Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE

Aug 14, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

DL

Aug 31, 2020

I had no background in programming before attending this course and I had my own doubts on learning a new language online. But trust me, this course is very well-built and it was a cake walk for me.

201 - 225 of 1,279 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By Sachith N K

Jan 28, 2019

This is the best C programming course I ever followed. The lecturers clearly describes the course content and I love it. This course follows a very good planning.

By Vaibhav M

Jul 26, 2020

A good course to go through but the reading part is much more than the video part.it should include ore video part apart from that the course is understandable.

By Nirbhay S

May 12, 2020

Its an awesome course for anyone starting their journey in computer fundamentals and in anyway related to computer science even if you are on intermediate level.

By Priya V

Apr 05, 2020

There was a amazing experience with this course.They have a different way to teach any concept,topic,etc.All questions are too awesome to understand any concept.

By keerthana b

Aug 02, 2020

Good introductory course on C programming. This course helps in thinking like a programmer to solve any real world problem and also in brushing basic C concepts

By Daniel S P

Jan 18, 2020

I am so proud of myself that I can get past this course. I'm so thankful for this course to give me a piece of knowledge about basic programming in c. I love it

By Brandon G

Apr 22, 2019

Great introduction to programming in C. This course sets up the foundation for being able to think about the steps that go into being a successful programmer.

By ABHISHEK N

Jul 24, 2020

This Coursera Course was best, must be learnt by each and every individual to get very strong knowledge in C and its programming algorithm. Thanks Coursera!!!

By Xuefei Z

Apr 30, 2020

This course is great! It teaches me from the fundamental programming skills, and helps me a lot. The examples in it is really interesting and vivd. Thank you!

By KALPAK B

Apr 23, 2020

Awesome course to learn basics of programming(specially in C) and algorithm construction.It is designed greatly so that we wouldn't get bored rather enjoy it.

By Stephen M M

Very wonderful insight and approach to learning the C programming Language. I feel so energized going forward. I want to become proficient in the C Language.

By Preeti

Apr 16, 2020

Best course to develop basic fundamental

I am enjoy a lot to study this course

My base is now clear and now I am analysis the problem how to solve the queation

By SHUBHANGI M

Sep 01, 2020

If you are new to the coding world and want to learn everything from the basics in a much clearer and interesting way, then this course is for you. Go ahead

By RAJEEV K

May 09, 2020

well organized course for beginners .Even You Want to start From starting that's a good course for u .

It will build your concept in c . Well done Good luck.

By Saurabh S

May 16, 2019

It is the best course to get programming fundamentals and algorithmic concepts. Since it's not the best course for learning the syntax and is for beginners.

By SOURAV C

Apr 21, 2019

I think Coursera is very good and it's teachers are teaching us very carefully. They solve difficult problems in very easy ways.So I gave Coursera 5 star.

By Hongru D

Jan 26, 2018

Very fundamental C programming course, learned basic program reading method, different data type and physical storage in computer(binary), if/else, loops.

By Платонова Е П

Aug 19, 2020

These courses helped me a lot as a beginner programmer. Through this course, I found a lot of information on the algorithmic approach to problem solving.

Dec 03, 2019

I'm extremely grateful to have an opportunity to learn through this course. It's extremely well structured and simplified. It was a very nice experience.

By Subhrangshu A

Oct 29, 2018

Satisfied with the course. Coursera is amazing. I have been enrolled to other online courses like NPTEL, Learnwise, EdX and none are as good as coursera.

By SHREYAAN P 2

Sep 25, 2020

it was very short, wanted more examples on enum and rather even for structs and def type. It would have been better if there was more practical session

By 106 A

Jun 15, 2020

I'm very happy, after complete this course, and I think I have some basic language skill that will help me further learning another programing language

By Ahmed A

Sep 03, 2019

I have studied C from a lot of different sources, but here in this course, I found the best method to learn C language , really thanks for your efforts

By Deekshith V

May 07, 2020

i have learnt the basics of programming, how to code in simple c language, and some basics methods to be followed.

By Lucien-Alexandre S

Jul 28, 2019

A wonderful course which helped me understand Computer Programming at a much deeper level than I ever did on my own through learning Web Development.