Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE
Aug 13, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

MK
Jan 27, 2021

It's a very good as a beginning with programing language. It helped me to think like a compiler and how it exactly works. I've finally understood the saying "Everything in computer works in logic".♥

176 - 200 of 1,563 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By Brandy M

Aug 19, 2020

I loved how the content was explained: very clearly, in plain English, with many examples of what was being discussed. Having written instruction followed by video examples helped everything come together.

By 19EBKCS036_DHRUV_SHARMA

thank you coursera ... you've helped me a lot , this course has enhanced my programming skills , which might help me in my future . this course has made programming easier for me . thank you very much .

By Sravanthi D

Apr 21, 2020

I learn this very good fundamental in course. I like this course. Explanation is good. I learn more important points in algorithm and c. I learn how to write programs in the c language.

Thank you sir.

By Dan O

Jan 17, 2021

This course is great in that they don't skip any steps or wave them away. They create a solid foundation of understanding and ensure that you understand each step before moving on to the next one.

By Manoj A

Jul 24, 2020

Amazingly planned course. Every topic is explained very well . Easily understandable by any beginner as all the topics are taught from scratch and every minute detail is taken into consideration.

By Muhammad A

Sep 8, 2020

This course met my expectations. I would recommend this course to beginners who have no knowledge of programming. This course gives you deep introduction of programming and makes you learn more.

By Lakshya g

Jul 20, 2020

IT WAS THE BEST ONLINE COURSE EVER . BUT MYSELF AS A STUDENT I WILL GIVE ONE ADVICE THAT IF POSSIBLE PLEASE PROVIDE MORE VIDEOS THAN READING AS VIDEO HELPS IN UNDERSTANDING MORE THAN READING .

By Muhammad O E

Jan 31, 2021

An awesome course. It is an honor to take this course. Best explanation and excellent notes. The concepts are given in amazing way and was delivered perfectly. I highly recommend this course.

By Thierry K

Sep 24, 2019

This is an excellent introduction to programming in general.It gives the building blocks towards professional programming regardless of the programming language or industry you are aiming at.

By Pragya M

this is such a good course related to basic programming . teachers and mentors teaches me in a excellent manner . i am pretty much sure that this will gonna be a worthy skill in my resume .

By MAKRAND T B

May 9, 2020

All the teachers taught all the things excellently that is why i was able to complete these course.This course has helped me for developing my programming skills .Thank alot for being there.

By 19x030 R T V

Jun 15, 2020

This was very useful for me to pickup my basic programming skills. The teachers are skilled that they teach in a very proper and systematic manner. Thankyou Duke University for this course.

By Shweta b

Jun 14, 2020

The course is really helpful for the beginners. The basics are taught very nicely.Each and every concepts are explained thoroughly. Thanks to the teachers who have made us to learn quickly.

By M. M R

Jun 2, 2020

I never thought C programming is about algorithms! Always thought it's just some set of code, but this helped me a lot to learn how to write and review algorithms and logic behind the code

By MitchNiemandt

Dec 27, 2017

Well worth it! Hated it in the beginning, couldn't wrap my head around the algorithms, but the course studies helped, kept reading, watching the videos, FINALLY got it!

100% can recommend!

By Jesús N

Jun 10, 2020

Nice course, I learned a lot. I will suggest that the teacher needs to offer more office hours in order to help more the students with homewoks, like doing zoom meetings

AMAZING COURSE!!!!

By Vraj P

Sep 22, 2019

great course for beginners!!

rather than only language syntax learning about the actual process or actual algorithm is way more beneficial. which is the exact thing this course provides.

By Edwin A C P

Sep 15, 2020

The course is very good, it really helped me a lot to learn to read the step by step execution of the codes, and not focus only on the result. Very good foundation to start programming.

By Anna S

Dec 11, 2017

This course is great! It helps me to structirize all the information about programming that Iknow before. And of course I find a lot of new things. Thanks for the course and good luck!)

By Thoutam V

The course was really fantastic. The way they are building concepts step by step for the beginners like me is really appreciable. I'm looking forward to learn more from you. Thank you.

By Baturalp İ

Apr 16, 2021

I can recommend this course to anyone who is interested about learning algortihms and C syntax. Most importantly this course shows you how computers understand your code step by step.

By ADITHYA D

Dec 10, 2020

The reading part were a little bit lengthy, but they are necessary for the course.

This course was very useful to create a good programmer in me.

Thank You all for this wonderful course

By Ananth R

This course is a bit different from all other Introduction to C courses as the focus here is on understanding why, when and how to code rather than jumping directly into writing code.

By Jessica T

Feb 1, 2018

This course is great. The teachers are fantastic at explaining the subject matter. I had failed a class at a community college in C++, this class makes it all make so much more sense.

By Asparuh S

Apr 19, 2018

Very nice course for every beginner. After the course you will understand very well the fundamentals of programming and could continue to further expand your knowledge in this field.