Back to Introduction to Public Speaking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Public Speaking by University of Washington

This course gives you a reliable model for preparing and delivering effective presentations. In business, in school, and in public life, we are often called upon to “make a few comments.” Often, people tasked with such speeches become flummoxed. They might not know what to talk about, or ramble without making a point, or simply be confusing to listen to. This course is designed to help you shine where others falter. We’ll learn how organize talks clearly, write them memorably, and deliver them confidently. By the end of the course, you should be able to significantly reduce your fear of public speaking, use rehearsal techniques to develop a strong, vibrant speaking voice, and perform speeches with dynamic movement and gestures. The speech model that we’ll practice is useful for briefings, elevator talks, interviews, and even as a structure for hour-long presentations. If you’re a beginner, this course will help you quickly master the fundamentals of speaking. If you’re a seasoned speaker, this course will help you better understand public speaking and push you to the next level....

E
Feb 27, 2017

This course is great. You simply learn a lot in an easy way. The teacher is really good and knows how to teach and engage you in the lessons. I am looking forward to next courses in the specialization

AJ
Jun 5, 2020

Excellent course for who are starting to speak in public or who are already a public speaker, no matter you join this course to get more tools & ideas to make your speech interesting to the audience.

226 - 250 of 552 Reviews for Introduction to Public Speaking

By Maksym K

Sep 27, 2020

Excellent course giving you structured tools to presentation, including the possibility to practice

By arun d

Sep 9, 2020

Matt sir is great.. the way he outline the course is one of the highlighting feature of this course.

By Waleed E N

Nov 24, 2017

Dr. Matt, I really enjoyed your course. Thank you very much. I'll try to put those tips in action.

By Tais D P R

May 28, 2021

A great structure, each item is good explain. I learn many good tips to affront my fear of speaking

By stephanie c

Dec 31, 2020

Great course. I recommend anyone who wants to know the basic of public speaking to come here first.

By JAGTAP P R

Jul 12, 2020

Excellent course comprising every basic aspect and building a strong confidence in Public Speaking.

By CHIRANJIBI D

Jun 10, 2020

The course was very good. A lot of learnings and takeaways from it. Highly recommended to everyone.

By Wendy F

Feb 22, 2019

This is a fun, informative, and very polished class with an entertaining and knowledgeable teacher.

By Isabella C C

Sep 10, 2020

i really loved this MOOC, It gave me much more confidence in public speaking. I'll keep studying!

By Mahnoor A L

Aug 22, 2020

I loved - learning through this I learned how t control your anxiety and stay calm with your talk

By Christiana P

Nov 2, 2020

This course is very helpful and is one of the best i have taken. I highly recommend this course.

By shakthi g

The course is very neat and valuable for a starter, Covers all the aspects needed for a speaker.

By RIYA D S

Sep 18, 2020

Amazing! Everyone who wants to develop good public speaking should definitely take this course.

By ANISHA J

Jul 8, 2020

Very interesting course .Anyone who has an interest in public speaking can do this at any time.

By Ana R P

Sep 6, 2017

Thank you so much to my instructor for instructing Ana Pelayo.

Thank you, thank you, Ana Pelayo.

By Vishal Y

Jul 17, 2020

It is such a nice course that it really improve my thought process about speaking. Thanks alot

By Bernard D V

Jun 19, 2020

Awesome course. The teacher is great and the content really useful and can be used right away

By Amir A M A

Jun 18, 2017

An excellent course with interesting information & peek performance instructor ^^

Many Thanks

By F M

Mar 21, 2019

Very interesting course, it provides the main concepts and the basics of public speaking, he

By Lisa S

May 1, 2021

Really good with a wonderful teacher, passionate and with great examples to help us learn.

By Srinidhi

Jul 13, 2020

Amazing course! I have learnt so many skills in speech writing, presentation and analysis.

By SAKKURU L

Jun 26, 2020

it is very useful to everyone to avoid stage fear and how to represent a speech is taught

By Mohd J M

Apr 28, 2020

This was an extraordinary course which tells you some rules and tips for public speaking.

By Yuri Y C A

Jan 11, 2018

A great, great course. It help me tons in my way to expose my ideas and solutions in work

By Juan H C

Nov 2, 2020

I congratulate the teacher , the Institution , the contents , thanks for your dedication