Back to Python Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Basics by University of Michigan

This course introduces the basics of Python 3, including conditional execution and iteration as control structures, and strings and lists as data structures. You'll program an on-screen Turtle to draw pretty pictures. You'll also learn to draw reference diagrams as a way to reason about program executions, which will help to build up your debugging skills. The course has no prerequisites. It will cover Chapters 1-9 of the textbook "Fundamentals of Python Programming," which is the accompanying text (optional and free) for this course. The course is for you if you're a newcomer to Python programming, if you need a refresher on Python basics, or if you may have had some exposure to Python programming but want a more in-depth exposition and vocabulary for describing and reasoning about programs. This is the first of five courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization....

NR
Oct 17, 2019

It's a must join course for the people who want to deep dive into the world of Python. I really loving this course very much. I wanna explore more hence opting for other parts of this specialization.

DK
Dec 7, 2020

The course was very comprehensive and easy to understand. The instructors made sure that they are giving the information in a way that won't make me confused. Thank you so much for this great course!

251 - 275 of 2,741 Reviews for Python Basics

By Loganathan E

Mar 27, 2021

Excellent course with good course content, reading material and interactive tools for practicing .Well taught by very good professors with proper introduction and conclusion sections.

Thanks to University of Michigan, Coursera for this great course.

By Ahmed A S

Mar 25, 2021

This is a great course. I benefited a lot from it and developed my skills in thinking and programming, especially Python. Therefore, I would like to thank the University of Michigan, Coursera and all those responsible for this excellent course.

By AKEELA S V T C

Jan 13, 2021

The basics are dealt with systematically. A very well organized course with an online text book, videos and assessments. I found this course very effective. It gave me a strong understanding of python programming. Looking forward to learn more.

By Haaris J

Jul 7, 2020

The instructors are excellent, and though the lectures were slow, they would give enough time to a beginner to understand. The syllabus is planned really well, and gives an in-depth understanding of not just Python, but programming, in general.

By Manish K

Mar 28, 2019

Excellent Course and coursera is doing a fantastic job providing young student and professional to gain knowledge and implement them in building there career, providing benifit to the organization and also in improving country economy.

GREAT JOB

By Jeffrey C

Mar 28, 2020

Very well organized. The in-browser programming gives you instant feedback on your efforts, and gives you the freedom to play around with the new concepts being taught to further ingrain the lessons learned. Good materials and lecture videos.

By Timothy P

Apr 5, 2019

This is the first course of a 5 course specialization I signed up for. I am glad I enrolled. After doing extensive research this may be one of the best courses, series/specializations to gain a solid foundation in Python out there. No regrets

By Phanidhar M

Mar 23, 2021

The way the course is explained is very useful for beginners to understand, we can practice in exercises at the end which gives us more clarity and confidence. Would recommend this course for beginners in python. Thanks for this course team!

By Mohammad J K

Jun 8, 2020

The course is organised in a systematic manner which helps understand the contents step my step helping learn and understand better. Recommended to everyone seeking to learn the fundamentals of python with little or no programming knowledge.

By Sadia R

May 13, 2020

My first ever course i have done in coursera and it made me more confident about learning and applying new things in life.I can't wait to solve more new things in future through the basics. Let's hope for the best and thanks for this course.

By MOHAMMAD S S V K S

Sep 12, 2019

it helped me a lot understanding and working of python Rume stone interrupter software a lot .I started to how to visualize the code using code lens all the time and I am very grateful in helping me to code to become a good programmer

By Mohamed Y A A

Feb 24, 2020

Many thanks for all Doctors who provide this course it was amazing and helpful, thanks for peers in forum I learned from them too much, thanks for Tianning for answering our questions and give the support all the period of the course.

By Raul

Jan 12, 2020

Great introduction into the world of python. I certainly recommend doing all the exercises at the end of the chapters. As practice in the very beginning is vital. 2-3 hours a day will have you knowing leagues more than you did before.

By Srivatsan N

Aug 4, 2019

Great fundamental course for programming in python. Absolutely loved the runestone framework , codelens and the teaching methodology. I am incredibly grateful to all the lecturers and the TA's for this awesome course. Thank you guys.

By Alejandro M

Mar 19, 2020

This course was the best introduction I ahve taken into programming and with python was very easy to understand the concepts. The runestone was a great tool for putting the theory in practice. Very satisfied with what I've learned.

By Elham A

Aug 26, 2019

University of Michigan, School of Information's courses are always the best. I love the pace of this course, it gave me the opportunity to review my learnings from "python for everybody" and reinforce them. Thank you all very much.

By Nguyen T N M

Sep 12, 2020

The course is truly Python for everyone. It is a very good starting point for a person who has no experience with Python. All of the materials, exercises and demonstration examples are prepared in a clear and comprehensive manner.

By Bavan M Y

Oct 17, 2020

if ur looking for python course,this is the right place for you. I started this course as a guy with 0 knowledge and now i know some part of python 100%.i finished my first part of specialization

and excited to start the next one

By RMILI O

Aug 7, 2020

I highly recommend this course to those who want to enter the world of programming and who are going to start from scratch and also the teachers are well qualified which helps you not only to learn python but also to admire it !

By SREENIVASULU A

Jul 28, 2020

excellent with Textbook materials, links, videos, detailed explanations with lots of examples and practice guide and assessment. Thank you so much, instructors!! Appreciate all your great work helping others to learn technology.

By Swayam G

Jun 3, 2020

Amazing but you must do two thing to improve your course

Firstly:give only three attempts for each assignment and max of three attempts marks will be graded.

secondly:show grades on the certificate it will make more attractive.

By Mara W

May 10, 2019

This is the best introductory Python 3 programming course I have taken. My confidence in Python programming has increased tremendously since taking this course. I look forward to sitting through the next course in this series.

By Esmerelda M B D M

Aug 11, 2020

Great course! Well structured and I especially love that we get to do lots of coding practice. Thank you Coursera, UM instructors & team for making this course available & accessible remotely, highly recommended for beginners!

By Le G H

Aug 16, 2020

I really like the Runestone environment, it's very useful to read again and practice even though I have a few years of experience. I would be very easy for the beginner to understand how the code run/compute by using CodeLens

By SUMATHI

The explanation of the content, practice questions, assignments,etc are very much interesting and helpful to learn basics of Python 3.6. I thank the course instructors, tutors and coordinators for giving such a clear content.