Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge

(842 Reviews)

introductory course

(675 Reviews)

PD

Jan 28, 2020

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

MH

Jun 24, 2020

This course provides some practical situation which enriches my acknowledgment about being a responsible in any project and it also helps me to understand the planning process management proficiently!

401 - 425 of 3,903 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Abhinav S

Aug 23, 2020

Very nice experience of knowledge gained and good practice of remembering the huge amount of theory part. Look forward to further courses for the specialization.

By Richard O K

Jun 19, 2020

The course was amazing. This short period has given me the opportunity to meet Gannt Excel and my company is excited that I have been able to learn that. Thanks.

By Abdelrhman H

Excellent course qualify the learner to know every detail of initiating and planing of project management

The right start is planing well lead to project success

By Christina Z

Nov 8, 2019

Great course! Very clear instruction with excellent visual aids and real-life case studies that helped me apply the concepts of initiating and planning projects.

By Sagar P

Nov 12, 2018

This course had a great way of learning the bases of project management. The course focuses not only the terms and definations but also has good examples of each

By Natali H

Oct 16, 2018

It was easy to learn all the concepts the way Margaret explains them, then reading the slides and the books, doing the case study and re-enforcing with the quiz.

By Sofja R

Jan 15, 2018

This course gives comprehensive understanding of the concept of project planning, I do recommend to start with it if you are planning to complete specialization.

By Dương V B

Jun 11, 2016

The knowledge which leturer provided is very useful and practical. I really like the way this course is designed, so easy to watch and understand. Thank so much!

By Елена С

Aug 11, 2021

Курс хорош как для новичков - помогает найти отправные точки проектного менеджмента - так и для тех, кто с опытом - помогает осмыслить все то, что уже делается.

By Marianne J S

Oct 25, 2020

Great additional learning for me. The lessons are delivered clearly and informatively. Hats off to our Instructor. Thank you so much for this great opportunity.

By Tania N

Jun 14, 2020

It's an excellent course for the beginners to know how to manage a project within very short time and in a well organized way. Thank to the Team of this course.

By Martynov A

Nov 30, 2021

Very informative. it is stated in simple, understandable language. I especially liked the interview with highly qualified specialists at the end of the course.

By Mir S A

Nov 26, 2021

Alhamdulillah! By the grace of Allah, Finally it's complete. It was a nice journey to doing this course and getting an idea about Project Initiating & Planing.

By Cheng L

Jul 1, 2021

This is my first trial in coursera, giving me an impressive commemoration of it, however, the video is not valid to my laptop, so I had to use the scriptures.

By Nageswarao R K

Apr 10, 2021

Hi

Via this course, I have gained good knowledge and understanding each and every point clearly,

I would like to say my hearty congratulations to Margaret Meloni

By Ashish K S

Apr 25, 2020

It gives me knowledge about project management, about stakeholders analysis & how I lead smaller as well as bigger project . Great course and compact syllabus.

By Ovenseri A

Feb 2, 2017

A very well laid out and presented course. Enjoyed every moment of study and gained really valuable knowledge and insight into project initiation and planning.

By Ismael S J

Oct 10, 2016

Thank you very much for all coursera has done for learners! this course has been an amazing experience so far, I'm looking forward to fishing the others steps!

By José F V C

Oct 7, 2020

It is compeletly clear the instructor's noticeable experience as a professor and as project manager. The bonus videos, giving very useful examples, are great.

By Uchenna O

Apr 13, 2020

this course is very interesting and helps one to understand the PMBOK body of knowledge better, it also instrumental for future project managers in the future

By Tegbar A T

Jan 7, 2017

I highly recommend this course. It gave me a stable foundation of knowledge that I believe I can confidently tackle the next module in this series of courses.

By Mercedes E C

Dec 17, 2016

Excelente curso, muy bien estructurado y la profesora muy profesional y con excelente manejo del contenido. Lo disfrute bastante, muchas gracias por el curso.

By Kifner R M Q

Dec 28, 2020

Good introductory course to project management and PMBOK. I can honestly say that I learned new things especially on structures and guidelines for a project.

By Robert S

Sep 15, 2020

Course really helped me to understand basics and main points of initiating and planning projects. Course was very informative, as well as easy to understand.

By Luis M

Aug 14, 2020

It is very complete, but at the same time concise. It summarizes the concepts in a friendly way, and gives a general overview of what project management is.