of 1,325 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By Lakshya g

Jul 20, 2020

IT WAS THE BEST ONLINE COURSE EVER . BUT MYSELF AS A STUDENT I WILL GIVE ONE ADVICE THAT IF POSSIBLE PLEASE PROVIDE MORE VIDEOS THAN READING AS VIDEO HELPS IN UNDERSTANDING MORE THAN READING .

By Thierry K

Sep 24, 2019

This is an excellent introduction to programming in general.It gives the building blocks towards professional programming regardless of the programming language or industry you are aiming at.

By Pragya M

this is such a good course related to basic programming . teachers and mentors teaches me in a excellent manner . i am pretty much sure that this will gonna be a worthy skill in my resume .

By MAKRAND T B

May 9, 2020

All the teachers taught all the things excellently that is why i was able to complete these course.This course has helped me for developing my programming skills .Thank alot for being there.

By 19x030 R T V

Jun 15, 2020

This was very useful for me to pickup my basic programming skills. The teachers are skilled that they teach in a very proper and systematic manner. Thankyou Duke University for this course.

By Shweta b

Jun 14, 2020

The course is really helpful for the beginners. The basics are taught very nicely.Each and every concepts are explained thoroughly. Thanks to the teachers who have made us to learn quickly.

By M. M R

Jun 2, 2020

I never thought C programming is about algorithms! Always thought it's just some set of code, but this helped me a lot to learn how to write and review algorithms and logic behind the code

By MitchNiemandt

Dec 27, 2017

Well worth it! Hated it in the beginning, couldn't wrap my head around the algorithms, but the course studies helped, kept reading, watching the videos, FINALLY got it!

100% can recommend!

By Jesús N

Jun 10, 2020

Nice course, I learned a lot. I will suggest that the teacher needs to offer more office hours in order to help more the students with homewoks, like doing zoom meetings

AMAZING COURSE!!!!

By Vraj P

Sep 22, 2019

great course for beginners!!

rather than only language syntax learning about the actual process or actual algorithm is way more beneficial. which is the exact thing this course provides.

By Edwin A C P

Sep 15, 2020

The course is very good, it really helped me a lot to learn to read the step by step execution of the codes, and not focus only on the result. Very good foundation to start programming.

By Anna S

Dec 11, 2017

This course is great! It helps me to structirize all the information about programming that Iknow before. And of course I find a lot of new things. Thanks for the course and good luck!)

By Thoutam V

The course was really fantastic. The way they are building concepts step by step for the beginners like me is really appreciable. I'm looking forward to learn more from you. Thank you.

By Ananth R

This course is a bit different from all other Introduction to C courses as the focus here is on understanding why, when and how to code rather than jumping directly into writing code.

By Jessica T

Feb 1, 2018

This course is great. The teachers are fantastic at explaining the subject matter. I had failed a class at a community college in C++, this class makes it all make so much more sense.

By Asparuh S

Apr 19, 2018

Very nice course for every beginner. After the course you will understand very well the fundamentals of programming and could continue to further expand your knowledge in this field.

By mathecoder

Jul 5, 2020

Excellent course for basics about programming. Sometimes we dive into advanced concepts ignoring the basics. And this course definitely helps address this issue and bridge this gap.

By ANDREW J L

Apr 26, 2020

Challenging course if you have no experience in coding. Great at teaching basics to give someone an understanding of coding, and the final evaluation demonstrates that perfectly.

By Kristen P

Jan 19, 2020

Excellent for beginners. A great way to build a solid foundation for new programmers/ data scientists/ coding enthusiasts. Loved the instructors and their way of explaining things!

By ME_3rd_48_Prasenjit P

Sep 21, 2020

Very good course for beginner before the course I haven't know anything about programming but after this now I can say I learn something about program which is really interesting.

By Andy G

Aug 21, 2020

I have previous experience in Python, a bit of C, and have a background in Mathematics. Despite that, I found this course to be extremely useful to better my algorithmic thinking.

By Seethiraju V S

Jul 13, 2020

Its been a great experience and good reading stuff have been provided. Focussed on algorithmic skill and manual approach which helped me to understand the readability of the code.

By Mike T

Feb 3, 2020

The format combined lectures, video, and exercises into an interesting way to learn algorithm development using the C language - much better than the usual "Hello World" approach.

By shrikant h

Dec 8, 2019

That was a great experience to me because I have learnt lot of new things and I learnt how to do programming analysis based on complex problems and writing algorithms for problem.

By Hisham A

Sep 13, 2020

Really I would like to thank you all, this course helped me very much in understanding the basics of C programming, the explanation was short, very simple and easy to understand.