Back to Introduction to Public Speaking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Public Speaking by University of Washington

This course gives you a reliable model for preparing and delivering effective presentations. In business, in school, and in public life, we are often called upon to “make a few comments.” Often, people tasked with such speeches become flummoxed. They might not know what to talk about, or ramble without making a point, or simply be confusing to listen to. This course is designed to help you shine where others falter. We’ll learn how organize talks clearly, write them memorably, and deliver them confidently. By the end of the course, you should be able to significantly reduce your fear of public speaking, use rehearsal techniques to develop a strong, vibrant speaking voice, and perform speeches with dynamic movement and gestures. The speech model that we’ll practice is useful for briefings, elevator talks, interviews, and even as a structure for hour-long presentations. If you’re a beginner, this course will help you quickly master the fundamentals of speaking. If you’re a seasoned speaker, this course will help you better understand public speaking and push you to the next level....

E
Feb 27, 2017

This course is great. You simply learn a lot in an easy way. The teacher is really good and knows how to teach and engage you in the lessons. I am looking forward to next courses in the specialization

AJ
Jun 5, 2020

Excellent course for who are starting to speak in public or who are already a public speaker, no matter you join this course to get more tools & ideas to make your speech interesting to the audience.

201 - 225 of 552 Reviews for Introduction to Public Speaking

By ELMA B S D D

Dec 5, 2020

Excelente curso, te ayuda a sacar todo tu potencial, pulir lo que ya sabes y a perder el miedo a hablar en público.

By Yousuff p

Jun 26, 2020

A very good course to understand the basics about public speech on how to start preparing for speech and deliver it

By Andrea V V S

Nov 18, 2020

Un curso muy bueno, perfectamente explicado, actividades A doc y un excelente manejo de información proporcionada

By ranjith

Jul 8, 2020

This course made me realize that public speaking is more of like an enjoyable thing to do rather than fearing it.

By SHAJAN J P S

Jun 2, 2020

The course curriculam is great and the exercises are designed wonderfully to improve my public speaking ability.

By Uzan A

Dec 1, 2019

Very interesting course. I learned loads of things and I can already a great amelioration in my public speaking.

By Sofia M M

Nov 18, 2020

Dr. Matt was an excellent teacher. loved the way he explained the topics and it made me understand them easily.

By Alejandra C V

Jul 15, 2020

Excellent course. In the end I managed to meet the objectives, I acquired skills to improve my public speaking.

By K.H B 1

Feb 12, 2021

A good platform for every start. Thank you so much Coursera and Dr Matt McGarrity for this wonderful journey.

By José M A

Mar 29, 2020

It has given me a way to approach future public speeches with a systematic approach that will be very helpful.

By Gabriel D B

Mar 27, 2020

Great course ! Really clear and enjoying to watch, I think it will be really helpful in my professional life.

By Misael A A M

Nov 12, 2020

Awesome to get a basic-intermediate understanding of what public speaking is and how to increase your skills

By Lindsey H

Feb 17, 2021

The instructor is very engaging. I thoroughly enjoyed this course and got a lot of out of the assignments.

By mustapha o

Jun 6, 2020

The course helped me a lot. Now, I'm a better speaker, and also a better listener. Thanks to the Professor

By Felipe H

Jul 3, 2019

Sensacional! Este curso dá uma ótima base para linguagem corporal e organização de um discurso! Recomendo!

By Tassadaq H

Jan 17, 2019

this course is very useful for me. i learn many new things and now i am sure that i am sepeck i anywhere.

By Mathieu M

Jul 6, 2017

Great course, easy to follow and easy to get started. I received great reviews from peers about my work.

By Nadia L

Apr 26, 2021

Highly recommend to anyone who wants to polish their public speaking skills or build them from scratch!

By R K

Jul 27, 2020

One of the best courses I've taken...will definitely check out the other courses in the specialization.

By suhas p

May 3, 2020

i really learnt a lot

i will try use all these methods while giving a presentation or a speech

By Michele D

May 28, 2017

Excellent course. Teaches the mechanics of speaking for the ear, not the eye, and why it's important.

By Vikas y

Mar 20, 2019

Amazing experience while learning from Coursera. Hoping for more fun and learnings in upcoming weeks.

By Elekwachi P A

Aug 20, 2018

More than exceptional. i learnt how to prepare, arrange, write and deliver a confident public speech.

By Saumitra D

Mar 24, 2018

Thoroughly and effectively cover all the important points related to Introduction to Public Speaking.

By Bruna C

Nov 30, 2020

Curso muito relevante. Conseguirei aplicar as coisas que aprendi em diversas áspectos da minha vida.