Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

OU

Mar 27, 2018

This is absolutely worth everything that I invested into this course. And I do not mind studying it all over again! I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn project management. Thank you Margaret.

DS

Nov 20, 2017

It was very helpful for me to understand what the project management is. I am just thinking about starting this new career path and i was feeling comfortable in this field during the learning process.

2401 - 2425 of 2,850 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Wilma W

Aug 03, 2017

This course provide a overview of project management. Also it leads me to think the PM problem in real business.

By Refaat E

Feb 15, 2016

It is most usefull course here i have joined I got a lot of infomation from, with high Efficiency!

thanks at all!

By Fiorenzo C

Nov 19, 2018

Overall a good course, but I would have loved to have more realistic study cases. I loved the final interviews!

By Kisha

Apr 03, 2018

The resources are helpful and the Professor has a wonderful demeanor making it easy to understand the content.

By Joe B

Jul 12, 2016

Useful and interesting, but seemed a bit easy; I completed the whole course in only a few hours worth of work.

By Mafalda F

Sep 17, 2020

I appreciated the course I think that could have given more tools for project managers to apply their skills.

By Abdelhak B

Jul 08, 2020

multiple abstract cancepts in this course that need some concrete case study examples to apply and understand

By Sanjeet R

Jul 06, 2020

I liked the course very much but at the same time, I felt the need for more case studies and video lectures.

By Amro H

Apr 17, 2016

Great course and material! It kept me disciplined and following up on class requirements to ensure learning.

By Moeti M

Aug 19, 2020

Great course, would highly recommend. Only critique would be the lack of diversity in assessment questions.

By Rodolfo E B

Mar 29, 2016

O curso é ótimo, a única que coisa que faz falta é não poder ver as lições em slides no dispositivo móvel.

By Cesar I

Mar 26, 2016

It is a very good course because introduce in a simple way to the main concepts used in project management

By 17ec016 S R

Sep 14, 2020

Sarisfied with the course! But a download option for the flash material would enhance the course better.

By Yonique F

Aug 26, 2020

Very detailed and informative. Very easy to follow along with. Extremely satisfied and highly recommended

By Alejandra A M

Jun 01, 2020

Buen Curso, es una iniciación y acercamiento a los conceptos claves para ser un buen Gerente de Proyectos

By Yannick L M

Dec 27, 2018

Good presentation and lesson presentation.

The questions are thought well and the videos very interesting

By Sophie L

Oct 04, 2018

I would like to have more free learning material to down load for free since I could not afford the books

By OJEWOYE S

Apr 18, 2020

it my first course on this platform and it was a great moment with the Tutor and the reading was lovely

By Ayanda N

Dec 12, 2017

Very informative, with precise information, important and practical bonus presentations are invaluable.

By ANURAG P

Jul 31, 2020

Many examples in this course helps a project manager to become accountable and responsible for his job

By Eduardo A P

Jun 25, 2020

The pillars to planning a project are well described, but I would like to have more practical sections

By nguyễn n p

Jun 17, 2020

it is ok for the first beginner like me, and this is suitable for busy people to learn the main ideas.

By محمد ا

Dec 07, 2017

It is a good start but not for engineers .if you are engineer i think you should go to the next course

By Eren Y

Jul 07, 2020

Short introductionary course with some pointed directions how you can follow further into this topic.

By Aafaq A

Jul 30, 2017

Its really a quick learning program in busy schedules and specially a perfect place for new learners.