Back to Introduction to Public Speaking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Public Speaking by University of Washington

This course gives you a reliable model for preparing and delivering effective presentations. In business, in school, and in public life, we are often called upon to “make a few comments.” Often, people tasked with such speeches become flummoxed. They might not know what to talk about, or ramble without making a point, or simply be confusing to listen to. This course is designed to help you shine where others falter. We’ll learn how organize talks clearly, write them memorably, and deliver them confidently. By the end of the course, you should be able to significantly reduce your fear of public speaking, use rehearsal techniques to develop a strong, vibrant speaking voice, and perform speeches with dynamic movement and gestures. The speech model that we’ll practice is useful for briefings, elevator talks, interviews, and even as a structure for hour-long presentations. If you’re a beginner, this course will help you quickly master the fundamentals of speaking. If you’re a seasoned speaker, this course will help you better understand public speaking and push you to the next level....

E

Feb 28, 2017

This course is great. You simply learn a lot in an easy way. The teacher is really good and knows how to teach and engage you in the lessons. I am looking forward to next courses in the specialization

AP

Jul 07, 2017

The course was perfect for me. Though the assignment should have been graded as they were fun to do. Even it was expensive for me to buy it.\n\nThe lectures were organised clearly and smoothly.

1 - 25 of 133 Reviews for Introduction to Public Speaking

By Yuliia C

Dec 14, 2018

Very useful and practical. Thank you!

By Kevin H

Jun 19, 2018

Great course. Small steps really helped me become more confident.

By Petko E

Jun 10, 2019

Magnificient

By Sirinagasanyasa S P

May 26, 2019

This course has helped me build confidence and reduce the public speaking apprehension which I had before. I definitely recommend this course.

By jagriti r

May 16, 2019

I found this course very helpful. I am learning new things almost everyday about which earlier I was unknown. I hope this platform will help other needy students like me.

By Ankita C

May 14, 2019

It was a great experience and I learnt a lot. Thank You for this great opportunity

By GIOSUE P

Apr 28, 2019

Despite being an introduction to the PS, the course is sometimes too conversational - some areas are a very elementary and boring.

By Joan D

Apr 16, 2019

great

By Анна

Apr 09, 2019

It is an extremely valuable course with a professional and nice teacher!

By Cédric C

Apr 08, 2019

Great course!

By JUSTIN C N

Mar 23, 2019

The course is interesting, informative and can easily be assimilated.

By F M

Mar 21, 2019

Very interesting course, it provides the main concepts and the basics of public speaking, he

By VIKAS Y

Mar 20, 2019

Amazing experience while learning from Coursera. Hoping for more fun and learnings in upcoming weeks.

By Aaron T B

Feb 24, 2019

The professor is amazing. He brings fun and energy to the class. The material will help you learn the form needed to succeed in public speaking.

By Wendy W F

Feb 23, 2019

This is a fun, informative, and very polished class with an entertaining and knowledgeable teacher.

By Hao W

Jan 20, 2019

Completed

By Tassadaq H

Jan 17, 2019

this course is very useful for me. i learn many new things and now i am sure that i am sepeck i anywhere.

By Elena P

Dec 13, 2018

One of the best courses I ever took!

By Vinod P

Dec 06, 2018

Taken many courses on presentation skills before. Nothing comes close to this. This course covers the fundamentals thoroughly. I love the course materials. Specifically, the section on speech apprehension and the recommendations .

By shah n

Oct 05, 2018

It was an amazing one

By Panagiotis S

Sep 28, 2018

Excellent course. Very organized and engaging. Even as someone who speaks in front of people all the time I learned a lot.

By Nikola

Sep 16, 2018

Very nice structure and well explained! I really like, that everything you did was with some idea behind it, really shows that you put a lot of effort in this course! I can't say how much i like this course haha.