Back to Project Management: The Basics for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management: The Basics for Success by University of California, Irvine

This course combines the essential elements of Project Management and Team Leadership into one course. Through class engagement and reflection, you will acquire further understanding of the responsibilities of leadership and become better prepared to apply this knowledge to the project environment. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Learn about the role of high performance teams and leadership in project management 2. Learn about the tools and techniques for developing and strengthening high performance teams and team members 3. Learn about the stages in project cycle 4. Apply best practices to develop competencies and skills in planning and controlling projects to ensure successful outcomes 5. Learn how to monitor project activities and assess progress 6. Learn to communicate proficiently to report project status and performance to stakeholders and contribute to organizational knowledge base...

A

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

CW
Nov 19, 2016

Super overview of project management from start to finish and how to deliver successful project on time, on budget, and with desired quality along with ways to deal with technical and member issues a

76 - 100 of 1,756 Reviews for Project Management: The Basics for Success

By Mohammed A F

Jul 23, 2017

Learned essential things towards managing a project. I could visualize each and every thing the instructor was telling, as I have some experience in working with different teams and various projects. Verily, the course title suits the content of it.

By Dante L C C

Jan 31, 2016

Great course, presented in a clear an professional manner. Good examples and pointing to proper additional material.

I just do not understand why the work load in the last week is very large compared to the three previous weeks. Still, I enjoyed it.

By gizem g

Nov 20, 2020

Bu kurs ileriki hayatımda seçeçeğim bölüm ile ilgili ve bende bu konuda eğitim almak istedim . Böyle değerler profösörden ve değerli bir okuldan sertifika aldıgım için çok mutluyum. bana çok şey kattığını düşünüyorum. hersey için teşekkür ederim.

By Sabina D

Jun 18, 2020

Good insightful course with great content and well-thought-out presentation by instructor Rob Stone. it very useful for everyone at all levels of organization for a successful project or task management and execution. Thank you Rob, UCI & Coursera!

By Chukwuemeka O

Nov 17, 2016

I indeed acquired a detailed set of structured knowledge from a very practical perspective, this has given me a different perception and better approach to translate actions and activities around me especially in projects.

Special thanks to Coursera

By Maria G

I can apply the knowledge from this course not only in my Professional life but also in my daily activities like planning family activities or house projects. Also, the course gives a clear understanding of what Project Management is really about.

By Godson G

May 9, 2017

Course and the facilitators are really good and easy to understand. The concepts and training material is planned very well and laid out in a structural manner. Excellent course for anyone who wants to understand the concepts of Project Management

By Julia T O

Aug 23, 2018

It has been wonderful taking this course with Prof Rob Stone. He is a good teacher and I benefitted maximally from this course. I will definately be recommending this course to my friends and family as I am sure they will also gain a lot from it.

By WILLIAM T T S

Nov 6, 2019

Know how to deal with difficult people and focus on the scope of the project. The video also come with English subtitle. They also provide the transcript that it's useful for me to go through again. This course helped me to fill out the gaps.

By Lura H

Aug 13, 2020

Taught practical tools for project management and outlined how to be an effective leader and how to think of problems and risks and manage them before they happen. I feel this course provided me with the tools to successfully manage projects.

By Danielle D T

Dec 8, 2019

Really enjoyed the professor and his personal insights on project management. He seemed very knowledgeable and experienced. I appreciated all of the extra example he made part of the lessons. Found a lot of useful take-aways from the course.

By Ricardo A V M

Sep 16, 2015

If you are newbie in this field, this course is the one to start learning the basics on PMs and relating the vocabulary for Project Managers into the daily basis activities. No matter what you do, always there is something useful to apply.

By Nourhan J

Jun 27, 2019

Thank you so much for this amazing course, it helped me a lot to get to know what project management is all about. I also wanna say that Rob is an amazing instructor, he has a sense of humor hidden right there!

I really loved the course!

By RUBEN D M O

May 13, 2016

Realmente una gran experiencia haber realizado este curso, me gusta aprender cada día para mi entorno de trabajo que es la logística tengo que decir que me ayuda mucho a crecer y conocer campos en los que mejorar personal y profesional.

By Melanie W

Apr 24, 2018

A fantastic course on the key elements and tools for Project Management! I especially appreciate the leadership section on dealing with difficult situations. All very informative, helpful and insightful! Thank you, Professor Stone!

By Antonio P

Aug 19, 2018

I like the content, I only wish the source of the information was more up to date instead of from 2009 and 2013. It is 2018 moving to 2019 where information should be more current. However it was a great course. Thank you Rob Stone.

By Michelle P F

Nov 9, 2020

Thank you to the Department of Science and Technology Philippines, Coursera, University of California, Irvine Extension and instructor, Mr. Rob Stone for this opportunity to improve my project management and team leadership skills.

By Feynman

May 10, 2019

A unique lesson on project management to encourage people and guide people on how to control your project and lead the team. It also can be used for managing the works and your life as a tool. A good class to make career step in!

By Hugo d O B

Dec 10, 2016

Curso muito amplo e abrange as muitas áreas de gerência e projetos com clareza e objetividade, além de apresentar exemplos e casos práticos. Unica ressalva é na distribuição dos módulos, que acho que poderiam ser mais equalizados.

By Luis E M

Jan 30, 2017

Great course. Aside from the Career Success specialization I am looking into a Project Management specialization. This course has really given me an indicator of what my next continued education specialization will be. Thank you.

By Mohamed M

Dec 31, 2015

Excellent Loved it ! It doesnt cover all topics involved ofcourse but it was right for me . I just wanted to enhance my knowledge on the basics since i was learning Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management .

By Fernando R M M

Nov 17, 2016

Excellent course, the teacher develops really well his contents besides being really nice and captivating during his lessons. I'd recommend this course 100% to anyone willing to get a solid foundation on project management.

By Yaser A B

Jan 14, 2016

Really helpful for the beginners and professionals , Instructor is really knows what he is teaching and is really professional. I recommend this course to all the people looking for guidelines regarding Project Management.

By Stéphane C

Sep 25, 2020

This course will give you the keys to start your project with the good bases.Professor Stone's explanations are very clears, he will give you tools and examples to keep your project on track and to solve issues when occur

By Satyam K

Sep 20, 2020

It is a very good course for a person who has started a new business/who are already a business men, to increase the knowledge and skill for project management.

As a student I hope it will give a positive affect on my CV.