Back to Introduction to Public Speaking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Public Speaking by University of Washington

This course gives you a reliable model for preparing and delivering effective presentations. In business, in school, and in public life, we are often called upon to “make a few comments.” Often, people tasked with such speeches become flummoxed. They might not know what to talk about, or ramble without making a point, or simply be confusing to listen to. This course is designed to help you shine where others falter. We’ll learn how organize talks clearly, write them memorably, and deliver them confidently. By the end of the course, you should be able to significantly reduce your fear of public speaking, use rehearsal techniques to develop a strong, vibrant speaking voice, and perform speeches with dynamic movement and gestures. The speech model that we’ll practice is useful for briefings, elevator talks, interviews, and even as a structure for hour-long presentations. If you’re a beginner, this course will help you quickly master the fundamentals of speaking. If you’re a seasoned speaker, this course will help you better understand public speaking and push you to the next level....

E
Feb 27, 2017

This course is great. You simply learn a lot in an easy way. The teacher is really good and knows how to teach and engage you in the lessons. I am looking forward to next courses in the specialization

AJ
Jun 5, 2020

Excellent course for who are starting to speak in public or who are already a public speaker, no matter you join this course to get more tools & ideas to make your speech interesting to the audience.

226 - 250 of 524 Reviews for Introduction to Public Speaking

By Shakthi G D

The course is very neat and valuable for a starter, Covers all the aspects needed for a speaker.

By RIYA D S

Sep 18, 2020

Amazing! Everyone who wants to develop good public speaking should definitely take this course.

By ANISHA J

Jul 8, 2020

Very interesting course .Anyone who has an interest in public speaking can do this at any time.

By Ana R P

Sep 6, 2017

Thank you so much to my instructor for instructing Ana Pelayo.

Thank you, thank you, Ana Pelayo.

By Vishal Y

Jul 17, 2020

It is such a nice course that it really improve my thought process about speaking. Thanks alot

By Bernard D V

Jun 19, 2020

Awesome course. The teacher is great and the content really useful and can be used right away

By Amir A M A

Jun 18, 2017

An excellent course with interesting information & peek performance instructor ^^

Many Thanks

By F M

Mar 21, 2019

Very interesting course, it provides the main concepts and the basics of public speaking, he

By Srinidhi

Jul 13, 2020

Amazing course! I have learnt so many skills in speech writing, presentation and analysis.

By SAKKURU L

Jun 26, 2020

it is very useful to everyone to avoid stage fear and how to represent a speech is taught

By Mohd J M

Apr 28, 2020

This was an extraordinary course which tells you some rules and tips for public speaking.

By Yuri Y C A

Jan 11, 2018

A great, great course. It help me tons in my way to expose my ideas and solutions in work

By Juan H C

Nov 2, 2020

I congratulate the teacher , the Institution , the contents , thanks for your dedication

By Daniel Z

Apr 25, 2018

Very informative course with valuable explanations and exercises. I love the instructor!

By Juan T

Dec 14, 2016

Awesome. I learned lot. I think I am getting better at presentations and public speaking

By Harsh Y

Aug 27, 2020

I just loved the instructor ,and his way of teaching ,thanks coursera for this course.

By Ms. B P

Jul 13, 2020

It's a very great experience for me. Thank you for giving me such a great opportunity.

By Federico T

Nov 8, 2016

Matt McGarrity reloaded, excellent 2016 version. It should be teached in every school.

By Omid M

Mar 14, 2021

It was an absolutely great experience joining this course! Loved every second of it.

By Mr. N D

Dec 26, 2019

I learned a lot from this course , and will definitely use it in my teaching skills.

By Itzia C V R

Oct 21, 2020

I think the content was really good to start with the public speaking as a beginner

By Ankita C

May 14, 2019

It was a great experience and I learnt a lot. Thank You for this great opportunity

By CHRISTOPHER J I G

Dec 16, 2020

The courser really help me to understand about how we speak infront of the other.

By Irlanda O

Nov 29, 2020

Los videos son bastante amenos y ejemplifican perfectamente la teoría que nos dan

By INNOCENT M

Nov 25, 2020

I HAVE LEARNT ALOT ESPECIALLY PITCHING MY VOICE AND ARRANGING THE SPEECH ELEMENTS