Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

OU

Mar 27, 2018

This is absolutely worth everything that I invested into this course. And I do not mind studying it all over again! I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn project management. Thank you Margaret.

DS

Nov 20, 2017

It was very helpful for me to understand what the project management is. I am just thinking about starting this new career path and i was feeling comfortable in this field during the learning process.

101 - 125 of 2,122 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Samiul H C

May 23, 2020

The course was really initiative and it helped me in recolecting a lot of techniques and terms from my Business school. Hope there are more simillar courses that can improve your skills for carrer building and a lot more insights on reality.

By Michelle M

Aug 01, 2017

Great coverage of the early phases of a project. I'd like to see the content reference PMBOK for newbies, but this course does a nice job of developing awareness and understanding of the Initiating & Planning Phases of the Project ifecycle.

By Noor M M

I have really enjoyed this course and learnt a lot from worthy instructor and grasp adequate knowledge to initiate project as well as planning process. The Panelists videos are amazing to get knowledge from the experienced project managers.

By Jopaul P V

May 12, 2020

Its a great platform to study , to learn many new subjects , many new topics which is very useful for the Professional Career

I Thank all the team members who provides such a useful and Grateful platform for all Professionals and Students.

By LIYANA A I G F S

Feb 11, 2020

Excellent and thank you very much. really appreciate everyone for working hard and your time and attention.

Education is for everybody and your organization has gone an extra mile to help everyone with the knowledge to make this world grate.

By Miguel P

Aug 10, 2018

It is a very nice course to get an idea of Project Management and how to deal with the different situations that you could have to face on your day-to-day activities during the Project development. Very helpful and quite easy to understand.

By Dmitry E

Sep 02, 2015

Project management is usually associated with nervous activities and hard emotional states of participants but Margaret Meloni shows that it can be calm and smooth with excellent and clear explanations! It's amazing, she changed my mind!!!

By Amrit B

Jan 17, 2018

Great place to learn the application of the theoretical concepts that are given in PMBOK. The bonus lecture were great and the expert interviews also gave an insight into the project management practices followed by top level executives.

By Hilla P

Jan 14, 2017

I needed this course to more understand the work my organization deals with. now I have the knowledge i need to assist my manager in preparing and understanding the stakeholders, scope and human resources in planning our future projects.

By AKSHAY N

Apr 02, 2020

This course is a must try tour of insights in project management specially initiating and planning for all project managers, each lesson will deeply make you understand the importance of role and responsibilities of the project manager.

By Akbar F

Nov 28, 2019

Very inspiring. I recently know how to planning project in detail with step-by-step. Previously I did some project management just go with the flow, without solid and rough planning. But, after this, I will do based on the lesson learn.

By Luccas K

Sep 30, 2016

This introductory course was amazing. It exceeded all my expectations about it. The course is developed for a smooth growth of knowledge through the weeks. The videos and the interactive material helps the student to learn more easily.

By Jafed E

Jul 06, 2019

By Mark A C

Dec 11, 2015

Fast moving course. Covered a lot of material quickly. I took this course as a refresher since I have managed a number of large projects in the past bit do not have a pmi certification. I learned some things! I glad I spent the time.

By Joy N

Mar 23, 2020

The course structure has been extremely flexible , allowing me to study at my convenience. It has also simplified the complexity of studying and understanding PM. This course has also greatly enhanced my career opportunities .

By Muhammad B H

This is a good course to learn project management with very detailed information and good explanation. I'd suggest to add more study case especially on risk management and "how to" create a good plan and execution of a project.

By ATHAVALE K M

This course is perfectly designed for the professionals in the field as well as for the fresher professionals. The concepts regarding the project management are easily taught in an easier and more user friendly way

Best wishes

By Jacyara d O

Nov 04, 2016

Very well organized course. Not exactly what I was hoping to get into, but I'm glad I took it. I think I will be a better and more organized project manager, even if I am not applying these principles to such a specific task.

By Ovakporoye A

Jan 31, 2020

I had a lot of fun learning this course, Margaret made it especially easy, and the Panelist interview answered questions I often was confused about, and it also gave me the confidence about my approach to project management.

By Josef L

Nov 26, 2017

Enjoying this very much. It is directly applicable to my current line of work and I am finding ways to employ what I am learning on a daily basis. This is making me better at my job and I am happy to be part of this program.

By Tasfia A M

Apr 30, 2017

The course was really elaborate and resourceful. I have already recommended my colleagues to do this course. I am planning to enroll myself into the next course of the Project Management - Budgeting and Scheduling Projects.

By William A

May 18, 2018

Very nice alternative to brick and mortar classrooms. Easy to keep up with the work and review what you have learned. I do recommend picking up the suggested text to aid you on your journey if you plan to take this course.

By Natalia K

Jun 12, 2017

I really enjoyed the examples and the lectures, very easy to understand, even for non-english speakers. This course will be very helpful to get a masters degree in Project Administration here in Mexico City, so, thank you!

By Suhas M

May 08, 2020

It's a really good course. The course gives detail information and knowledge about Initiating and Planning process in projects. As a recent master graduate, I was able to relate each and every step thought in the modules.

By Rebecca T

Jun 12, 2019

Very easy, well-organized, and straightforward course for anyone who is brand new to project management. If you already have experience in this field, this course will be too easy for you, but it is perfect for beginners.