Back to Project Planning: Putting It All Together

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Planning: Putting It All Together by Google

This is the third course in the Google Project Management Certificate program. This course will explore how to map out a project in the second phase of the project life cycle: the project planning phase. You will examine the key components of a project plan, how to make accurate time estimates, and how to set milestones. Next, you will learn how to build and manage a budget and how the procurement processes work. Then, you will discover tools that can help you identify and manage different types of risk and how to use a risk management plan to communicate and resolve risks. Finally, you will explore how to draft and manage a communication plan and how to organize project documentation. Current Google project managers will continue to instruct and provide you with hands-on approaches for accomplishing these tasks while showing you the best project management tools and resources for the job at hand. Learners who complete this program should be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as project managers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Describe the components of the project planning phase and their significance. - Explain why milestones are important and how to set them. - Make accurate time estimates and describe techniques for acquiring them from team members. - Identify tools and best practices to build a project plan and risk management plan. - Describe how to estimate, track, and maintain a budget. - Explain the procurement process and identify key procurement documentation. - Draft a communication plan and explain how to manage it. - Explain why milestones are important and how to set them. - Explain why a project plan is necessary and what components it contains. - Make accurate time estimates and describe techniques for acquiring them from team members....

JR
Jul 2, 2021

Google vision of the Project Management career is something that I enjoy learning. They are fresh, actual and inclusive, maintaining the discipline and organization required for Project Managers

NT
Jul 4, 2021

The steps are clearly laid out and there are templates provided. I also like how they added talks from Google program managers to describe how they put the same topics discussed into practice.

326 - 350 of 378 Reviews for Project Planning: Putting It All Together

By mohamed k

Jun 6, 2021

good

By UMESH T

Jul 29, 2021

na

By Jann N

Aug 29, 2021

By Jenifer A

Sep 7, 2021

This course is well done and I learned a lot! I have only a two negative points to comment, which are the extension of the course (it could be a bit shorter), and about the questions of last test of the 5th week, I found it a little discrepant with the course last week content. All in all, I congratulate the Google employees for effort and the beautiful job they made for us to learn. I appreciate the opportunitie and look forward to begin the 4th course. Thank you!

By ASHENAFI A

Oct 15, 2021

i am understan from this course mainy things like risk managment,project planing,effective communication and Best practices for building a communication plan so i learn and important expriance inside lead the projects.for instance in the launching the project and end of the project i understand how to communicate with the stackhoolders and clients and how to minimaise the risk in side the project team.

By Christopher M G

Jun 9, 2021

Content was great, and very informative. Beware, though; some of your peer-reviewed projects will be marked down needlessly by unnecessarily competitive peers. Additionally, some of the test answers are beginning to only line up tangentially with the course material, and instead feel more like "guess what I'm thinking" questions.

By Melinda D

May 17, 2021

I really appreciate the practical parts of this course - I learned a lot while doing the excercises. I only felt that this course was much harder and that it didnt prepare me as good for the final quizes like the other courses before.

By Sally M W

Jun 23, 2021

Very informative, but I needed more help and guidance on some of the forms with more explaination. Need more than quick overview of how to create a chart before having to be graded on having to do by ourselves. Just a suggestion.

By Erika S

May 13, 2021

I really enjoyed this course! I was able to evaluate myself on what I already knew and how much more I needed to learn about communicating and effective communication with project management.

By Liliana G n H

Apr 29, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. It gave a great amount of detail and provided very useful templates and scenarios that really help you understand the theory in real-life examples.

By Ivan L R

Apr 6, 2021

Great content and information on risk management, budgeting and effective communication. Some of the activities were a bit confusing and needed more information or context.

By Vandhana S

Jul 10, 2021

can reduce the number of peer graded assignments and replace with more practice challenges

the duration of videos can be cut into small pieces rather than 12 min long ones

By jessica c

Oct 12, 2021

I am not a fan of the peer graded assignments. I fear that the grading is biased and based solely on the grasp of that learners understanding of the course content.

By Sumitra P

May 30, 2021

Rowena, is a good instructor. In these 3 courses which I have competed till now, this 3rd course I understood very well. Good explanation with good examples.

By Isaac P

Apr 1, 2021

Nice course. Have to improve the test where multiple-choice questions can have more weigtrh in final score that it represent as single question

By Stephanie B

Sep 12, 2021

T​he course was interesting and very informative however, there were some technical issues that occured which made me delay my overall work.

By Den G

Aug 26, 2021

Week 1-4 were great. Week 5 could have been summed up in 2 videos and 2 reading material course work. Week 5 was dragged unfortunately.

By Rionne O

Sep 3, 2021

I love the activities for each lesson/course, it's an opportunity to apply what you have learned right away.

By K K K

Jun 11, 2021

I would request to add at least one real time case studies which will be helpful to relate

By Shannan H

Jun 14, 2021

T​here was a lot of information in this course but at times did not seem to link together

By Vikas K

Aug 8, 2021

Really helpful in providing the skills and knowledge for Project Management role

By Alina C

Jul 7, 2021

This one was a little tedious but relayed useful and important information.

By Tony B

Jun 28, 2021

Very well executed Training Plan! I love the format of this training!

By abdul t

Jun 8, 2021

This was a great chapter and a bit harder than the previous once.

By Sherry G K

Sep 21, 2021

It was a little challenging but got through it. Learned a lot.