Back to Python Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Basics by University of Michigan

This course introduces the basics of Python 3, including conditional execution and iteration as control structures, and strings and lists as data structures. You'll program an on-screen Turtle to draw pretty pictures. You'll also learn to draw reference diagrams as a way to reason about program executions, which will help to build up your debugging skills. The course has no prerequisites. It will cover Chapters 1-9 of the textbook "Fundamentals of Python Programming," which is the accompanying text (optional and free) for this course. The course is for you if you're a newcomer to Python programming, if you need a refresher on Python basics, or if you may have had some exposure to Python programming but want a more in-depth exposition and vocabulary for describing and reasoning about programs. This is the first of five courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization....

DK
Dec 7, 2020

The course was very comprehensive and easy to understand. The instructors made sure that they are giving the information in a way that won't make me confused. Thank you so much for this great course!

NR
Oct 17, 2019

It's a must join course for the people who want to deep dive into the world of Python. I really loving this course very much. I wanna explore more hence opting for other parts of this specialization.

201 - 225 of 3,117 Reviews for Python Basics

By Jason W

Apr 27, 2020

this course might be a little confusing if you are absolutely new to programming in python as some explanations aren't given in detail as beginners often need. But I gave it 5 stars because I had previous exposure to python fundamentals before taking this course. Week 4 in the course here was challenge for sure !

By Nalin M C

This has been my first online course and I'm glad to mention that every aspect of the course was perfect in all the ways - may it be video lectures, practice tools and most importantly the exercises and assignments. I will definitely rate it full marks for teaching me such a wonderful language with such an ease.

By Gary C

Nov 2, 2020

This is a very good course for a person who is either new to python or who is new to programming. If you already know another programming language, you may find the pace a little slow. In any case, the explanations and examples are excellent, and the coding exercises are well-designed to help you learn concepts.

By Emily K

Sep 24, 2021

Great introduction to Python! I started learning Python for free with another service, and I would say that it's totally worth the $50/month to buy this course. Everything is organized, there's tons of material covered, and they provide context so you can understand how to apply the information you're learning.

By Enam B

Jul 27, 2020

One of the best Python courses. Content is very elaborated for beginners, which is of course good to learn about the core basics. I took this course in order to practice, as I had prior knowledge in Python. All in all, I will recommend it to everyone. And one more thing, Paul Resnick is awesome. Happy learning!

By Tania M

Nov 15, 2020

Excelente curso que te explica detalladamente cómo es el funcionamiento de Python y de las variables, ciclos y demás. Una metodología perfecta que deberían de imitar las demás universidades. Me encanta el libro interactivo, aunque admito que el nivel del exámen fue alto, pude resolverlo con todo lo aprendido.

By Ankit M S

Apr 25, 2020

The course is very good for beginners. It provides an in-depth explanation for each concept. Runestone interactive book is the best place to practice questions and graded exercises have enough problems to make learners get a solid understanding of the concepts. Every little bit of every concept is explained.

By saurav j

May 7, 2020

I belong to Electronics and telecommunication branch so, I always fear to code. This course help me overcome my fear and I started feeling feel much confident to code,. also, It changed my mind in so many perspectives like you need to learn 3- 4 years mandatory to be a coder. all that, perhaps it isn't.

By Peter P

Nov 2, 2020

first of all I want to thank all of you for this awesome course, indeed it was really simple and I would raccomand this course for every one want to learn python, finally it was really awesome to have already an online tool for programming and making excercises.

Thanks for your efforts and see you again

By Habib H S

Apr 25, 2019

This is just awesome for starting python.

I tried some youtube courses and others in Udemy. But believe me this one is way better then those.

The design is this course's contents are perfectly arranged with practice and examples and teachers are highly skilled and their teaching style is also friendly.

By Alison C S S

Nov 7, 2019

Simply the best online course I've ever done! The methodology is highly intuitive and helps learners keep track of all they've learned, not to mention the bunch of exercises that contribute a lot to put all the knowledge into practice!

I look forward to taking the next courses for this specialization!

By PANIDAPU H C

Mar 30, 2020

First of all I want to THANK ALL THE GUIDERS(THE PROFESSORS). This course is very helpful to me.I am happy that I have worked heartfully and earned my certificate.Not only I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE PROFESSORS AND ALSO THE COURSERA TEAM FOR PROVIDING THIS WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY FOR ONLINE TEACHING.

By Aryan O

First of thanks for helping me out with financial aid by which I was able to complete my python basics course it really means a lot at this situation the course was just awesome it helped me learn all of the basics which is been required to understand python keep the great work doing guys thanks.

By Bret G

Dec 21, 2020

This was a great introductory course for picking up Python! I plan on taking as many of the other 4 courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization as I can, and after taking this course, I feel confident of taking on courses 2-4. The final course task still feels daunting at this point.

By Atanu K

Aug 12, 2019

This course is really helpful for them who are starting to learn python from basic level. The assignments and practice sessions are really good and the best part is you will learn the concept along with good amount of hands on. I'll recommend the course whoever wants to learn python basics.

By Andrew B

Mar 21, 2021

This course is an excellent option for reviewing the basics in Python. Although I have completed a couple of other beginner Python courses, I still learned a few new things in this one. This course is lengthier than others on the same topic, so be prepared to spend some time completing it.

By Dylan Z

Aug 19, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. It really gives you an understanding of the basics of the python language. If you really want to master the language this is a great starting point just remember to supplement it with the python documentation so you are getting the most out of your experience.

By LUIS M

Oct 27, 2020

I successfully completed the course and I am really pleased about it, I can tell that I was able to learn a great deal about the basics on python programming and Im looking forward to continue working on this subject. Hopefully I will be able to complete the full program on this platform.

By Alfian T

A great course with lots of detail explained and practice questions to help you gain a deep understanding of Python Basic. However, if you have some previous basic programming knowledge, the material in the beginning will be quite boring so I think you can just speed up the explanation.

By Matthew S

Apr 30, 2020

A good introduction to the basics. It covers everything from 'Hello world' to string operations, for loops, and conditionals. If you're already familiar with other programming languages, it's fairly easy and should take about a week. It's useful for quickly picking up the Python syntax.

By Yash J B

Jul 17, 2020

It's an amazing course with a very deep fundamental knowledge of Python but if you have come here after programming for everybody(getting started with python) course than you''ll feel this course a little tedious and repetitve. Although this was is very deep dive into basics of Python.

By Abhishek N

First i thought it's going to be a difficult course.

You Know, it's one of the best universities in the world. I thought "their basic level is gonna be a hard level for me"

But the way they teach us is............awesome!!

I don't know about certificate fee.. but I recommend you to join.

By David S

Feb 3, 2020

A very well structured course in the thematic part; with a very good practice tool that complements the courses. Although it is an introductory course of the python language, it gives us all the necessary tools and more than necessary to start in the language and continue learning.

By Lucia A I

Oct 22, 2021

I recommend to learn any programming language if there is another course offered by the University of Michigan. I have learnt the basics of python at my own pace, with an excellent course material and amazing instructors. Thank you for the excellent work you made with this course.

By KEERTHIRAJ G

Aug 23, 2020

It is really nice course,It is very useful to learn basic knowledge about python to understand that.

and also the am like to say thanks to Michigan university and the professors who teach this course.

and also the external tool given in this course is good to learn some more basics.