Back to Psychological First Aid

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Psychological First Aid by Johns Hopkins University

Learn to provide psychological first aid to people in an emergency by employing the RAPID model: Reflective listening, Assessment of needs, Prioritization, Intervention, and Disposition. Utilizing the RAPID model (Reflective listening, Assessment of needs, Prioritization, Intervention, and Disposition), this specialized course provides perspectives on injuries and trauma that are beyond those physical in nature. The RAPID model is readily applicable to public health settings, the workplace, the military, faith-based organizations, mass disaster venues, and even the demands of more commonplace critical events, e.g., dealing with the psychological aftermath of accidents, robberies, suicide, homicide, or community violence. In addition, the RAPID model has been found effective in promoting personal and community resilience. Participants will increase their abilities to: - Discuss key concepts related to PFA - Listen reflectively - Differentiate benign, non-incapacitating psychological/ behavioral crisis reactions from more severe, potentially incapacitating, crisis reactions - Prioritize (triage) psychological/ behavioral crisis reactions - Mitigate acute distress and dysfunction, as appropriate - Recognize when to facilitate access to further mental health support - Practice self-care Developed in collaboration with Johns Hopkins Open Education Lab....

KG
Apr 15, 2020

A wonderful course with clear explanations and case scenarios to help reinforce learning. I was truly engaged throughout the course and felt like I learned a lot more than I anticipated when going in.

IT
Oct 12, 2020

this opened my mind towards intervention needs in a catastrophic event. something like this is required more than ever now. the content of the course was very good and thorough. very nicely explained.

3976 - 3998 of 3,998 Reviews for Psychological First Aid

By Rayna S

Sep 4, 2020

very informati

By Yoganathan M

Sep 12, 2020

By HARI I

Sep 9, 2020

This is good course & useful for natural disaster time but based on free offer(Coursera Together: enroll today and get this course for free.Your discount will be applied automatically at checkout. Offer is subject to change and valid through 12/31/20.) I've completed this course & obtained 97% Marks too but iam not able to retrive my certificate, asking for payment. Iam waiting my review marks reply.

By Christina P

Oct 22, 2021

I​ feel there was a lot to benefit from taking this course, however, I was under the impression it was a free course to help me decide if I would like to continue in the field. Much to my surprise upon attempting to complete the first quiz, I was asked to upgrade. Wouldn't have been an issue if it was previously mentioned you would have to upgrade in order to complete it.

By Kelsie K

Jul 4, 2020

For me the class was very boring, and difficult to stay engaged.

The information is interesting, but it is presented in a way that is not engaging.

By Raymond H

Nov 18, 2020

For the most part the content of the course is fine, but there are some parts where the religion and politics of the lecturer really come out.

By Rand h s a

Jul 12, 2019

Very good

By Crystal J

Oct 12, 2020

Unfortunately this course is incredibly boring. I did week one and cannot get through week two. I wanted to give it a fair shot, but it's quite obvious information on how to help those in need delivered in a cheesy and dry manner. I'm sure some might benefit from this but I want to unenroll and there is no place to do so. I tried in the app and it says go to the web version. Nowhere in the web version is there a place to unenroll (even after several google searches). It could be my browser, but it's really left me annoyed after spending so much time on it.

By Soeba K

Sep 18, 2020

Good afternoon.

I have completed the course using a promotion but I still didn't get my certificate

I would appreciate if you look into this matter and provide me a certificate ASAP.

I got more than 80% marks in each quiz but I don't know why you people didn't showed a certificate at the end of the course.

I hope you look forward into this matter and meet my demands..

By Brandon P

Aug 9, 2020

Poorly structured. "Quizzes" often don't relate to material covered in class. Embarrassing politicization of the course material. Buggy software interface. Would not recommend.

By Carmen L

Mar 1, 2021

Your course is misleading for certification in PFA.

I want a refund of my $49. You are liars and money grabbers!!! I’m going to report you to the states attorney

By Shubham D L

Nov 30, 2019

They charged me 2000 rupees during the start and they expect me to pay the same during the end. This course is a scam. Not recommending it ti anyone.

By Khalood A

Apr 27, 2020

Very bad. They offered a free certificate during quarantine but did not deliver. Wasn't expecting this kind of non professional behavior.

By Luzza T M

Mar 17, 2020

No he podido tomarlo ya que soy latina y no encuentro como traducirlo a español por favor ayúdenme. Gracias

Aug 10, 2020

It is too hard for me, it wont let me refund even tho it has been a few days

By Aneta K

Feb 28, 2021

A little bit boring and out of date, in my opinion. Not engaging

By Anas

Feb 28, 2021

I dont get my certificate after completing the course

By Jennifer C

Aug 7, 2020

Irrelevant to what I actually wanted to learn

By Chandana. G

Aug 23, 2020

i did'nt get my certificate

By Elizabeth R

Nov 30, 2017

really useless and awkward.

By Leeth B M S