Back to Managing Project Risks and Changes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Project Risks and Changes by University of California, Irvine

This course will help you manage project risk effectively by identifying, analyzing, and communicating inevitable changes to project scope and objectives. You will understand and practice the elements needed to measure and report on project scope, schedule, and cost performance. You will be equipped with the tools to manage change in the least disruptive way possible for your team and other project stakeholders. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Define components of a communications management plan 2. Understand the importance of communications channels 3. Define the key elements needed to measure and report on project scope, schedule, and cost performance 4. Identify project risk events 5. Prioritize identified risks 6. Develop responses for a high priority risk 7. Identify and analyze changes to project scope 8. Describe causes and effects of project changes 9. Define the purpose of conducting a lessons learned session...

CS

Dec 01, 2019

I enjoyed while reading this course as similar situations I had faced in my work.\n\nexcellent tutor for this course, clearly explained the real conditions as it happens in Industry and how to handle.

JB

Oct 04, 2017

Loved this course. The instructor makes this course what it is. Lessons and terms are great, but real world applications are necessary to help you learn to practice your newly acquired skills.

26 - 50 of 833 Reviews for Managing Project Risks and Changes

By KAGGA S

May 22, 2016

Risks are our everyday encounters and we need to be aware of them in every circumstances we flow into.

It was nice learning hoe to manage them and create ways how to over come them.

Thanks so much for all the endeavors.

By Oduwa I

Jul 09, 2020

Margaret's teaching style is effortlessly effective and the tenor of the sessions are practice-led, so it's presented as information in action, not theory and pedagogy. This is an outstanding course feature, in my op

By Gautam A K

Aug 05, 2019

Excellent course, well structured and presented. To get the total benefit of this course, I would recommend completing all courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization.

By Salah B M A

Sep 07, 2020

Very useful course that helped me to learn and having more information and techniques on how to manage project risk by identifying, analyzing, and communicating inevitable changes to project scope and objectives.

By Khaled A

Great course overall. All sides of managing project risks are comprehensively and clearly covered by Ms Meloni. Certainly, a must course for students wishing to dig deeper into the world of project management.

Jan 22, 2018

Love the information and how it is presented. Addresses multiple learning styles, with verbal, visual and reading assignments. Tests give good reinforcement and assurance that the information was absorbed.

By Rouhith G

Aug 25, 2020

The course has been very informative & provides practical examples in line with the PMBOK guide. I thank Ms. Margaret Meloni, for educating us with her experience and knowledge in project risks and changes.

By Demet A

Jun 07, 2020

Video classes, flash lessons, case studies, experience sharing of the professor all very well prepared and clear. Gives you very good overview what the subject is about and leading good to go into details.

By maugest

Sep 02, 2019

I liked the mix of videos, slides, exercices, testimonies, quiz and reading. I also liked Mrs Melony's way of presenting project management potential issues and how to better manage our projects.

By Jennifer R

Apr 10, 2017

The instructor is approachable, warm and relates the content to real world experiences which makes it more memorable. There is great value in the course and what you learn and how to apply it.

By Vinton C

Jun 21, 2019

Very informative! While risk management and scope change make up a small part of the project management process, they are some of the most important topics and are well covered in this class.

By Jeffrey B

Oct 04, 2017

By PUSHPA S

May 16, 2020

AMAZING EXPERIENCE TO LEARNING WITH COURSERA. THIS IS ONE OF BEST ONLINE STUDY SITE IN WORLD. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR GIVING ME THIS TYPE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARNING COURSES. KEEP IT UP....

By Kimberly L

May 03, 2018

The videos were great. It allowed me to look at Risks and Changes differently than how I saw it before. The course materials were very useful and not overly complicated. Good structure.

By Sagum, J M D

Jun 18, 2020

The videos were made very well. The speaker was very open in sharing experience that inspires us to do the same in the future. The lectures were simple and easy to read and understand.

By Sanjay S

Oct 04, 2020

In the present business scenario the project needs bold decisions which are often engulfed with great quantum of risk. the evaluation of risk and mitigation was well expalined.

By Jenny G

Easy and simple, this course is focused on the main practices of project management risks, change and communication process. The panelist interview is full of learned lessons.

By Ahsan J

Well structured course with intuitive and simplified lectures with manageable length and ample description for a layman to grasp the concept of risk and changes in a project.

By MA. J T V

Aug 20, 2020

This course is very comprehensive! It can be applied to almost any situation. The instructor as well as the materials and bonus videos and panel interviews are very helpful.

By Bernadette T S

Oct 13, 2020

Even though I do not have any work experience, the lectures by Miss Meloni was very easy to understand, and I actually found myself enjoying it more than I thought I would.

By Surobot K

Sep 01, 2020

I got the real life of my job before starting this course, For the real job of project management should take this course and keep all the key to manage the project :)

By Abdalla j k k

Dec 31, 2019

I want to thank teacher Maloney she give more information in Project management risk and communications I learned new skills in project scope creep and risk management

By Divvya.T

Dec 21, 2019

She is a wonderful instructor! Loved each and every video of hers! The way she explains is just awesome ! Thank you coursera for the amazing course and instructor! *_*

By Sachin S s

Nov 26, 2019

Its very nice course with video and Article format. It improve my skill and knowledge about risk management , Changes control plan and Project Management . Thanks

By Sathya P A

Jun 23, 2018

Very Informative, and entertaining for a beginner like me. Thanks to the University and the Lecturer for making a complex topic like this, sound so much easier.