Back to Project Planning: Putting It All Together

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Planning: Putting It All Together by Google

This is the third course in the Google Project Management Certificate program. This course will explore how to map out a project in the second phase of the project life cycle: the project planning phase. You will examine the key components of a project plan, how to make accurate time estimates, and how to set milestones. Next, you will learn how to build and manage a budget and how the procurement processes work. Then, you will discover tools that can help you identify and manage different types of risk and how to use a risk management plan to communicate and resolve risks. Finally, you will explore how to draft and manage a communication plan and how to organize project documentation. Current Google project managers will continue to instruct and provide you with hands-on approaches for accomplishing these tasks while showing you the best project management tools and resources for the job at hand. Learners who complete this program should be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as project managers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Describe the components of the project planning phase and their significance. - Explain why milestones are important and how to set them. - Make accurate time estimates and describe techniques for acquiring them from team members. - Identify tools and best practices to build a project plan and risk management plan. - Describe how to estimate, track, and maintain a budget. - Explain the procurement process and identify key procurement documentation. - Draft a communication plan and explain how to manage it. - Explain why milestones are important and how to set them. - Explain why a project plan is necessary and what components it contains. - Make accurate time estimates and describe techniques for acquiring them from team members....

JR
Jul 2, 2021

Google vision of the Project Management career is something that I enjoy learning. They are fresh, actual and inclusive, maintaining the discipline and organization required for Project Managers

NT
Jul 4, 2021

The steps are clearly laid out and there are templates provided. I also like how they added talks from Google program managers to describe how they put the same topics discussed into practice.

26 - 50 of 470 Reviews for Project Planning: Putting It All Together

By Paul-Marius N B

Nov 19, 2021

Very useful, very well put together, with a lot of activities and examples to really share knowledge. And the other students in this course were very useful fo offer new perspective. Thank you for this great course. With this cession of the certificate, you can now have a better view of what is really project management and all it implicates. You can quickly understand that it is really a team effort, and you are merely a "chef d'orchestre".

By Thomas K

Apr 9, 2021

The organization of the content is excellent with a variety of videos, readings, quizzes, and activities. The material covered is perfect for a project manager or really anyone wanting to "bring order to chaos". Even on topics that I am already familiar with, there is always a small additional nugget of information that adds a new perspective or tool for my work. I'm deeply appreciative for the thoughtful way this has been put together.

By MOHANEESH U

Jun 6, 2021

Some concepts were really new to me like SMART, the P.A.R.I.S resume formula. There were many thing I did not know and this course provided me exactly what I wanted. It is a great course. I will advice students to take notes frequently when you take up this course it will be very helpful in actual project documentation. Maybe you are stuckup with something and can't find a way out, well your notes will lead you through.

By Vicky Y C

Jul 22, 2021

I came from marketing background so a lot of knowledge in the course is something I've already known from years of working experience, but it is still good to go through it and relearn in an organised way, Plus to get a certificate to put on resume.

This course provide solid knowledge and good practice on the assignments though the real world project planning is way complicated and a lot of roadblocks.

By Liam M

Mar 28, 2021

Fantastic course. Very detailed and was really good in detailing document organising, planning and budgeting, risk management, exemplar documents and lots more. Also really good advice around job hunting and CV building, which I wasn't expecting from this course. I'm not currently looking for a new job but can see how the advice is extremely helpful to anyone that is.

By Shivani B

Oct 17, 2021

The project itself is expansive and getting in phases requires great amount expertise, knowledge and understanding.

The planning phase has been explained very clearly and related assignments provides a vivid picture along with relevant work exercises makes it even better. This will tie all the required to make it possible to get a grip on Project Planning phase.

By Dhwanit J

Sep 19, 2021

It is an great initiative by coursera to provide this course and it is really great for those who are new to the project management as well as the experienced one too.

Google Project Management is one of the leading practices for the people who want their career in the project management domain.

