Back to Python Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Basics by University of Michigan

This course introduces the basics of Python 3, including conditional execution and iteration as control structures, and strings and lists as data structures. You'll program an on-screen Turtle to draw pretty pictures. You'll also learn to draw reference diagrams as a way to reason about program executions, which will help to build up your debugging skills. The course has no prerequisites. It will cover Chapters 1-9 of the textbook "Fundamentals of Python Programming," which is the accompanying text (optional and free) for this course. The course is for you if you're a newcomer to Python programming, if you need a refresher on Python basics, or if you may have had some exposure to Python programming but want a more in-depth exposition and vocabulary for describing and reasoning about programs. This is the first of five courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization....

NR
Oct 17, 2019

It's a must join course for the people who want to deep dive into the world of Python. I really loving this course very much. I wanna explore more hence opting for other parts of this specialization.

DK
Dec 7, 2020

The course was very comprehensive and easy to understand. The instructors made sure that they are giving the information in a way that won't make me confused. Thank you so much for this great course!

251 - 275 of 3,114 Reviews for Python Basics

By Rahul K T

Feb 24, 2020

I would like to thank Coursera for providing such an amazing course. This course provides deep in-depth knowledge of python language. The step by step approach provides a clear picture of how the objects work and their processing. Once again a great thanks!.....

By Ka K L

Oct 15, 2020

The course is very good for Python beginners. It covers all the basics and we were challenged with some real world coding problems. I especially find the "The way of programmers" useful as it introduces good coding practices that are rarely mentioned elsewhere.

By Md. R I R ,

Apr 24, 2020

The course is highly recommended for beginners willing to learn python. The instructors are very professional and the course contents are quite organized. I am aiming to learn machine learning and automation and I took this course as part of the prerequisites.

By PAZHANIMATHAVAN V

Jun 5, 2020

Thanks to MICHIGAN UNI for this wonderful interactive course, i really enjoyed every sec of it.. I like the texkbook features in the course which allow me to type and practice own.. OverAll the Best place to study Python.. I will do all 5 series python course

By SAMPRIT S

May 23, 2020

It was amazing to learn python form scratch. It was interesting to learn from University of Michigan. The interactive textbook and explanation of each example was cool to learn. The assignments were always useful for applying the logic and flow of execution.

By Nrusimha V K G

Apr 1, 2019

good coverage of some basic python data structures and constructs. I plan to taking the next courses in this specialization to get a deeper understanding and expertise on Py3. I would recommend everyone to start with this course for basic programming skills.

By Joseph P

Sep 17, 2021

I came to this course as a beginner with light knowlege of python. This course presented challenges that stimulated me mentally. The problems were complex and occasionally required deep thinking about the different possible solutions and their efficiencies.

By teja m

Dec 5, 2019

can you please provide class room assigments as extra work with no marks alloated for our testing our knowledge on the subject. the only reason i am taking two specialzation of python from the university of michigan is that is i like to gain some knowledge.

By E. A

Jul 16, 2020

Before this course, I had little interest in programming as I didn't know but this course had generated enough fire in me and encouraged me to learn more as “The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you" and give satisfaction

By CGTime

Nov 27, 2020

This course has really set a great foundation of what python is and the methods behind it. The advice and jokes from professors really made this course engaging. The course does take some dedication, but it is worth it! What are you waiting for? Register!

By Cherry S

May 14, 2019

This course has a great syllabus for teaching the basics of Python, even to someone who hasn't ever programmed before. Their interactive textbook is well-designed and easy to work with, and the exercises and practice tools are helpful. Highly recommended.

By MD M H

Dec 23, 2020

This is a very good course for beginners. The instructors are also trying their best. The Course is also attractive for runestone books and all practicing material. I shall suggest for anyone who is looking for good skills in pyton. It was really helpful

By Kannan D

Nov 22, 2020

This was an excellent introductory course. The instructors were exceptionally good. The content was delivered in bite size segments that made learning very easy. I loved every min of this course. Highly recommend to anyone wanting to learn Python basics.

By Bruno E D S

May 10, 2019

great course, it's indeed the basics like the name already suggested, but that is a pretty good start, if this is your first contact with python and everything it can do.

I loved the turtle module, it was amazing working with image and draw like that.

By Gatha S

Mar 18, 2021

Excellent course with very good professors teaching the basics of Python programming. I specially liked exercises and the interactive text-book. I would like to congratulate everyone associated with this course for creating such an excellent course.

By Tushar S

Apr 27, 2020

This course is a very good option for people trying to learn programming from scratch level via Python. I highly appreciate the way instructors of this course take us through various topics, clearing all the concepts digging to the grass-root level.

By Loganathan E

Mar 27, 2021

Excellent course with good course content, reading material and interactive tools for practicing .Well taught by very good professors with proper introduction and conclusion sections.

Thanks to University of Michigan, Coursera for this great course.

By Fabian d A G

Jun 9, 2021

G​reat course for introductory computer programming and Python 3 - well paced content, thorough video lectures, detailed (free) course literature on Runestone, coupled with Prof. Resnick's humour makes this a really enjoyable and satifying course.

By Harsh S

Jun 20, 2021

This is the best course to learn Python Basics. It even has the interactive texbook in which you can learn, perform and practice. All the concepts are explained in detail and in a very easy and structured way. Want to learn for real, "GO FOR IT".

By Ahmed A S

Mar 25, 2021

This is a great course. I benefited a lot from it and developed my skills in thinking and programming, especially Python. Therefore, I would like to thank the University of Michigan, Coursera and all those responsible for this excellent course.

By AKEELA S V T C

Jan 13, 2021

The basics are dealt with systematically. A very well organized course with an online text book, videos and assessments. I found this course very effective. It gave me a strong understanding of python programming. Looking forward to learn more.

By Haaris J

Jul 7, 2020

The instructors are excellent, and though the lectures were slow, they would give enough time to a beginner to understand. The syllabus is planned really well, and gives an in-depth understanding of not just Python, but programming, in general.

By Manish K

Mar 28, 2019

Excellent Course and coursera is doing a fantastic job providing young student and professional to gain knowledge and implement them in building there career, providing benifit to the organization and also in improving country economy.

GREAT JOB

By Jeffrey C

Mar 28, 2020

Very well organized. The in-browser programming gives you instant feedback on your efforts, and gives you the freedom to play around with the new concepts being taught to further ingrain the lessons learned. Good materials and lecture videos.

By Timothy P

Apr 5, 2019

This is the first course of a 5 course specialization I signed up for. I am glad I enrolled. After doing extensive research this may be one of the best courses, series/specializations to gain a solid foundation in Python out there. No regrets