Back to Introduction to Public Speaking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Public Speaking by University of Washington

This course gives you a reliable model for preparing and delivering effective presentations. In business, in school, and in public life, we are often called upon to “make a few comments.” Often, people tasked with such speeches become flummoxed. They might not know what to talk about, or ramble without making a point, or simply be confusing to listen to. This course is designed to help you shine where others falter. We’ll learn how organize talks clearly, write them memorably, and deliver them confidently. By the end of the course, you should be able to significantly reduce your fear of public speaking, use rehearsal techniques to develop a strong, vibrant speaking voice, and perform speeches with dynamic movement and gestures. The speech model that we’ll practice is useful for briefings, elevator talks, interviews, and even as a structure for hour-long presentations. If you’re a beginner, this course will help you quickly master the fundamentals of speaking. If you’re a seasoned speaker, this course will help you better understand public speaking and push you to the next level....

E
Feb 27, 2017

This course is great. You simply learn a lot in an easy way. The teacher is really good and knows how to teach and engage you in the lessons. I am looking forward to next courses in the specialization

AJ
Jun 5, 2020

Excellent course for who are starting to speak in public or who are already a public speaker, no matter you join this course to get more tools & ideas to make your speech interesting to the audience.

251 - 275 of 572 Reviews for Introduction to Public Speaking

By F M

Mar 21, 2019

Very interesting course, it provides the main concepts and the basics of public speaking, he

By Lisa S

May 1, 2021

Really good with a wonderful teacher, passionate and with great examples to help us learn.

By Srinidhi S

Jul 13, 2020

Amazing course! I have learnt so many skills in speech writing, presentation and analysis.

By SAKKURU L

Jun 26, 2020

it is very useful to everyone to avoid stage fear and how to represent a speech is taught

By Mohd J M

Apr 28, 2020

This was an extraordinary course which tells you some rules and tips for public speaking.

By Yuri Y C A

Jan 11, 2018

A great, great course. It help me tons in my way to expose my ideas and solutions in work

By Juan H C

Nov 2, 2020

I congratulate the teacher , the Institution , the contents , thanks for your dedication

By Daniel Z

Apr 25, 2018

Very informative course with valuable explanations and exercises. I love the instructor!

By Juan T

Dec 14, 2016

Awesome. I learned lot. I think I am getting better at presentations and public speaking

By Harsh Y

Aug 27, 2020

I just loved the instructor ,and his way of teaching ,thanks coursera for this course.

By Ms. B P

Jul 13, 2020

It's a very great experience for me. Thank you for giving me such a great opportunity.

By Federico T

Nov 8, 2016

Matt McGarrity reloaded, excellent 2016 version. It should be teached in every school.

By Omid M

Mar 14, 2021

It was an absolutely great experience joining this course! Loved every second of it.

By Mr. N D

Dec 26, 2019

I learned a lot from this course , and will definitely use it in my teaching skills.

By Itzia C V R

Oct 21, 2020

I think the content was really good to start with the public speaking as a beginner

By Ankita C

May 14, 2019

It was a great experience and I learnt a lot. Thank You for this great opportunity

By CHRISTOPHER J I G

Dec 16, 2020

The courser really help me to understand about how we speak infront of the other.

By Irlanda O

Nov 29, 2020

Los videos son bastante amenos y ejemplifican perfectamente la teoría que nos dan

By INNOCENT M

Nov 25, 2020

I HAVE LEARNT ALOT ESPECIALLY PITCHING MY VOICE AND ARRANGING THE SPEECH ELEMENTS

By Ankit S

Aug 1, 2020

I have learned Good Public SpeakiNg skills

By Pranay P

Jan 2, 2017

Very Informative and I learnt a lot . I look forward to persue the specialization

By Diah R A

Aug 12, 2020

This is great, this course makes me more familiar with public speaking

By Francinie C

Aug 10, 2020

Great course, gave very good elements to take in consideration for the future

By Sopnil A J

Jul 30, 2020

The course helps me a lot to learn deeply about public speaking fundamentals.

By Thilagavathy J

Jun 28, 2020

I started to overcome my stage fear while I'm presenting my speech.