Thanks & Regards,

Dhwanit Joshi

By Jianglin L

Nov 26, 2021

T​his course is very helpful even for those who have experience in managing projects. Planning is a part that might be ignored for a project. But how well a project is planned will impact significantly the efficiency and the outcome of a project.

T​he templates Google shared are quite useful. Thank you.

By Jeanie I

Oct 21, 2021

Super helpful, useful and necessary not just for work projects but also for personal life, too. I wish my high school had taught the foundations and techniques of project management 20+ years ago. This should be required curriculum for public schools so students can plan their own success in life.

By Jose S

Sep 28, 2021

Excellent course, very friendly, its content quite complete and easy to understand, the practical exercises complete the training a lot. The instructions are all excellent. Congratulations, it is perceived that they are excellent professionals and are 100% identified and committed to the company

By Tasha W

Jul 13, 2021

I LOVE that they don't just cover how to build a resume but they give a template and other great information on how to build the best resume. I rushed through it during the course but will certainly go back and create a more detailed resume at the end of the program. Thank you Google!

By Jocelyn D

Aug 15, 2021

I've loved these courses so far. The only thing I would add is when I'm watching the videos, I'm not able to reverse the video 10 seconds like most videos let you. That would be an awesome feature to add as sometimes I need to go back to listen to things the instructor talked about.

By Hector B

Nov 17, 2021

G​reat course on how to start putting all the initial plans together for a good start. There are many things here that one can learn. So many documents or artifacts to create. Ideal for anyone that has very little to no experience in what a true Project Manager should do.

By kevin f

Aug 25, 2021

Great course. There was a lot of information to absorb. I had a decent amount of business experience to draw from so that helped. And, this is going to give a good launching point to continue to excel and land a new career in project management. Thank you!

By Asmaa A

Jun 20, 2021

Fantastic course and a great instructor The quizes, documentations and working sheets were on point and the Glossary terms to download at the end of the course is just what was needed to complement the course. I wish if all courses have the same.

By Swaroop S

Jun 3, 2021

I was able to learn a lot of new concepts related to Risk management and Project planning. Although we have all planned several projects in our lifetime, this course added an extra layer of conscience to my ability to plan all my future projects.

By Valentin D

Sep 5, 2021

Best course I have ever taken (out of 20 or so). Filled with practical assignments and good examples. It is definitely a more time consuming course, but you will actually get your hands dirty with a lot of project management documents & skills.

By majed b

Nov 8, 2021

Excellent , I like the way this course is organized and addressed to students like me. I like the type and the quantity of the information it also addressed to me.

I love everyone patriciate in preparing this type of course, I love you Google

By Nampetch C

Jun 9, 2021

T​his course is useful and gave me understanding the important of project plans which is not only a schedule or timline. lot of valueable details and techniques make me better understand how to do project planning the right way. Recommended.

By Katherina

Apr 5, 2021

The course instructor (Sr. Program Manager), Rowena, is phenomenal. Google is on its way to revolutionizing what education should look like. The Coursera platform is beautiful and well-designed. Thank you so much for this experience.

By Jiljo J

Jul 10, 2021

Rowena explained the concepts very well and I could understand more about the planning phase of the project. With the Practical assignments it was a really nice experience to put it all together and achieve my goal of learning more.

By Shreyansh J

Apr 14, 2021

Hat's off, just amazing! It provides you with all the necessary tools to handle any project be it related to your family, life or business successfully. Thanks a million to all the team members who brought this course to life!

By Adrian P

Apr 4, 2021

The course was much more informational and heavier than the previous two. I have gained a lot of knowledge and it will be beneficial to revisit notes to ensure I remain up to date with the knowledge I have acquired.

By Mohamed S

May 11, 2021

This course is awesome, a lot of useful and detailed information, materials, and documents that prepares you for a role in project management.

Rowena the instructor is great at delivering the information smoothly.

By Carl H

Apr 4, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. It highlights the value of managing projects through correct processes and documentation, and helps give an understanding as to how to run projects with higher levels of success.