Back to Managing Project Risks and Changes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Project Risks and Changes by University of California, Irvine

This course will help you manage project risk effectively by identifying, analyzing, and communicating inevitable changes to project scope and objectives. You will understand and practice the elements needed to measure and report on project scope, schedule, and cost performance. You will be equipped with the tools to manage change in the least disruptive way possible for your team and other project stakeholders. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Define components of a communications management plan 2. Understand the importance of communications channels 3. Define the key elements needed to measure and report on project scope, schedule, and cost performance 4. Identify project risk events 5. Prioritize identified risks 6. Develop responses for a high priority risk 7. Identify and analyze changes to project scope 8. Describe causes and effects of project changes 9. Define the purpose of conducting a lessons learned session...

CS
Nov 30, 2019

I enjoyed while reading this course as similar situations I had faced in my work.\n\nexcellent tutor for this course, clearly explained the real conditions as it happens in Industry and how to handle.

JB
Oct 3, 2017

Loved this course. The instructor makes this course what it is. Lessons and terms are great, but real world applications are necessary to help you learn to practice your newly acquired skills.

26 - 50 of 896 Reviews for Managing Project Risks and Changes

By Carmen

Nov 20, 2020

Like the first (Initiating and Planning Projects) and second (Budgeting and Scheduling Projects) as part of the Project Management specialization offered by UCI, this was the final course I took before I got the chance to do the Capstone Project. As a relatively new project manager, I have always been worried about the risks and changes of each project that I handle. I tend to forget to do mitigation and contingency plans that's why there were times the projects go beyond scope and my team experienced scope creep. Taking this course taught me a lot and gave me hope that I can still improve as a project manager. I learned different processes (e.g. change control process, risk register, etc.) that should be involved in projects in order for projects to succeed. To UCI and Ms. Meloni, thank you very much for having this course!

By Suhaimi W C

Nov 12, 2020

Great course. Loved the bonus videos/lesson as well as the panelist interview. Thanks a lot for sharing all the insights and pitfalls to avoid. Highly recommend this course/specialization. Awesome course structure that starts with lecture, followed by lesson with more detailed explanations, then case study with optional reading, followed by exercise to reinforce that we practice what we just learned, then quizzes/final exams. Then my favorite part, the bonus video/panelist interview that shares with us the step by step process or pitfalls to avoid.

By Michelle A C

Nov 7, 2020

Good , clear, information and very explicit videos.

Any one planning to move in the direction of a Project Management career, should do this course, Although I would recommend as many persons as possible to do it, because generally it is like a life guide for any area of work, it pushes you to be discipline in your decisions.

By Abeer W

Nov 17, 2020

Thank you Coursera for providing coursera specially during this pandemic these courses are very good for us since we can reach them in flexible hours and its completely online. Moreover, Ma'am Margaret Meloni really taught us well. Thanks Again and Stay Blessed!

By Michael F

Oct 23, 2016

I enjoyed this course, the mix of the video presentations and the powerpoints are well done. The instructor does an excellent job. the 'bonus videos' and 'panelist interviews' are very good as well. Well worth the experience.

By Kamal O

Oct 9, 2019

I highly recommend this course for any one who wants to explore project management and knowledge areas or who wants to reinforce principals and get a better understanding of how everything works together. I enjoyed it

By KAGGA S

May 22, 2016

Risks are our everyday encounters and we need to be aware of them in every circumstances we flow into.

It was nice learning hoe to manage them and create ways how to over come them.

Thanks so much for all the endeavors.

By Oduwa I

Jul 8, 2020

Margaret's teaching style is effortlessly effective and the tenor of the sessions are practice-led, so it's presented as information in action, not theory and pedagogy. This is an outstanding course feature, in my op

By Gautam A K

Aug 5, 2019

Excellent course, well structured and presented. To get the total benefit of this course, I would recommend completing all courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization.

By Salah B M A

Sep 7, 2020

Very useful course that helped me to learn and having more information and techniques on how to manage project risk by identifying, analyzing, and communicating inevitable changes to project scope and objectives.

By Khaled A

Great course overall. All sides of managing project risks are comprehensively and clearly covered by Ms Meloni. Certainly, a must course for students wishing to dig deeper into the world of project management.

Jan 22, 2018

Love the information and how it is presented. Addresses multiple learning styles, with verbal, visual and reading assignments. Tests give good reinforcement and assurance that the information was absorbed.

By Lê Đ D

Oct 26, 2020

I find this course means a lot to me. As a student, I had trouble with risk and change happen too often. This course helps me identify the problem and solutions for it. I can't wait to apply it in practice!

By Rouhith G

Aug 25, 2020

The course has been very informative & provides practical examples in line with the PMBOK guide. I thank Ms. Margaret Meloni, for educating us with her experience and knowledge in project risks and changes.

By Demet A

Jun 7, 2020

Video classes, flash lessons, case studies, experience sharing of the professor all very well prepared and clear. Gives you very good overview what the subject is about and leading good to go into details.

By maugest

Sep 2, 2019

I liked the mix of videos, slides, exercices, testimonies, quiz and reading. I also liked Mrs Melony's way of presenting project management potential issues and how to better manage our projects.

By Jennifer R

Apr 10, 2017

The instructor is approachable, warm and relates the content to real world experiences which makes it more memorable. There is great value in the course and what you learn and how to apply it.

By Vinton C

Jun 21, 2019

Very informative! While risk management and scope change make up a small part of the project management process, they are some of the most important topics and are well covered in this class.

By Jeffrey B

Oct 4, 2017

By Charles D

Oct 30, 2020

It is a very good course. It is practical and related to modern project management skills. I'm yet to take my last course, 3 already completed. Waiting to be assigned to the next course.

By Parsuram P

Oct 25, 2020

This course took a lot of time, dedication and focus before attempting to answer the quiz and exam.

I am grateful for the opportunity to study this course because it was totally worth it.

By PUSHPA S

May 16, 2020

AMAZING EXPERIENCE TO LEARNING WITH COURSERA. THIS IS ONE OF BEST ONLINE STUDY SITE IN WORLD. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR GIVING ME THIS TYPE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARNING COURSES. KEEP IT UP....

By Kimberly L

May 3, 2018

The videos were great. It allowed me to look at Risks and Changes differently than how I saw it before. The course materials were very useful and not overly complicated. Good structure.

By Sagum, J M D

Jun 18, 2020

The videos were made very well. The speaker was very open in sharing experience that inspires us to do the same in the future. The lectures were simple and easy to read and understand.

By Sanjay S

Oct 4, 2020

In the present business scenario the project needs bold decisions which are often engulfed with great quantum of risk. the evaluation of risk and mitigation was well expalined.