Back to Introduction to Public Speaking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Public Speaking by University of Washington

This course gives you a reliable model for preparing and delivering effective presentations. In business, in school, and in public life, we are often called upon to “make a few comments.” Often, people tasked with such speeches become flummoxed. They might not know what to talk about, or ramble without making a point, or simply be confusing to listen to. This course is designed to help you shine where others falter. We’ll learn how organize talks clearly, write them memorably, and deliver them confidently. By the end of the course, you should be able to significantly reduce your fear of public speaking, use rehearsal techniques to develop a strong, vibrant speaking voice, and perform speeches with dynamic movement and gestures. The speech model that we’ll practice is useful for briefings, elevator talks, interviews, and even as a structure for hour-long presentations. If you’re a beginner, this course will help you quickly master the fundamentals of speaking. If you’re a seasoned speaker, this course will help you better understand public speaking and push you to the next level....

AJ
Jun 5, 2020

Excellent course for who are starting to speak in public or who are already a public speaker, no matter you join this course to get more tools & ideas to make your speech interesting to the audience.

MS
Jul 15, 2020

This is indeed a very good course for a beginner since it discusses all the ways of preparing and delivering a proper speech with necessary theoretical as well as practical classes and assignments.

151 - 175 of 458 Reviews for Introduction to Public Speaking

By Adweit G

Feb 18, 2020

Amazing course! It helped me manage my stage fright by giving me methods and tips. It also told me how to construct a good speech.

By Laimut� P

Nov 27, 2020

Incredible! For me it was a big challenge because of my English, but thanks for excellent lectures. Now I will be more confidant.

By Andrés F M R

Jul 9, 2020

The teacher is really good and funny, I would like to have teachers like him in every class I take. He is, also, extremely clear.

By Andrea H

Mar 1, 2017

This course was fantastic, it covered all of my public speaking questions and has really helped me be a better presenter at work.

By Juwel R

Jun 19, 2017

The course adds a new perspective on my thoughts to public speaking, and I am happy that I enrolled in this course. Thanks Matt!

By Diwakar K

May 9, 2020

Course is designed well but few more speech assignments could have been included as we know practice is key to public speaking.

By Jethro G

Mar 26, 2017

A very vital tool in business. I don't know know what took me so long to discover the course. It's the core of every business .

By KELSEY M C T G

Sep 9, 2020

Each weak you will learn from teory to practice, lessons are great. It really helped me to improve my public speaking skills.

By Ana C M

Feb 15, 2018

Definitely gives you the fundamentals on how to write a speech and how to use your body language, tone of voice and posture.

By Flore D

Oct 10, 2017

The course is very useful, and the teacher is an outstanding speaker : you'll learn a lot from watching him speak. Thanks !

By Alejandra F F Z

Nov 13, 2020

Excellent course, everything was perfectly designed. The resources, all the examples, and the assignments help me a lot.

By Tanmay M

Feb 6, 2018

It's a really amazing course for people interested in speaking well in public and moving the audiences with their speech

Aug 13, 2020

Very good diversity training to be grading how other students from different nations and backgrounds write and speak.

By SHYAM

Nov 14, 2016

Excellent. Using the model given in this course and applying them with practice will ensure that you will come a bet

By Yousuff p

Jun 26, 2020

A very good course to understand the basics about public speech on how to start preparing for speech and deliver it

By Andrea V V S

Nov 18, 2020

Un curso muy bueno, perfectamente explicado, actividades A doc y un excelente manejo de información proporcionada

By ranjith

Jul 8, 2020

This course made me realize that public speaking is more of like an enjoyable thing to do rather than fearing it.

By SHAJAN J P S

Jun 2, 2020

The course curriculam is great and the exercises are designed wonderfully to improve my public speaking ability.

By Uzan A

Dec 1, 2019

Very interesting course. I learned loads of things and I can already a great amelioration in my public speaking.

By Sofia M M

Nov 18, 2020

Dr. Matt was an excellent teacher. loved the way he explained the topics and it made me understand them easily.

By Alejandra C V

Jul 14, 2020

Excellent course. In the end I managed to meet the objectives, I acquired skills to improve my public speaking.

By José M A

Mar 29, 2020

It has given me a way to approach future public speeches with a systematic approach that will be very helpful.

By Gabriel D B

Mar 27, 2020

Great course ! Really clear and enjoying to watch, I think it will be really helpful in my professional life.

By Misael A A M

Nov 12, 2020

Awesome to get a basic-intermediate understanding of what public speaking is and how to increase your skills

By mustapha o

Jun 6, 2020

The course helped me a lot. Now, I'm a better speaker, and also a better listener. Thanks to the Professor