Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

PI
Nov 25, 2020

Por error en la encuesta presione very dissatisfied, pero en realidad estoy muy satisfecho y contento con el curso, aprendí bastante aunque me tomó un poco más de tiempo por cuestiones externas, 10/10

OU
Mar 26, 2018

This is absolutely worth everything that I invested into this course. And I do not mind studying it all over again! I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn project management. Thank you Margaret.

2926 - 2950 of 3,410 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Timothy P J

Sep 10, 2016

Great class. Very practical knowledge. I wish I would have taken this class earlier in my career.

By Catherine M

Apr 14, 2016

Presenter was easy to listen to and having the additional exercises helped understand the material.

By Christopher H

Oct 28, 2020

I greatly enjoyed the Week 6 panelists' comments. I hope to see similar content in future modules.

By Beatriz M

Oct 20, 2020

I enjoyed it! But it would have been nice to get feeback from exercises or have access to examples

By Arben K

Sep 13, 2016

The course is very good but they should not promote that much the PMBOK. It is extremely annoying.

By Ahmed M G A

Nov 11, 2019

Very simple and to the point and very suitable for understanding the basics of Project management

By Tyree K

Nov 15, 2016

A good intro to project management, does not dig deep on concepts, focuses more on familiarizing.

By Jitendra p

Nov 29, 2020

The course is designed in a very simple and lucid way which makes it easy to learn and complete.

By Fernando N

Oct 4, 2020

Very good course for introduction in project management. Maybe more real examples would be grat.

By Santosh R

Jun 14, 2020

This course really help me to understand different process involved in initial phase of project.

By Nicola M

Apr 8, 2020

Really interesting and formative. I did this course over a couple of days when I wasn't working.

By Daniel O A

Apr 6, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It boosted my insight into managing projects and solving conflicts

By Sarah F

Nov 7, 2016

Good course for understanding the basics of project management! Good teacher and good materials.

By Ricardo C A

Sep 24, 2020

E general muy buen curso, excelente introduccion a la gerencia de pryectos con casos practicos.

By Carlos G M Á

Nov 4, 2016

Genial visión general, hace falta al menos abarcar brevemente todas las areas de conocimiento.

By PRISCILA P S

Jun 10, 2020

Es muy bueno el curso, pero tomar en cuenta que se trata de una versión anterior del PMBook.

By Abdulaziz E

May 16, 2016

An essential help for those who are determined to gain enough insight on project management.

By Emilio R

Sep 29, 2015

I like this course , iit's full of good information about projects managment

Thaks coursera !

By Lisa C

Nov 23, 2020

I found this course helpful. It does emphasize common sense while being a project manager.

By laura

Dec 9, 2019

The sequence of the teaching content seemed to me a bit confusing. Thanks for the learning.

By Zun E P

Jan 16, 2017

This course is very helpful. Makes me think of the possible constraints and how to resolve.

By Giorgi B

Oct 31, 2017

The course is really nice, especially the video session... quite small but very efficient!

By Kale M G

Apr 30, 2020

It was an interesting course and providing the skills that I was seeking to have from it.

By Deionici W

Jun 20, 2016

Great course! Great instruction with ability to apply real life situations with examples.

By Jessica P

Apr 28, 2020

Great class, very informative and well-paced. Perfect as an intro to project management.