Back to Project Management Project

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management Project by University of California, Irvine

This capstone project is designed to allow you to take the knowledge you have gained through the Specialization and put that knowledge into practice. In the capstone, you will create several of the key planning deliverables that have been discussed in these courses and either work on a project you choose or use a suggested case study. You will begin the capstone project by writing part of the project charter. You will build on that information to define your project, and then ultimately create a schedule, budget and responses for the risks you identify. The goal is for you to use what you have learned in the previous courses and to perform your own research on how to best move forward with the capstone project. Your work will be peer reviewed by your classmates. In turn you will peer review the work of other classmates. Instructions on how to conduct peer reviews will be included in the course. Upon completing this series, you will be able to (1) write a narrative charter statement, (2) create a work breakdown structure, (3) sequence project activities,(4) build a project schedule, (5) create a project budget, (6) create a responsibility assignment matrix, (7) identify project risks and (8) define responses for those risks. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Write a narrative charter statement 2. Create a work breakdown structure 3. Sequence project activities 4. Build a project schedule 5. Create a project budget 6. Create a responsibility assignment matrix 7. Identify project risks and define responses for those risks...

PG
Oct 6, 2019

I have been enriched through this course. I feel like a better PM and I believe with the knowledge and skills I have acquired by taking this course, I will manage my projects more professionally.

AS
Jan 17, 2017

A fantastic course, whether or not previous knowledge was there the course really pushes the student to understand the concepts in their own manner.\n\nPerfect addition to my skillet, Thank you.

76 - 100 of 503 Reviews for Project Management Project

By Xinyi L

Love the capstone practice! It is very helpful to build my own project and review other colleagues' work. This course connects the other ones in the series perfectly.

By Tushar G

Mar 22, 2018

It gives a crisp insight into project management, and the capstone project is the icing on the cake. The project takes the level of understanding to an all new level.

By Steph L

Apr 27, 2016

I think the capstone is a really good technique to put everything I've learned from this specialization into real-life use. I understand it even better now. Thank you

By Beverly R L

Apr 29, 2019

I enjoyed participating in this course, and completing the capstone. It is great to apply the skills you have learned because it makes you remember the activities.

By ChunTang L

Oct 25, 2016

It is a very course. I learned a lot of project management knowledge, also I applied it in a practice project, which helped me learn and remember all the knowledge.

By Natsuko K

Jul 28, 2021

I liked the course a lot since I learned a lot from works submitted from the peers. Some peers made impressive capstone projects. The course was well structured.

By Sanjay S

Oct 4, 2020

This portion could actually give complete clarity in the steps of PMP. After this stage I am ready to go as the ssignment has given a real boost to my confidence

By Guillermo G

Apr 17, 2020

Great crash course in PM. It is able to summarize the key concepts in a clear and understandable manner, and the last module (Capstone project) is really useful.

By Olha K

Dec 17, 2019

Thank you for this course! It was a great opportunity to use all the theory in practice. It was a bit challenging and interesting! I liked it a lot! Thank you!

By Mohamed N H

Feb 8, 2016

Really miss Margret spend a lot of effort and give us her experience on plate of gold

i really enjoyed this course and learn very useful and usable information

By León D J R

Aug 15, 2020

It was a challenging course. It is a must if you have done the previous project management courses. Be sure of getting the supplementary material if you can.

By Jean B M

Feb 27, 2021

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy. It was a very good experience learning this project management project.

By Milcah W K

May 7, 2020

The project was engaging and challenging but definitely interesting to complete. Thanks to Mel and everyone who contributed to the success of this course!

By Mohit A

Jul 25, 2020

It really built confidence in me. My peers built confidence in me by reviewing my capstone and giving quite good marks. I again want to thanks, everyone.

By Lisa A

Feb 19, 2020

Thanks for the great material! This was a great way to build some basic project management skills. I really enjoyed Margaret! She was a great instructor.

By Andrea

Jan 31, 2017

An excellent opportunity to put what we'd learned into practice. There's nothing like actually performing a new process for checking your understanding.

By Jitendra C

Jun 3, 2016

Capstone really helped me apply all the learning from the course and helped me understand how to practically work on each element of project management.

By Jose C A

Feb 8, 2016

Great Final Project. It's just the right amount of work to put into good used everything learned on the previous courses. It really ties everything down

By Hans E C S

Sep 30, 2020

The capstone project is really great! You have to spend more time to create your very own project. This will give you meaningful and impactful course.

By M. Z A

Sep 30, 2016

I like all of the content and this course provide me to understand the management of a project. This was my first e-learning action and i loved this.

By Mark A G

Aug 14, 2016

The capstone provides a good opportunity to apply the material from previous courses. Very well organized, and grading is fairly prompt. Thanks.

By T. A A

Apr 20, 2020

I loved this class. and unlike the other classes ive taken, you can tell that your peers are really looking at your work to give honest feedback

By John S

Jan 7, 2021

An excellent course for anyone who wants to take a taste of what needs to be done from the early stages of creating a project to its completion.

By julie b

Jun 27, 2017

Really liked the mix of media presented. It kept it interesting and relevant to me. Tools as well as tips are very practical knowledge to have.

By Jyothi P S B

Jul 4, 2016

This is a unique experience of learning. You learn the concepts and practice them by project and reviewing others project. This is really good.