Back to Pro Tools Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Pro Tools Basics by Berklee College of Music

Producing music is an incredibly creative process, and knowing the tools of the trade is essential in order to transmit the musical ideas in your head into the DAW in a creative and uninhibited way. Whether you have used a computer to create music before, or you have been curious about production for years, this 4-week course will give you an introductory look into the world of Avid Pro Tools and Pro Tools First....

AP
Jul 26, 2020

This is Ashish From Indian(Gujarat).I am new student for this course.I really enjoyed a session. specially Chrissy Tignor maam teaching fantastic.I really enjoyed a lot to her session.\n\nthank you.

M
Jul 9, 2020

Amazing instructor and lot of knowledge to be gained. One of the best course to learn about any DAW. Specially the mixing and mastering course material was helpful to make the track sound amazing.

126 - 150 of 175 Reviews for Pro Tools Basics

Sep 13, 2016

简单易懂

By Noah V

Oct 12, 2020

Fantastic course for a beginner that covers a lot of valuable information. I've been using ProTools for years and although a lot of the information was remedial there were a few tips I learned by completing this course.

The only downside was that the peer reviews are pretty useless and a ton of people just upload dummy files to blow through the course vs doing the work so you're not going to get a lot of useful feedback. Also, taking the course without using ProTools (?) is kind of pointless because a lot of the information is PT centric (obviously). If you don't have/want to learn PT take the Technology of Music Production class as you'll get more out of it.

Some things were a little outdated (VI to audio routing vs using Commit these days) and there were a few things I wouldn't do on a project but for a beginner I understand how for the purposes of this series these things made sense.

By Benjamin H

Dec 3, 2017

This course did a good job of realizing the theoretical concepts introduced in Technology of Music Production, walking through how to do the different things discussed earlier. I found a lot of success taking this and the previous course concurrently, working through the theory in the Tech course and realizing it in Pro Tools Basic.

My biggest critique was with the use of the external system to submit and give feedback on assignments. I found it clunky and much slower than the system native to Coursera and would recommend that instead.

By Jay M

Jul 11, 2017

Good class. In fact, I think this class should have been done before the Technology class as it covered a few things that were included in the Technology class in a much simpler fashion. I don't use ProTools, so I suffered through this class with ProTools First, which created a lot of limitations on what I could do (i.e. no sampler), but I did learn a lot more from this class than I expected that could be applied outside of ProTools.

By Sergei T

Jul 8, 2020

Very interesting and important course.

However, I'd put 4 stars instead of 5 only because some information was not full and there were lots of self-research done to catch up with the course. I think it is good though for students, but it would be better if this would be also guided by the course.

Otherwise, very interesting and informative and I am happy I took this course and I would definitely recommend it to other people to take.

By Nicky L P

Oct 3, 2016

Great introduction to Pro Tools even for the seasoned amatuer who's been playing around with DAWs. I now have basic skills with Pro Tools, plus my editing and mixing skills have improved. This course won't make you a pro but it's a great introduction and well worth your time if you're a newbie or have stalled in your amatuer persuits. **thumbs up**