Back to Foundations of Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Project Management by Google

LD

Aug 11, 2021

I loved this course. It was so informative. I took a lot of notes and hope to implement everything I've learned in real-life instances. I look forward to advancing professionally as a project manager.

SO

Apr 11, 2022

So much information was packaged in this course but it was so well organized and delivered that I was compelled to complete every segment. Well timed quizzes helped to ensure my comprehension as well.

6926 - 6950 of 7,693 Reviews for Foundations of Project Management

By Julio E G A

Apr 7, 2021

By Chaitanya K

May 16, 2021

The Foundations of Project Management is a fantastic course. It covers the meaning of project, project manager, project management, teams, cross-functional teams, organization, organization culture and impact of project managers on organization in detail. The course busts myths related to project management and skills needed for project manager. The course then, in subsequent weeks, elaborates on approaches in managing a project. The course provides detailed insights on Waterfall and Agile methods. Course also gives information about Lean and Six Sigma methodology. Lastly, they have a dedicated a whole week on organization culture. The course equips you with appropriate knowledge and questions which you should ask before joining the organization. It helps you in longer run of life. Overall, this is fantastic course. The instructor has deep knowledge of the subject, the language is easy to understand, the resources are crafted in detail, the exercises helps you in retaining the important concepts. I believe, more exercises and a bit of working on UI can take this course on a next level.

By Roxana A S

Apr 12, 2021

I very much enjoyed this class. Some of the concepts were new to me but I found it easy to understand and retain them thanks to the well conceived and presented videos and associated reading materials. One part that I found a little confusing is the section about the change management. I think it might help if a distinction would be made between what change management means when one manages a project within it's own company versus an outside client. Also, we are told that the final phase of the project is "close the project". Nothing there says that one should also care about change management. Importantly, complete and successful adoption of a project can require time and additional resources. Again, not a word about this in the description of any of the "classical" phases of the project management. Shouldn't one plan and budget the implementation of the tasks associated with change management? And just how far should one should go with supporting change management and project adoption? Perhaps some clarifications would be helpful in the future? Many thanks for a great class! :-)

By raphael n

Apr 14, 2021

I really enjoyed the course. Very didactic and in some points even deeper than I expected for an introductory course. despite the complementary materials and case studies, I feel that there is a lack of material such as a handout or ebook with more information, reports and curiosities. Even so, the course is of a high level, I was very satisfied.

Realmente disfruté el curso. Muy didáctico y en algunos puntos incluso más profundo de lo que esperaba para un curso introductorio. a pesar de los materiales complementarios y los estudios de casos, siento que falta material como un folleto o un libro electrónico con más información, informes y curiosidades. Aun así, el curso es de un alto nivel, quedé muy satisfecho.

Gostei muito do curso. Bem didático e em alguns pontos até mais profundo do que eu esperava para um curso de introdução. apesar dos materias complementares e estudos de caso, sinto que falta um material como uma apostila ou ebook com mais informações, reportagens e curiosidades. Mesmo assim o curso é de alto nível, fiquei muito satisfeito.

By Shaun S

May 16, 2022

I would like to see some technical changes to the course. I read faster than the video, so I would like to be able to click complete when I am done reading instead of having to wait for the video to play, I like reading the transcript better. I also don't think that the posting and replying does much for the course. Most people are just doing basic replies to receive credit without much true thoughts about what they are saying. It is not creating dialogue, just checking a box. Most people take online courses because of the lack of availability in their schedule. We want to communicate when we need it, an optional message board with questions and answers would be more suitable, so those that need it can have it and those that don't can progress. The material in the program was insightful, some things were redundant, but I am assuming that is for repitition so that that people will absorb the information.

By Victoria H

May 20, 2022

O​verall it is a great course. It gave me a clear idea of what Project Management means, what are the core aspects of being a PM and how Project Managers fit in an Organization. The videos and texts persent essencial information in a clear way and I liked that we had some extra material to read.

W​hat didn't completly work for me was the Forum and the optional actitivies we should place there. It is a good idea that we should write some concepts, expectations, make some research, because it of course adds up to what we are learning but it felt like nobody is really reading or paying attention to the forums so that felt like a waste of time at some point. I've never done a course 100% online and I am really happy with this one, I will definitly recommend it.

By Marina O

Jan 4, 2022

This course contains fundamental ideas in project management. The ideas would sound very basic to experienced managers. But they are really useful to beginners and less experienced managers who have no prior education in this field. The material is explained in a very thourough way and in a good, interesting language (to me as a non-native speaker the vocabulary was really useful, I was writing down new vocabulary - good for improving the level of my English).

The small quizzes withing the lessons were too easy. Some questions did not require any knowlenge, just common sence. The final tests were more interesting, but still I would want more difficult tests.

By Tanya T

Jun 16, 2022

Overall, I loved this course. In some cases it was a good review of information I already knew. It put names to things that I was aware of in practice, but didn't know they had a formal names. It introduced new information and perspectives that I wasn't aware of or hadn't thought of. I wasn't a fan of the community engagement component, but that is purely a personal preference, I am aware of the huge value that it can provide (I'm glad it was optional). I would have liked to see it dig more into influencing without authority, and how to manage teams that you don't have the luxury of selecting yourself.

