Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE
Aug 13, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

SP
Apr 23, 2020

Whether you are new to programming or an experienced guy, you should absolutely opt for this course because it helps to build a strong base with the basic but most important concepts in programming.

176 - 200 of 1,384 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By Jessica T

Feb 1, 2018

This course is great. The teachers are fantastic at explaining the subject matter. I had failed a class at a community college in C++, this class makes it all make so much more sense.

By Asparuh S

Apr 19, 2018

Very nice course for every beginner. After the course you will understand very well the fundamentals of programming and could continue to further expand your knowledge in this field.

By mathecoder

Jul 5, 2020

Excellent course for basics about programming. Sometimes we dive into advanced concepts ignoring the basics. And this course definitely helps address this issue and bridge this gap.

By ANDREW J L

Apr 26, 2020

Challenging course if you have no experience in coding. Great at teaching basics to give someone an understanding of coding, and the final evaluation demonstrates that perfectly.

By Kristen P

Jan 19, 2020

Excellent for beginners. A great way to build a solid foundation for new programmers/ data scientists/ coding enthusiasts. Loved the instructors and their way of explaining things!

By ME_3rd_48_Prasenjit P

Sep 21, 2020

Very good course for beginner before the course I haven't know anything about programming but after this now I can say I learn something about program which is really interesting.

By Andy G

Aug 21, 2020

I have previous experience in Python, a bit of C, and have a background in Mathematics. Despite that, I found this course to be extremely useful to better my algorithmic thinking.

By Seethiraju V S

Jul 13, 2020

Its been a great experience and good reading stuff have been provided. Focussed on algorithmic skill and manual approach which helped me to understand the readability of the code.

By Mike T

Feb 3, 2020

The format combined lectures, video, and exercises into an interesting way to learn algorithm development using the C language - much better than the usual "Hello World" approach.

By shrikant h

Dec 8, 2019

That was a great experience to me because I have learnt lot of new things and I learnt how to do programming analysis based on complex problems and writing algorithms for problem.

By souvik g

Dec 30, 2020

The explanations in this course was lucid and in very simple language. Flexibility of the course helped me to acquire more knowledge by research on this topic from other sources.

By Hisham A

Sep 13, 2020

Really I would like to thank you all, this course helped me very much in understanding the basics of C programming, the explanation was short, very simple and easy to understand.

By RAHUL V .

Jun 11, 2020

It was a lovely experience. It helped me clear my old fundamental doubts.

I recommend it to everyone who's looking for a walk through memory lane and basics.

Loved it Completely!11

By Prabipriya S

Jun 11, 2020

Hlw ,,,My name is Prabipriya Samanta, I am a student of ECE, From the coursera i have learnt a lot of things, It is a good platform, both teachers and university...

Thannking you

By Aniket D

Jun 8, 2020

The course is very much needed for beginners. The topic are well explained by the extremely talented teachers and the precious notes cannot be ignore. Overall top quality course

By Gevenny G

Apr 18, 2020

Although, I suspect there were a few glitches in the quizzes, overall it was a very thorough beginner course. The staff was also very responsive in the forums, which was helpful.

By Sumedh P

Mar 29, 2020

It was a very nice experience to attend this course. I am thankful to Coursera and Duke University for this superb course which can help me in my academics as well as placements.

By Diego J R R

Mar 6, 2020

It was a great experience. Amazing course, I had learned powerful base skills for programming. I am looking forward to continue to the next level language C programming course

By 안재은

Sep 12, 2020

This class was very helpful in understanding the C language. It consists of easy explanations and examples, so it is a very good class for those who are new to C Programming.

By Tanmaya M

Jul 18, 2020

This course is very easy to understand and engaging. It mainly focuses on getting a clear idea about the problem and planning precisely to solve rather than jumping to code.

By TEJAL B

Jun 1, 2020

It was a wonderful experience . The course is very helpful and informative and i love the segments they have divide it in and also the professors are very clear and helpful.

By Yue Y

Feb 24, 2019

Really good introductory class of C#. Clear lectures with reading materials to supply. Hope to finish the course series with deep understanding of C# and programming skills.

Nov 27, 2017

it help be to remember C ,and understand what happen with code by hand which is a great step to me =D it will help you to keep tracking your code every step by your hand...

By Sehyun P

Jul 31, 2018

I had so much fun while studying your lecture! As a beginner who wants to take one more closer step to get a software engineering job, I'd highly recommend taking this one!

By VIKAS B

Aug 22, 2020

I get a good understanding of how to write algorithm and test our program. Excellent course and ofcourse I recommended everyone take this course and explore your knowledge