Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

OU

Mar 27, 2018

This is absolutely worth everything that I invested into this course. And I do not mind studying it all over again! I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn project management. Thank you Margaret.

DS

Nov 20, 2017

It was very helpful for me to understand what the project management is. I am just thinking about starting this new career path and i was feeling comfortable in this field during the learning process.

176 - 200 of 1,493 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Barbara R

Oct 02, 2019

This is a great first course for anyone new to the field of project management or as a refresher for those getting ready to take the PMP certification.

By Robin M

Dec 24, 2016

Great course. Really enjoy the pace of the lessons and videos provided! Supplemental reading suggestions are added good reinforcement to the lessons.

By Edouard A N

Apr 13, 2019

Mrs. Margaret Meloni's explanations makes it simple and helps understand project management concepts. I recommend for newcomers in project management.

By Lea L

Apr 03, 2018

got a basic understanding about project management and I think it will help me in my future study. Can't help to continuing the next series of courses

By Alva R

Nov 12, 2017

It was a positive experience and it gave me a more worldly view of project management outside of construction and criminal justice and security work.

By Yuliya

Oct 17, 2017

This course gave me an overall ideai of how to start the project, what is important on each stage of the project and what can´t be missed. Thank you!

By Dr. M S K

Jun 29, 2017

Neatly arranged lectures, points clarification is given step by step, very much thankful for the tutors for knowledge enhancing lessons and lectures.

By Katie A

Aug 07, 2018

Great overview to the project planning discipline and the PMBOK resource. Engaging lectures and good suggestions for practical use in the workplace.

By Bintang A S

Apr 16, 2016

Learned a lot from this course. I actually can relate many things from this course with my job as a project manager and how I can do things better.

By Damien D

Jan 02, 2018

A great introduction not only to this topic in general, but to the Coursera platform. Really appreciate everyone involved in making this possible.

By Ken J B M

Oct 27, 2017

Very very good this course and amazing lecturers and I am very to be part of this wonderful people that have completed this course. thank you all.

By Shubham A

Jun 22, 2017

Great course to know about the basics of project management planning and to learn the basic terminologies used in the project management field....

By Saman G G

Apr 09, 2017

Loved it...one of the best project management courses ever. It so easy of follow this course and understand the structure of the PMBOK. Thank you.

By ashish d

Nov 10, 2019

An exceptionally well curated course. Flawless delivery by the instructors. This course helped me a lot in enhancing my knowledge. Thanks to all.

By Chu M Đ

Sep 13, 2019

thanks to fpt daigaku for paying me this course, trân trọng cảm ơn thầy phan trường lâm đã cho chúng em được tiếp cận với cách học rất mới mẻ này

By Whitney L O

Apr 28, 2016

Mrs. Meloni is well spoken and concise. I highly recommend this course to anyone who is looking to further their knowledge of project Management.

By Clarizza S F

Jun 05, 2019

I definitely loved this course! Very informative and learned a lot as well! They got straight to the key points and didn't beat around the bush.

By Tiffany A

Mar 23, 2017

Easy to follow and super straight forward. I loved that it was interactive and that there were both presentation videos and slides to follow up!

By Francisco

Oct 09, 2016

Extremely satisfied with the course. Great material, everything can be applied almost right away to a real life project. Definitely recommended.

By Nong T H

Sep 27, 2016

Very useful knowledge enhance my working task. The content is delivered well with suitable material. Great experiences for me to develop myself

By Suleman K

Feb 11, 2016

One of the best courses I have ever been part of. I would highly recommend this course to people. I have learned a lot of skills and knowledge.

By Areum J

Dec 14, 2018

After quizes, I would like to see correct answers regarding my wrong response. I hope it provides additional explanation with correct answers.

By Anna M M

Feb 24, 2018

Great course to get the basic of Initiating and Planning a Project, also really helpful to get familiar with the terms that they use on PMBOK.

By Sreedhara G N

Sep 18, 2017

This is the Wonderful course for the Begining of Project Management Professional Course. The Presentation and Objectives are clearly explained

By Tjitte J

Nov 05, 2016

If you don't know where to start when you want to learn project management: this is it! Very helpful course and the beginning of many for me.