By Shirley P

Apr 12, 2022

Good, detailed overview with relevant content that can be applied in all industries. I appreciated being able to review content for assignments and for the varied templates. It would be great if this course could develop into modules that are geared toward more specific industries, such as software development or E-learning development. That way, the examples and assignments are directly applicable and one could even build their portfolio examples for the industry they work in, or want to work in. Overall a great value course. Thank you.

By Noorah C

Dec 1, 2021

I absolutely enjoyed this course and everything it had to offer. Project management has such a vast application that i think everybody should atleast do this foundation course. Google has a unique way of making you learn and i enjoyed every bit of it. I would give 5 stars to the team.

However to be honest the vertificate looks a little dodgy and childish. You invest so many hours of your time, i wish Coursera would make a more presentable certificate in the future. Something you could prodbly display at an interview.

By Tracy F

Aug 30, 2021

Loved the course design and information, though some of it is commonsense. Wish there was an easier way to see if classmates have responded. Posts got buried quickly and I didn't see a way to quickly go back to them without scrolling through. The only other complaint isn't as much about the course as the "scholarship program." Project Management is a six-part course, and the scholarship apparently only covers one part, so the rest of it is something you have to pay for.

By Melissa M

Jan 17, 2022

Great information! If you are new to project management, this is a great beginner course for you. The videos are informative and the course has a great amount of resources listed outside of the certificate that you can refer to as well. My only complaint is that I wish there were more case studies and interactive study modules. I am more of a visual and hands on learner. Seeing these topics being used in the real world and the interactive exercises helps a lot.

By Jabari B

Apr 17, 2022

I appreaciated the thoroughness and polished style of this presented course, from the excercises to the forums to deadline reminders to personal accounts given by actual Google employees. Speaking of personal accounts, what I would have liked to have seen in at least ONE of the videos from the employees was an account of a failed project and what was learned from it. And not necessarily a project at Google itself, but somewhere in their previous work history.

By Kathleen K

May 26, 2021

The variety of information via video lectures, readings, and personal testimonials was enlightening and encouraging. I could see the course was trying to appeal to all kinds of audience members to encourage a safe learning space, especially for those who may be older and completely new to project management. Course lives up to its name. It is foundational, borderline basic. Would have loved more depth of information even in this introductory course.

By PW L

Nov 12, 2021

This course is normally about some concept and structure of project management, for the basic knowladge, not too hard to leran. otherwise, I like the example illustration during the course, which is easy for me to immurse myself into the sanario and learn it quickly. The arrangement of the course schadule is loose and I can finish in one week, so excited about that! hopefully I can keep learning about project management in the future days.

By Laura L

Nov 19, 2021

The organization of the course, videos, and variety of materials was superb. The reason I gave it 4 stars is because there was a little too much redundancy in places and the quiz questions were good, not great. The questions were low level depth of knowledge. Although I like the idea of the discussion area forcing me to put my thoughts down in writing, I couldn't figure out how to see if someone replied to any of my comments.

By Diaa A

Feb 18, 2022

The course has a lot of good content but is let down by its graded quizzes. The lectures, readings, and experiences from project managers are very good. I would've liked if there were case studies. The graded quizzes weren't challenging and didn't require much thought which was disappointing. I would've preferred something more applied or detailed case with graded options on what to do on this case from initiation to delivery.

By Susanna S

Oct 13, 2021

I found this course very helpful in getting an overview of project management, it's purpose, methodologies and value within organizations. The video content and learning materials were very good. It would have been great to have been offered the option to download the learning materials as a PDF to keep. I look forward to completing the other 5 modules of the course and am keen to obtain my first role in project management.

By Tina C

Feb 28, 2022

Positives, I am learning so much about project management. This gives me a new appreciation to all the project managers in the work force or who has retired. A​s much as I like the course, I think a lot of the information given is redundant and can be given in a more straightforward format. The videos are a nice touch however, would like the option to skip over them if I read the content of the video.

By Annalee J

Aug 20, 2021

This was a great tool for someone with absolutely no experience in PM. It was brought to my attention as a way to add authority as a Google Partner with our Agency - in that regard 90% of the course was redundant information for me. I anticipate the following course to be more beneficial in helping to stay abreast of best practices across industries and perhaps different means of engaging with a team.

By Matteo B

Apr 24, 2021

I didn't expect to learn so much from the first course and find it so interesting. Many notions learned were similar to the knowledge I already had, but I was able to further expand the information regarding the world of the Project Manager. I was amazed by the types of business organization and all the technical thermiology of the course..There really is a world behind any job and this is super cool!

By SALAH M E

Jul 25, 2021

Je tiens vraiment à saluer toute l'équipe qui a participer à la réussite de cette formation en fournissant des efforts considérables.

Je vous pris d'enrichir cette formation encore plus par d'autres cas pratique (un Mini Projet Virtuel) dans lesquels les notions apprises durant les cours seront appliqués d'une manière mesurable (Tableaux, Représentations graphiques, ...etc).

Bonne Continuation.