Back to Introduction to Public Speaking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Public Speaking by University of Washington

This course gives you a reliable model for preparing and delivering effective presentations. In business, in school, and in public life, we are often called upon to “make a few comments.” Often, people tasked with such speeches become flummoxed. They might not know what to talk about, or ramble without making a point, or simply be confusing to listen to. This course is designed to help you shine where others falter. We’ll learn how organize talks clearly, write them memorably, and deliver them confidently. By the end of the course, you should be able to significantly reduce your fear of public speaking, use rehearsal techniques to develop a strong, vibrant speaking voice, and perform speeches with dynamic movement and gestures. The speech model that we’ll practice is useful for briefings, elevator talks, interviews, and even as a structure for hour-long presentations. If you’re a beginner, this course will help you quickly master the fundamentals of speaking. If you’re a seasoned speaker, this course will help you better understand public speaking and push you to the next level....

E
Feb 27, 2017

This course is great. You simply learn a lot in an easy way. The teacher is really good and knows how to teach and engage you in the lessons. I am looking forward to next courses in the specialization

AJ
Jun 5, 2020

Excellent course for who are starting to speak in public or who are already a public speaker, no matter you join this course to get more tools & ideas to make your speech interesting to the audience.

526 - 550 of 550 Reviews for Introduction to Public Speaking

By Nguyen T N M

Aug 8, 2017

very good fundamental course for beginners!

By Jenn T

Apr 26, 2021

The content of the course was excellent.

By Ayesha R

Aug 12, 2020

Excellent course to enhance soft skills.

By Andres S

Feb 26, 2017

Great teahcer, has a lot of information.

By Kadam S D

Jun 8, 2020

Excellent teaching. i am satisfied.

By Mahmoud R E

Jun 13, 2017

this course is sample and uesfull.

By nithin k

Aug 25, 2020

very good course and challenging

By 17DCE070 T Z

Sep 20, 2020

Good Course for beginners.

By Rajat M

By Pooja D P

Jul 30, 2020

GOOD JOB

By Pathi R

Good

By Jyothi

Jan 4, 2021

it was good experience to attend this course

By Aly E

May 11, 2021

I might've rated this wrong as I haven't watched much. But that's because I felt it was a waste of time. I had this impression because of two reasons. First off, in a public speaking course, one would expect the instructor to be a professional public speaker. The instructor however felt like he's vastly overreacting and therefore unconvincing. The second reason is that the material felt like pseudo-science or opinion-based. I could not sense any power point in either the instructor or the material. Again, I might've been unfair in my review because I didn't watch enough, but I thought I should share this to allow people to manage their expectations.

By Kirill K

Jul 22, 2020

It's a nightmare trying to unsubscribe from the course

By Natalia V

Aug 12, 2020

I'm not happy about this course. I didn't learn much.

By Nguyen K D