Back to Introduction to Public Speaking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Public Speaking by University of Washington

This course gives you a reliable model for preparing and delivering effective presentations. In business, in school, and in public life, we are often called upon to “make a few comments.” Often, people tasked with such speeches become flummoxed. They might not know what to talk about, or ramble without making a point, or simply be confusing to listen to. This course is designed to help you shine where others falter. We’ll learn how organize talks clearly, write them memorably, and deliver them confidently. By the end of the course, you should be able to significantly reduce your fear of public speaking, use rehearsal techniques to develop a strong, vibrant speaking voice, and perform speeches with dynamic movement and gestures. The speech model that we’ll practice is useful for briefings, elevator talks, interviews, and even as a structure for hour-long presentations. If you’re a beginner, this course will help you quickly master the fundamentals of speaking. If you’re a seasoned speaker, this course will help you better understand public speaking and push you to the next level....

E

Feb 28, 2017

This course is great. You simply learn a lot in an easy way. The teacher is really good and knows how to teach and engage you in the lessons. I am looking forward to next courses in the specialization

AP

Jul 07, 2017

The course was perfect for me. Though the assignment should have been graded as they were fun to do. Even it was expensive for me to buy it.\n\nThe lectures were organised clearly and smoothly.

1 - 25 of 143 Reviews for Introduction to Public Speaking

By Yuliia C

Dec 14, 2018

Very useful and practical. Thank you!

By Kevin H

Jun 19, 2018

Great course. Small steps really helped me become more confident.

By Akshay P

Jul 07, 2017

The lectures were organised clearly and smoothly.

By Ernesto R Á

Feb 28, 2017

By Vinod P

Dec 06, 2018

Taken many courses on presentation skills before. Nothing comes close to this. This course covers the fundamentals thoroughly. I love the course materials. Specifically, the section on speech apprehension and the recommendations .

By Elena P

Dec 13, 2018

One of the best courses I ever took!

By ADABOH H

Nov 12, 2018

Great course

By Tassadaq H

Jan 17, 2019

this course is very useful for me. i learn many new things and now i am sure that i am sepeck i anywhere.

By Hao W

Jan 20, 2019

Completed

By Aaron T B

Feb 24, 2019

The professor is amazing. He brings fun and energy to the class. The material will help you learn the form needed to succeed in public speaking.

By Wendy W F

Feb 23, 2019

This is a fun, informative, and very polished class with an entertaining and knowledgeable teacher.

By shah n

Dec 01, 2018

good course

By F M

Mar 21, 2019

Very interesting course, it provides the main concepts and the basics of public speaking, he

By VIKAS Y

Mar 20, 2019

Amazing experience while learning from Coursera. Hoping for more fun and learnings in upcoming weeks.

By Medylene M O

Aug 27, 2018

great course! highly recommended

By Sondra B

Aug 27, 2018

Without a doubt the best online course you'll find for Public Speaking. Teaches proper tone, presentation and speech writing styles. Phenomenal, I've recommended it to my coworkers and family.

By 陶思睿

Sep 13, 2018

By Elekwachi P A

Aug 20, 2018

More than exceptional. i learnt how to prepare, arrange, write and deliver a confident public speech.

By Nikola

Sep 16, 2018

Very nice structure and well explained! I really like, that everything you did was with some idea behind it, really shows that you put a lot of effort in this course! I can't say how much i like this course haha.

By Madhumeeta M S

Sep 14, 2018

Excellent course. I am an unemployed adult and have lots of passion for speaking and teaching but in this materialistic world only having passions are not enough...you have to be certified of what you a real pursuing.

Coursera helped me a lot and this course was indeed the best I can go for .

thanks a million.

By sidi b l m n

Sep 15, 2018

as an student this course of public speaking was very helpful for me, then through clear presentations and the professor ability to explain to the audience I once again have highly benefited from this course.

By Panagiotis S

Sep 28, 2018

Excellent course. Very organized and engaging. Even as someone who speaks in front of people all the time I learned a lot.

By Mohamed E

Oct 05, 2018

It was an amazing one

By Raffaella S

Oct 30, 2018

v

By Audra G

Aug 28, 2018

Enjoyed the course; met my objectives